Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 141(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
dwayned Wrote:Hey guys, having a little issue here, my Cinema Experience setup is skipping complete sections. Like it plays my trivia intro video, my trivia slides, trivia outro video and then goes straight to feature presentation intro and movie, skipping all my special videos and movie trailers. I'm running Eden RC2 with the latest cinema experience build (2.03 I think). If anyone else is experiencing this let me know the fix.

A debug log is needed..
Sad 
So I've been having trouble with getting CE working. Basically it plays the first two intros then stops, but it takes 20-30 minutes to start playing.

Split into two parts because it's huge. This may be part of the problem as to why it is taking so long to start, but it shouldn't take that long to scan for my trailers.

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/kC2T9byc
Part 2: http://pastebin.com/86gBuGH4
QuinRiva Wrote:So I've been having trouble with getting CE working. Basically it plays the first two intros then stops, but it takes 20-30 minutes to start playing.

Split into two parts because it's huge. This may be part of the problem as to why it is taking so long to start, but it shouldn't take that long to scan for my trailers.

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/kC2T9byc
Part 2: http://pastebin.com/86gBuGH4

One issue in the script is that the function that determines pause/resume/stop is having an issue on a slow network(I think I have already fixed this for the next release).

The reason it is taking a lot of time for the videos to start playing is that you have a lot of trailers, which normally is not a big deal except yours are in separate folders for each trailer and XBMC(note, not the script) is taking 7 mins alone just to check to see if the folders exist in the Library, then the script has to look in each of these folders for Valid trailers(-trailer) This is another 6 mins. All this before the script even chooses your trailers. If all of your trailers were in a single folder(not sub folders.) this time would be greatly reduced.
dwayned Wrote:Hey guys, having a little issue here, my Cinema Experience setup is skipping complete sections. Like it plays my trivia intro video, my trivia slides, trivia outro video and then goes straight to feature presentation intro and movie, skipping all my special videos and movie trailers. I'm running Eden RC2 with the latest cinema experience build (2.03 I think). If anyone else is experiencing this let me know the fix.

I'm also having this issue on RC2, in RC1 it skips cinema experience entirely, I am running it perfectly fine on Beta 2
Make sure you have the right version of CE for the version of XBMC you are using.
giftie Wrote:One issue in the script is that the function that determines pause/resume/stop is having an issue on a slow network(I think I have already fixed this for the next release).

The reason it is taking a lot of time for the videos to start playing is that you have a lot of trailers, which normally is not a big deal except yours are in separate folders for each trailer and XBMC(note, not the script) is taking 7 mins alone just to check to see if the folders exist in the Library, then the script has to look in each of these folders for Valid trailers(-trailer) This is another 6 mins. All this before the script even chooses your trailers. If all of your trailers were in a single folder(not sub folders.) this time would be greatly reduced.

I wouldn't think that the network speed would be be too slow (it's gigabit). All of my trailers are kept in separate folders, for two reasons:
  1. All of my trailers for movies I have are kept in the respective folder (Beetlejuice\Beetlejuice-trailer.mov)
  2. All of the trailers I download are downloaded and stored in their own folder with a thumbnail and nfo file.
BEWBTUBE Wrote:I'm also having this issue on RC2, in RC1 it skips cinema experience entirely, I am running it perfectly fine on Beta 2

my response is the same.. Need a debug log to help.
QuinRiva Wrote:I wouldn't think that the network speed would be be too slow (it's gigabit).
Samba is slow no matter what your network speed is, hence why you see the Buffering/Busy dialogs. But as I said that there is an error in this version that the script thinks playback has been stopped.
Quote: All of my trailers are kept in separate folders, for two reasons:
  1. All of my trailers for movies I have are kept in the respective folder (Beetlejuice\Beetlejuice-trailer.mov)
  2. All of the trailers I download are downloaded and stored in their own folder with a thumbnail and nfo file.

Well, there is not a solution to your problem with how long the script takes to build the playlist, with out changing how your downloaded trailers are stored, as it is at XBMC's mercy for file access.
Hi giftie

Finally i get my LOG .....

here is .... I hope you help me ...

many thanks

http://pastebin.com/cQGC4790
(2012-03-14, 00:56)mvlc Wrote: Hi giftie

many thanks

Looks like it is XBMC hanging at the creation of the Progress Dialog. The next release has a work around.
(2012-03-14, 01:42)giftie Wrote:

many thanks

Looks like it is XBMC hanging at the creation of the Progress Dialog. The next release has a work around.

It´s very good. But, why it´s happen with me and some users, and not with many others ??

And do you know when, aproximately, will be this release ?

thanks

Does anyone can help me? I set up CineExp, just only Audio Format and Trailer, it plays very well. But when i added one more Movie Theatre Intro, nothing happened when i pressed the button, XBMC was not responding. I had converted video file to many different types like mkv, m2ts, avi,wmv, even mp4, but it didnt work. Please tell me what i was wrong. Thank you in advance!
(2012-03-15, 15:22)kendo Wrote: Does anyone can help me? I set up CineExp, just only Audio Format and Trailer, it plays very well. But when i added one more Movie Theatre Intro, nothing happened when i pressed the button, XBMC was not responding. I had converted video file to many different types like mkv, m2ts, avi,wmv, even mp4, but it didnt work. Please tell me what i was wrong. Thank you in advance!

A debug log is required..

(2012-03-14, 17:00)mvlc Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 01:42)giftie Wrote:

many thanks

It´s very good. But, why it´s happen with me and some users, and not with many others ??
Not every one has the same system, often different different skins, different background scripts. There are some fixes showing up in the master branch of XBMC which should show up in Eden before release.
Quote:And do you know when, aproximately, will be this release ?

thanks

Soon I hope.
Hi Giftie, I know you have your hands full with everything but I had been wondering if you have any suggestion for me with CE on playing music before CE starts?
Why I am asking this is because I recently bought an outdoor movie screen and wouold like to set CE up before dark and set the music to play while it is too light out for the movies to display on the screen. So maybe 30 minutes of music then CE start all while I sit and drinks beer. LOL
Any kind of scripts or commands I could implement for this or playlist maybe? Just looking for your idea.
(2012-03-16, 14:02)Harro Wrote: Hi Giftie, I know you have your hands full with everything but I had been wondering if you have any suggestion for me with CE on playing music before CE starts?
Why I am asking this is because I recently bought an outdoor movie screen and wouold like to set CE up before dark and set the music to play while it is too light out for the movies to display on the screen. So maybe 30 minutes of music then CE start all while I sit and drinks beer. LOL
Any kind of scripts or commands I could implement for this or playlist maybe? Just looking for your idea.

You can always just use the trivia at the beginning.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24