• 4(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Awesome job on the different views, very nicely done!

maui917 Wrote:Hi have xbmc installed on a few machines some of which I don't really use as my HTPC but are just desktops, and the problem is this. I installed this on three machines, first on a machine running XP and got everything working including the thumbnails showing up for all the movies. Then installed it on another desktop running Vista and everything works as far as browsing and watching the movies but no thumbnails are showing up, then I installed it on my real HTPC machine running Windows 7 and same thing. The movies show up and I can browse and play them but no thumbnails are showing up. I set all of them up the same way I can't think of any reason why the thumbs are working on the XP machine but not on the others... any ideas?

Also one other quick question on your iewrap I am using it and it seems to work except I programmed a button on my remote to send F10, I planned to use it as a "stop" button. So when done watching a movie I hit it and it will close the window and return to xbmc. It works before the movie is playing, but in full screen with the movie playing, when I press F10 nothing happens. Is this by design?

The thumbnails issue I'll get fixed up, basically i need to rotate through the image servers, they will show up the way it is, but sometimes the server is busy and doesn't respond.

The IE wrapper should be trapping F10 at all times, but it seems to be a mixed bag of results. For me, it works all the time on my test box, but then some of the silverlight controls don't work (like ESC), when others (like F for fullscreen do).

Does ESC work to exit full screen mode for you?
No Escape doesn't work to exit full screen either, how ever F for fullscreen does work.

HTPC: Acer Revo 3610, Windows 7, Latest XBMC Nightlies, Hulu Desktop, Netflix, and Harmony 300 Remote
Server: 4 TB (and growing) WHS
use alt+f4 to leave full-screen, then press again to exit IE
Working on getting this into the xbmc addon repo, I think i've done what's required on that front based on the wiki.

When it's in there, version 1.0.6 will be available.
Fixed poster issue where it would always use the same image mirror
Added a reference advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml
Fixed the missing folder for links (if using the git version of the plugin)

Note: If your not seeing any posters, you will need to select the quality level from the addon settings
Ok, the app looks great, but I can't see where to log in, is it just me or is it there? I am on Mac OS X, on the new Dharma release, just in case.
thepwneddroid Wrote:Ok, the app looks great, but I can't see where to log in, is it just me or is it there? I am on Mac OS X, on the new Dharma release, just in case.

The login is in your browser on the netflix site. You will be prompted when you first choose an item from within the plugin. If your not seeing that, you dont' have the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml files (see first post, page 4 for osx)

Since the app uses the API, it'll prompt you in your browser to link the app to netflix. Once done, it stores a key and key secret in the usersettings.txt file that is used to pull/add/change/etc from your netflix queue.
This may be obvious to most but since I just spent about 5 hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong I figured I'd post my problem/solution anyways.

If you are building a brand new HTPC you need to have at least either used IE/Silverlight to log into netflix, or download the WMC Netflix plugin in some fashion before attempting to run this plugin (it may be either/or or both, I don't know).

If literally the first thing you put on your new system is XBMC and you try and get this plugin to work, you will get an error before ever being pushed to the netflix page to confirm the linking of accounts.

Now that I got it working I'm excited though, thanks for the app!
Gigem Wrote:This may be obvious to most but since I just spent about 5 hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong I figured I'd post my problem/solution anyways.

If you are building a brand new HTPC you need to have at least either used IE/Silverlight to log into netflix, or download the WMC Netflix plugin in some fashion before attempting to run this plugin (it may be either/or or both, I don't know).

If literally the first thing you put on your new system is XBMC and you try and get this plugin to work, you will get an error before ever being pushed to the netflix page to confirm the linking of accounts.

Now that I got it working I'm excited though, thanks for the app!
Good info.

No other plugins are needed, and it shouldn't matter if you have used IE/Silverlight before as it's just opening a web location. I've tested this on three machines (all win 7). So i'd like to get some additional details about what error you had so i can see if there needs to be something done different.
Ack, wish I had saved my diag files from last night, they probably would have given better insight.

Basically I installed the two scripts, found the plugin in XBMC and it pulled up the Instant Queue - All, etc, list, but if I would try to click on any of them it would just say up at the top something to the nature of "script failed plugin.video.xbmcflicks" (not sure on exact wording).

I remember opening the diagnostic file and I believe seeing that it was trying to pull my Netflix username data from somewhere, which set off red flags because I had never put in any of my Netflix info in this computer before, so I was assuming it just couldn't pull that file. I didn't know if it was pulling from some log from a browser or somewhere else, so I just logged into Netflix on IE/Chrome, saved the login, and then installed the Netflix plugin for WMC and logged in that way as well.

After that, I ran the program and it worked. Hope this helps!
I have got the plug in installed and everything but when I try to play a movie nothing happens. I press enter and all I hear is the clicking sound.
Hey - this is absolutely great! Thanks so much for filling a gap that needed to be filled in XBMC.

One question: Is there any way to get this setup to browse different genres as well? If someone doesn't utilize their Instant Queue much the variety isn't too large.

Anyhow, again - thank you. I am just glad it is available and working!
southzeztpot Wrote:I have got the plug in installed and everything but when I try to play a movie nothing happens. I press enter and all I hear is the clicking sound.

you'll need the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsetting.xml changes so that it'll play the movie in the browser window.

Quote:Hey - this is absolutely great! Thanks so much for filling a gap that needed to be filled in XBMC.

One question: Is there any way to get this setup to browse different genres as well? If someone doesn't utilize their Instant Queue much the variety isn't too large.

Anyhow, again - thank you. I am just glad it is available and working!
Glad ya like it.

Genres is coming, I need to get the bulk query's working correctly before I turn it on.

There's also some changes to tv shows folder view, and sorting, in process though, nothing is done on those yet.
Hi, I've been trying to get this up and running. I had it runing for a while but I kept having the iewraper.exe crashing whenever i would press the "F" key to go into full screen.

Somewhere along the way i accedently delete my userinfo.txt and now the script does not work. I've since my main xbmc box is on a linux machine (i'm testing the windows version for netfilx), i reinstalled xbmc completely and I still can't get the add-in to work anymore.

Any help would me much appreciated
This looks like a great addon. I especially like that it integrates the netflix queue with the look and feel of the rest of xbmc.

I'm wondering if there's any possibility of getting it working with moonlight - the linux version of silverlight. Their current stable release is for version 2, but they have a pre-release of version 3 also available. I don't know how well it would work streaming HD videos from Netflix, but it might be worth looking into. More information about it can be found at http://go-mono.com/moonlight/.
jeffaudio Wrote:This looks like a great addon. I especially like that it integrates the netflix queue with the look and feel of the rest of xbmc.

I'm wondering if there's any possibility of getting it working with moonlight - the linux version of silverlight. Their current stable release is for version 2, but they have a pre-release of version 3 also available. I don't know how well it would work streaming HD videos from Netflix, but it might be worth looking into. More information about it can be found at http://go-mono.com/moonlight/.

no because moonlight CANNOT read the DRM streams of silverlight.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16