New music visualization - Collage
I was playing around with extrafanart and extrathumbs for music artists, and came up with this new visualization mode during music playback:

and here with the info box active:

I call it collage. The files stored in the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders are displayed in a continuous multi-image slideshow of the artist currently beeing played.

I've tried to create a border and shadow around each image to give it a better 3D look, but couldn't find a way to do it.

Does someone know if there is a way to create a border for the multiimage control?

Regards,
Spider
very nice, congrats

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
Star 
It's a nice look.. wondering if an adaption to the music cover visualization might have covers included or an option to that visualization.
PatK Wrote:It's a nice look.. wondering if an adaption to the music cover visualization might have covers included or an option to that visualization.

I suppose you want to include the covers of records of the artist currently being played. This is quite simple to achieve: just copy the cover image files to the folder artist\extrathumbs. The covers will be randomly displayed together with all thumb images stored in this folder.

Regards,
Spider
how can I add this to my XBMC setup. Is there a addon for it ?
jjwalker Wrote:how can I add this to my XBMC setup. Is there a addon for it ?

I have no skinning skills at all. What I did was a "dirty mod" in MusicVisualisation.xml. I modified the original fan art visualisation to display some slideshows (multiimage control) simultaneously.

If other users like this idea, perhaps Ronie could integrate it in Transparency...

Regards,
Spider
Spider,

I came across your posts for both your collage visualization AND the ability to cycle extrathumbs images (not just extrafanart) for artists.

You commented you're not a skinner and just modified the .xml -- but you're obviously better at xml than me <grin>! (I'm somewhat technical and usually halfway decent at figuring things out, but despite a solid effort I couldn't narrow down the necessary changes in the .xml).

Any chance you could post your modified files? I can run a diff and see the changes.

Again, I'm actually most interested in the extrathumbs cycling modification to View-Fanart.xml of your other thread, but this collage one is way cool too. Looks more complex though.

Yeah, I know I'd have to re-apply changes if I ever update; I'm prepared for that. Thanks for helping someone else learn!
Bump! Angel Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New music visualization - Collage0