Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 249(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Hello. I have got XBMC Gotham RC1 and cinema experience 4.0.10 . I have setup cinema experience to play 1 trailer streaming from apple trailers, one audio format video and then the main movie. When I start a movie with cinema experience it goes on item down the list, then the script starts and works just fine. I get the trailer, the audio format video and then the main movie.

But after I stop the current movie, if I try to run again the script to start another movie it doesn't work. It goes from the info page to the list again, but it stays in the current item. It won't go down one item. It wont play a trailer or the movie. The only way to get cinema experience to work again is to exit xbmc and then start it again. Then it will work for one more movie.

Is it a known bug with Gotham or is there something wrong with my setup?
Having exact same issue with Gotham RC1 and cinema experience 4.0.10.

Is 4.0.10 only compatible with older Gotham builds?

EDIT: Sorry just realised the final release of Gotham was out. So have tested 4.0.10 on that as well. Same result, the second time you run it doesn't work. Also, after running CE, when exiting XBMC, it hangs.

Will try and get some logs tomorrow.

Cheers,
Zolt
(2014-05-03, 20:51)kgian Wrote: Hello. I have got XBMC Gotham RC1 and cinema experience 4.0.10 . I have setup cinema experience to play 1 trailer streaming from apple trailers, one audio format video and then the main movie. When I start a movie with cinema experience it goes on item down the list, then the script starts and works just fine. I get the trailer, the audio format video and then the main movie.

But after I stop the current movie, if I try to run again the script to start another movie it doesn't work. It goes from the info page to the list again, but it stays in the current item. It won't go down one item. It wont play a trailer or the movie. The only way to get cinema experience to work again is to exit xbmc and then start it again. Then it will work for one more movie.

Is it a known bug with Gotham or is there something wrong with my setup?

(2014-05-06, 13:51)Zoltrix Wrote: Having exact same issue with Gotham RC1 and cinema experience 4.0.10.

Is 4.0.10 only compatible with older Gotham builds?

EDIT: Sorry just realised the final release of Gotham was out. So have tested 4.0.10 on that as well. Same result, the second time you run it doesn't work. Also, after running CE, when exiting XBMC, it hangs.

Will try and get some logs tomorrow.

Cheers,
Zolt

This has been fixed in the next release.
Hi, just updated to XBMC v13 Gotham and now cinema experience is not working at all. I created a custom home menu item as before,set the default action to Run Program addon>cinema experience 4.0.10. which worked fine with frodo 12.3

Now i go to home menu, click on the cinema experience and absolutely nothing happens, it does not even load the page of movies and ask me to que them,simply nothing.
You run CE from the Movie Information screen or Context Menu, not as a regular add-on.

Highlight the Movie to play, hit "I" on your keyboard and select Cinema Ex to start the script. Only certain skins support CE natively, and those we know about are listed on the Wiki.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Its no longer there in either context menu or from the movie info screen with Aeon Nox 5 & gotham 13.

Also like i said it does work as a regular add on as i described above, its how i been using it with 12.3 & aeon nox 4.Its just no longer working with 13 & nox 5.

Guess i will just roll back to frodo 12.3 & nox4 and keep using it as a regular add on. Maybe Aeon Nox will update later and make it work in 13 like it does 12.3.
(2014-05-07, 01:48)giftie Wrote: This has been fixed in the next release.

Cool. When is the next release due out?
Can't wait for the next release! Thanks for the info.
Hi, i'm running Openelec 4.0 with Aeon MQ 5 skin, and Cinema Experience 4.0.10
When I try to start CE from info screen of a film, i get graphic interface to reboot (not all htpc, I just see black screen with mouse pointer at the center, then XBMC logo an then my home again).
I disabled all feature in CE settings trying to discover the one that cause the problem but I had no luck..
Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196580
Thank you very much for support and congratulations for the great work! Nod
(2014-05-09, 01:23)giraz Wrote: Hi, i'm running Openelec 4.0 with Aeon MQ 5 skin, and Cinema Experience 4.0.10
When I try to start CE from info screen of a film, i get graphic interface to reboot (not all htpc, I just see black screen with mouse pointer at the center, then XBMC logo an then my home again).
I disabled all feature in CE settings trying to discover the one that cause the problem but I had no luck..
Log is here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196580
Thank you very much for support and congratulations for the great work! Nod

The problem only seems to appear with openelec systems. This is fixed in the next release.
@giraz

when i´m at home i could give you a working version or you take the git version that work with openelec
(2014-05-09, 10:48)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giraz

when i´m at home i could give you a working version or you take the git version that work with openelec
Thank you, if you have a link to the git version I can try by my self Smile
(2014-05-09, 12:18)giraz Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 10:48)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giraz

Thank you, if you have a link to the git version I can try by my self Smile

Check the XBMC's wiki for cinema experience and you will find the link to GIT and then grab the Gotham branch
Ok, I felt a bit stupid because I couldn't find any recurrence of "git" neither here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Experience
neither here
https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/wi...ienceIntro.
However googling around I found this: https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema....ree/Gotham
and I installed this last version into my Openelec machine.

Now it works quite well but I have some strange behavior:
I set movie theater intro, coming attraction intro, one trailer from Apple, ratings and audio file, but seems they all play randomly. Playing the same movie many times, sometime I get movie theater intro, sometime I get trailer, and so on..

Ratings file seems to play each time, but I get always "not rated" file. I'm using MPAA rating, how can I ensure my movies are correctly rated?

In addiction I'd like to know how the script choose the audio file if the movie have many audio track in different format.

Thanks in advance.
Any idea when next version of cinema experience is coming?

Will 3D intros like "put on your glasses" be included?

Another question: I'm using an external player for 3d mvc movies.

Will Cinema experience work with this?

Will it do the complete sequence, then only when the 3d movie start, use the external player?
  • 249(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24