• 67(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
I've investigate a little bit, and I've found that you should be able to get back your instant queue listings for movies only (I'm still working out the tv show episodes not showing up).

You'll have to modify the Netflix.py in your addon path. For Win 7 this is:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\Netflix.py

somewhere around line 207 in that file is a definition for getInstantQueue. You can search the file for:

"def getInstantQueue"

Towards the end of that definition block you'll find:

try:
info = simplejson.loads( self.client._getResource( requestUrl, parameters=parameters, token=accessToken ) )

change it to (just realized I was missing an "=" sign - fixed it below - sorry!):
info = simplejson.loads( self.client._getResource( requestUrl, parameters=parameters, token=accessToken ), 'latin-1' )

This seems to work where parsing strange characters previously was causing the script to not show anything in any of the instant queues for me.

The only drawback at the moment is that TV episodes still won't list - but at least movies will list and should work like normal.

On a side note - I am considering a complete rewrite of this plugin, but am having to learn python along the way (not coding in general, just python syntax). If anyone else is up to the challenge, let me know!
thanks PatDavid, would be great if you or someone else could take a stab at completely overhauling this addon! It's okay (when it works), but I really wish it was more integrated into XBMC like Hulu is....

Most of the time it doesn't work anyway, and I end up using the advanced launcher to open up Google Chrome to Netflix. This is the only thing holding me back from switching over completely to XBMC from our crap-tastic Logitech Revue with Google TV.
I had trouble getting this fix to work, but I'm an idiot. Then it did, and now I've registered an account just to say that you are a wonderful person, strong of bone and sinew, the kind of hero this world needs to make our movie queue work again. Thanks!
Also, if you leave the '=' sign in instead of taking it out, it makes tv work again too!
(nope, nevermind. It just puts the folders in the queue, it doesn't let the actual shows show up)
Following PatDavid's lead from above I located the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb\resources\lib\Netflix.py file and proceeded to edit several of the info = simplejson.loads( self.client._getResource( requestUrl, parameters=parameters, token=accessToken ) ) lines that I located not all of them although it may not have hurt. In any case I was able to get all my Movies and TV shows to get listed. BTW don't take the = sign out, just add the ,'latin-1' between the ) and the ) at the end of each line.

I did the upgrade to the latest version of spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-4aa5bcb before doing the edits.
LE 9.95.2 // Kodi 19.0
Pi4 with 2GB of ram
SD card for OS
Emby server + NAS, Pi4 is mounted in a Flirc all aluminum case. No fan.
I attempted to follow your instructions, mooncaptain, and replaced all the relevant parts of all simplejson.loads with the new latin-1 thing. Now, bearing in mind that I'm not bright at this, I was able to get my TV list to populate, but when the series themselves are opened, I get nothing but .. . Have you been able to make the actual contents of those folders display or play them? I know I'm missing something here, and I did every one of those instances plus a few more(there isn't always a space between ) ), for instance)
I found that replacing all occurences didn't really help much to what I was most concerned about (instant streaming listings), but figure it can't really hurt.

The problem is that this doesn't fix the problem of listing episdoes in a tv show (or seasons, I think).

I am working on refactoring the code for this addon, but can't promise anything too quickly (Still learning XBMC plugins, and Python).

I have ideas, now just have to figure things out and find time to actually do it. It's a bit of a priority for me, personally, as this is the last stumbling block for me moving completely to xbmc personally...
Well, I don't know how to do anything, but I'll help you however I can. I'm monitoring this post pretty closely, so if you need something tried on an outside machine post it here, pm me, or email me at [email protected].
So, I am an amateur after all - didn't fully test the results. I get the TV show listing but... no episodes - so there you go. Next stop Roku maybe. But until Christmas I'm going to monitor this thread in hopes someone can sort this out, which I would really appreciate because all I really am capable of is "Cook Book" solutions.

I am having the same issue that is described here as well. I appreciate all your work to help figure out the problem and a possible fix. Unfortunately I tried making these changes to the netflix.py file and it causes a script failed error. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I copied the text directly from your post to make sure I wasn't mistyping anything. I was wondering if anyone who has this working would mind sharing their netflix.py file or has any other ideas to get this to work? Thank you
The original change he posted, if you copied and pasted it, doesn't have an = sign in the second one, the one you likely copied and pasted. Go trying to put that in. After that, make sure that the part that actually should change, between the two parenthesis, says "), 'latin-1' ) Note the spaces, the comma, and don't put quotes; its an apostrophe. .
Okay, I replaced all instances as stated above with the , 'latin-1' and now the following items work. However, as others stated the instant queue: TV still doent work. It shows the listings but no episodes are displayed. If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work please let us know.

1. Instant Queue: All - shows all listing but only movies play
2. Instant Queue: Movies
3. Top 25
4. All New Arrivals - shows all listing but only movies play
EDIT:
This gets solved with the posts above, only issue is that tv shows are not listings as mentioned above.

Im struggeling with getting Xbmc flicks to work. When I press my instant queue im not getting anything.

*** What's in the Instant Queue? ***
20:29:32 T:6092 NOTICE: params: {'max_results': '75'}
20:29:32 T:6092 NOTICE: http://api.netflix.com/users/ .... ... &expand=%40title%2C%40synopsis%2C%40directors%2C%40formats%2C%40episodes%2C%40short_synopsis
20:29:39 T:6092 NOTICE: Max value: 75
20:29:39 T:6092 NOTICE: In CA: False
20:29:39 T:6092 NOTICE: {}

Does anyone know? I have verificated correctly etc.

Thanks in advanced!
Make sure it is changed exactly like the following?

info = simplejson.loads( self.client._getResource( requestUrl, parameters=parameters, token=accessToken ), 'latin-1' )
Are you able to get tv shows episodes to show?
No. If you looks at my message above I said the following:

instant queue: TV still doent work. It shows the listings but no episodes are displayed.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16