Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 242(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
sounds good, everything else I used on it works pretty good, this add-on is awesome. I have had a few other problems in the trivia section. I use slides from cinemavision (Actor Scramble,Blockbusters, and Movie Trivia) and when i point CE to the directory that has all of them it only shows "blockbusters" When I point to the directory that just contains "actor scramble" and "movie trivia" it works sometimes, other times it will play them in a random order. I never changed the slides.xml files I just left them how they were when I downloaded them (one in each folder with the slides.) Should there just be one slides.xml file or is this setup normal? (I have my directories setup properly according to the wiki)
(2014-03-17, 21:06)zebrom Wrote: sounds good, everything else I used on it works pretty good, this add-on is awesome. I have had a few other problems in the trivia section. I use slides from cinemavision (Actor Scramble,Blockbusters, and Movie Trivia) and when i point CE to the directory that has all of them it only shows "blockbusters" When I point to the directory that just contains "actor scramble" and "movie trivia" it works sometimes, other times it will play them in a random order. I never changed the slides.xml files I just left them how they were when I downloaded them (one in each folder with the slides.) Should there just be one slides.xml file or is this setup normal? (I have my directories setup properly according to the wiki)

I have a similar issue. I have a lot of different types of slides that i accumulated over time. They all have their slides.xml files. It used to work just fine until recently. Now it only shows slides from two folders: actors scramble and Pixar and completely ignores others. I swear I didn't change a thing
Has anyone found any good 3D intro type videos or trailers? I found this but it's not 3D.

http://youtu.be/-J0erD49rw8

3D audio trailers for dts and THX but no Dolby

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/3d-hig...ailers.php

And this site has a number of links to 3D trailers but you have to go through them all to find the good ones. Lots of foreign languages or horrible quality (like camsHuh?).

http://www.stereoscopynews.com/reference...ilers.html

Searching YouTube becomes redundant if you don't get the exact wording correct since the site is now badly overrun with pure garbage. Anyone have any other resources?
Giftie,

I have been playing around with the auto script, and it works as a charm with my Hue (not so great with boblight though)

well, I have it working with script start, pause, resume etc.

but are there any trigger for stopping the movie..?

thanks.
Passed this script on to a new XBMC convert today and they love now as much as I do. So I pop back here and see you are still updating your great script and doing what you can to offer up a solution to any problem we have....so just a thank you for that Smile

Tried the stream for trailers for the first time today myself as always in the past linked to my trailers for every film I have...great idea but sadly my internet speed is just too low to stream anything above 480p quality and even that isn't always spot on. Any tips on how I could make this quicker (anyone)?

Cheers Andy
I'm currently experimenting with downloading the trailers in the background. I can't seem to stream to well so I'm trying this instead. http://hdtrailersdler.codeplex.com/

Also, thanks gifty for this awesome add-on!
Hi. Having a problem when trying to set a .pls playlist as countdown video. Here's the content of the.pls file. As it shows there's two files in that playlist:
Code:
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=2

File1=C:\Users\H5\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\home theater media\feature presentation\hd_dts_paint_symphony_lossless.m2ts
Title1=symphony

File2=C:\Users\H5\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\home theater media\feature presentation\hd_other_sony_two_worlds.m2ts
Title2=sony

The problem is that CE thinks that the file 2 of the pls is feature intro video. This results in an inaccurate home automation triggering. Cause of that audio video doesn't trigger anything and the actual feature intro video gets triggered as an audio video in eventghost.

Here's debug log xbmc.log

I think same kind of issue was resolved here earlier (if I understood right): https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema..../issues/10

Tried also .m3u playlist instead of.pls but the same issue keeps appearing
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2014-03-25, 23:09)weirdinin Wrote: Hi. Having a problem when trying to set a .pls playlist as countdown video. Here's the content of the.pls file. As it shows there's two files in that playlist:
Code:
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=2

File1=C:\Users\H5\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\home theater media\feature presentation\hd_dts_paint_symphony_lossless.m2ts
Title1=symphony

File2=C:\Users\H5\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\home theater media\feature presentation\hd_other_sony_two_worlds.m2ts
Title2=sony

The problem is that CE thinks that the file 2 of the pls is feature intro video. This results in an inaccurate home automation triggering. Cause of that audio video doesn't trigger anything and the actual feature intro video gets triggered as an audio video in eventghost.

Here's debug log xbmc.log

I think same kind of issue was resolved here earlier (if I understood right): https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema..../issues/10

Tried also .m3u playlist instead of.pls but the same issue keeps appearing

Playlist handling was a little messed up in the .10 versions the next release has this fixed
(2014-02-12, 23:58)barcoboy Wrote: Just had a small suggestion for the trivia section that I thought would hopefully be easy enough to implement. I use both trivia "fact" images as well as questions and answers, so depending on how they are randomly chosen, occasionally the last slide will end up being a question that then the answer is not shown. This leaves my guests asking me, "What was the answer to that question?" Big Grin Just wondering if it would be possible to modify Cinema Experience so that the last slide in the trivia is always either a still single image, or an answer slide (ie: not a question or clue slide)?

Hey Giftie... sorry to quote myself, but just wondering what your thoughts were about my suggestion? Sorry if you already replied to this and I missed it. Big Grin
All of you guys who are having issues with only the Stills playing, READ THIS!

To fix this issue: Put all of the sets into the Trivia folder, and remove the Q&A and Stills folders.

I've got a PM in to giftie to see if this is by design or an oversight. If it is by design, I'll update the documentation on the Wiki to reflect the changes. You don't need to make any other changes other than the one listed above. Look for more CinemaVision content in the very near future. We've just released the Star Trek: Golden Era set for Leitmotif.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Hi Giftie,
I have been using the Cinema add on for movie nights for over a year now. My family and I really enjoy it!

Unfortunately it has stopped working for some reason. I try to run it and nothing happens at all. Here is my log file. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=162657
(2014-03-31, 02:21)kirk9225 Wrote: Hi Giftie,
I have been using the Cinema add on for movie nights for over a year now. My family and I really enjoy it!

Unfortunately it has stopped working for some reason. I try to run it and nothing happens at all. Here is my log file. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=162657

In the log you posted I don't see any attempt of activating the script. I do see the service section properly running. I also see that you are running version 3.07, 3.10 is available from the Official repo, please update and try again..
(2014-03-29, 18:36)RagnaroktA Wrote: All of you guys who are having issues with only the Stills playing, READ THIS!

To fix this issue: Put all of the sets into the Trivia folder, and remove the Q&A and Stills folders.

I've got a PM in to giftie to see if this is by design or an oversight. If it is by design, I'll update the documentation on the Wiki to reflect the changes. You don't need to make any other changes other than the one listed above. Look for more CinemaVision content in the very near future. We've just released the Star Trek: Golden Era set for Leitmotif.

Thanks for the info, allowed me to set my slides to fail the same way.. The next release has this fixed...

(2014-03-28, 21:57)barcoboy Wrote:
(2014-02-12, 23:58)barcoboy Wrote: Just had a small suggestion for the trivia section that I thought would hopefully be easy enough to implement. I use both trivia "fact" images as well as questions and answers, so depending on how they are randomly chosen, occasionally the last slide will end up being a question that then the answer is not shown. This leaves my guests asking me, "What was the answer to that question?" Big Grin Just wondering if it would be possible to modify Cinema Experience so that the last slide in the trivia is always either a still single image, or an answer slide (ie: not a question or clue slide)?

Hey Giftie... sorry to quote myself, but just wondering what your thoughts were about my suggestion? Sorry if you already replied to this and I missed it. Big Grin

The problem is caused due to the timer that runs the slide show, it currently does not have any logic, it just ends when it is told to.. I'll look into insuring that it doesn't end on a question.
Is there any way to have the trigger sent to ghostscript differentiate between a 2d or 3d movie? I would like to use the normal settings up to then and trigger my globalcache wf2ir to flip on my 3d on the tv at that point.
Quick question.... I can't seem to find this for searching so asking if someone can point me in the right direction... Looking for information on using XBMC and this awesome Cinema Experience with Veralite Z-Wave products. Anyone have any info/blogs/videos on the subject?
  • 242(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24