• 55(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC
Yes this can be frustrating at times. And I also agree on not understanding why Netflix and such is so slow to work with well with XBMC. However, i cant complain too much as XBMC is free.

Basically for me what I do for my family is Use Windows Media Center 7. And have a shortcut/launch within WMC to launch XBMC for the bulk use of my movie/streaming operations(as I have found the WMC add-ons of My Movies and Media Browser to unpredictable and crashes way to much to be effective). Then I exit XBMC and it takes me back into WMC so I can use the WMC Netflix Add-on for all the Netflix watching. Not an all in one solution. But one that only requires the remote and no keyboard. Keeps the family happy as well. So it's still the 10 foot experience just have to bounce back to WMC to watch netflix is all.

;
In xbmc flicks it's not as pretty and user friendly as just opening IE and going to Netflix and searching their nice WebUI on their site! Why can't it be easier to search in xbmc flicks?
(2012-03-28, 12:57)falafael Wrote: I feel your pain mate, oddly enough, i have been tinkering this morning with the netflix addon due to the fact that lovefilm isn't going to allow itself on xbmc, so i thought i would try netfix, but no luck.
Sure xbmc is sweet, but sometimes there times when ya have to pee around with files just to get them to work (demand 5,4OD), and truth be told, some people do not have the knowledge to do that, hell this set up is used by all the family, but i have to do all the setting up, the wife hasn't a clue bout addon ons, repositorys etc.

So yes, at times, xbmc does need to be more 'frendlier' to the average 'user'
There are times when i have been annoyed at the stupidity and greed of certain companies not allowing there services on xbmc, as i do believe that this software can go a long way still, but maybe time will tell.

Funnily enough, we just saw an advert for Netflix today for £6 streaming... Went to sign up, paused at the card payment to check for xbmc plugin... Came here... Saw this... Closed payment screen!

When will they learn...
Apparently netflix aint that good, guys at work say they have a lot of old stuff, i subscribe to lovefilm mind, but thats only for three months then its cancelled as i have to use the 360 for that, and truth be told, in two months i have only watched 1 movie on it!
Hi there!

How one can change the database to be queried? my point is, being on Argentina, we have different content... each movie I see as a result, throws eventually to the "content not yet available" message.

So basically, how can I see the Argentine database?

Thanks much! Smile
I was wondering if the addon will be made available for Eden. I dont see the addon in xbmc repository. I am using a fresh install of XBMC on windows7 x64.
I don't see the addon for XBMCflix also.

XBMC Eden on win7 32bit Sad
(2012-04-02, 18:26)smceja Wrote: I don't see the addon for XBMCflix also.

XBMC Eden on win7 32bit Sad

See post #806 - it's only one page back! Nod
You could also use advanced Launcher to open Chrome (or another browser) to Netflix's website and invest in this http://amzn.com/B006OW1J1M .Or other types of keyboard/remotes combos
Wow! That is a lot cheaper than my diNovo Mini, and it has Function keys (F1, etc.) too!

Does it work well for you?

(2012-04-03, 04:57)handbone Wrote: You could also use advanced Launcher to open Chrome (or another browser) to Netflix's website and invest in this http://amzn.com/B006OW1J1M .Or other types of keyboard/remotes combos

Quote:Hi there!

How one can change the database to be queried? my point is, being on Argentina, we have different content... each movie I see as a result, throws eventually to the "content not yet available" message.

So basically, how can I see the Argentine database?

Thanks much!
Any ideas about this? - Thanks much!
when I search for the add on in the stock repository it does now show up...
I am using XBMC 11 on a running windows 7 pro machine, I have silverlight installed and don't have any issues playing movies from the website.
any ideas why this isn't showing up for download and install?
Got it downloaded, installed and linked my account. Set "Canadian Netflix" in the configuration. Unfortunately, while it lists content, it won't play (The movie you selected is unavailable) with everything.

Obidya, you can find the link to the .zip archive (then install addon from .zip) back a couple pages in post.... 806 I believe.
If you're in Canada, and can't get this plug-in to work, try these hacks:

1) Edit the iqueue.py file. In Win7/Vista it is located at c:\users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-1d81b3a\resources\lib\iqueue.py
Replace all occurences of the string "www.netflix.ca" with "ca.netflix.com" (omit quotes).

2) Edit lines 268-271 of the menu.py file. In Win7/Vista it is located at c:\users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\addons\spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-1d81b3a\resources\lib\menu.py:

BEFORE:
Code:
if(not IN_CANADA):
   addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1 }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_all.png'))
   addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1a, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1a }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_movies.png'))
   addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1b, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1b }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_tv.png'))

AFTER:
Code:
#if(not IN_CANADA): # this line commented out by XBMCSnapper 20120401 and the following three lines were each moved left 3 spaces
addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1 }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_all.png'))
addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1a, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1a }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_movies.png'))
addDirectoryItem(name=SUBMENU1b, parameters={ PARAMETER_KEY_MODE:MODE1b }, isFolder=True, thumbnail=os.path.join(resourcePath, 'instant_queue_tv.png'))

Be mindful of the spaces. You are basically removing the conditional statement "if(not IN_CANADA):"so that the the three lines that follow will apply even though you are in Canada. With the conditional statement commented out (that's what the # symbol does), you need to move each of the next three lines 3 spaces to the left or there will be a script error. Not sure if this is the best solution but it worked for me. This was necessary for my Instant Queue to show up.

3) If using a Windows OS other than W7 SP1 (or later), you'll also need to edit c:\users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml
so that IE (32-bit version) is used rather than IE64. Apparently, Silverlight 64-bit version is not compatible with IE64 unless the OS is W7 SP1 or later.
The edit to playercore.xml is simply to point to the non 64-bit version of IE.

BEFORE:
Code:
<filename>c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>

AFTER:
Code:
<filename>c:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>

Again, not sure if this is the best solution but it worked for me.
Ok, that made playback work, though there are a couple problems, in case the author happens by (or, if you know how to fix it):

1) "Recommended for you" comes up blank
2) TV shows never list episodes, selecting one simply plays what appears to be the next unwatched (not certain this is what happens, can experiment more to find out if needed
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC16