• 27(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Try... https://kodi.wiki/view/Event_Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I finally discovered what made the scanner crash, and it's stupendously simple.

First of all, I should say that I only have local films in my library, and that all of them have their own separate .nfo file with the title and other info like IMDB rating etc.

As it turns out, the scanner has a problem with some diacritic letters, which makes it just stop scanning and output "An error occurred"-message. I realized this when the scanner did not crash when it had half my library loaded, and after some searching, I managed to narrow it down to a French film with the word "intérieurs" in the title. As you can see, the title has a tiny ' above the e in "intérieurs", and that was enough to make the missing movie scanner crash.  So I just edited the .nfo for this movie and set the title to be "interieurs" (without the ' above the e) and suddenly the scanner worked perfectly and I could finally scan my whole library again.

I have a whole bunch of other films which has other diacritic letters in their title, so it seems the scanner does not have a problem with all these letters, but at least é was a problem.
There is a way (for a couple months now, so came in with some update) that crashes scanner ...

2020-08-22 14:13:41.646 T:140578387097344   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/default.py", line 234, in <module>
                                                plugin.run()
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run
                                                self._dispatch(self.path)
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 141, in _dispatch
                                                view_func(**kwargs)
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/default.py", line 167, in missing_by_source
                                                + library.get_episodes()))
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/default.py", line 100, in find_missing_videos
                                                for entry in entries:
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/fsutils.py", line 90, in _walk
                                                for entry in _walk(path_head, join(path_tail, name), filter_dir):
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/fsutils.py", line 80, in _walk
                                                dirs, files = _listdir(join(path_head, path_tail))
                                              File "/home/user/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.mms/fsutils.py", line 105, in join
                                                result += path
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-08-22 14:13:41.663 T:140576829732608   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.mms/missing_videos/source/%2Fmnt%2Fkodi%2FAnime
2020-08-22 14:13:41.676 T:140580428360384   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.mms/missing_videos/source/%2Fmnt%2Fkodi%2FAnime) failed
The addon doesn't seems to work with network sources added over http.
Hello, i'm facing the same issue of other users with the error "Error Contents: 'utf-8' codec can't encode character '\udce8' in position 70: surrogates not allowed". Is there a way to log which file is generating this error? thank you in advance
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1