Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 252(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-05-26, 06:23)Larbfit Wrote: I am a new XBMC user. Thanks Giftie for all your work on this cool addon. I'm currently running XBMC on my old HP G60 notebook running Windows 7/64. I just setup CE (4.0.7) running Gotham RC1 and using the Confluence skin (modified). I'm having a couple of issues. One is when I run the script from the "cinema" button on the movie info page it goes back to the movie list, shifts right to the next movie, pauses for 10 seconds and then starts normally. This causes some confusion with guests.

The second issue is when the trivia intro ends rather than transitioning smoothly to the trivia slides it abruptly goes back to the movie list for a second or so and then the slides play. (Did I read somewhere in this thread that this was a known issue?)

Does anyone have any thoughts these issues?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=210897

Thanks!

I am not a new XBMC user but a new user of this script. It appears it is not 100% compatible with Gotham if used from the official repo. Currently, there is an updated version within this forum, but you'll have to find it first.

That version can be found in the first post (Wiki Page>>Source Code>>choose "Gotham Branch" from the drop-down>>Download Zip (on the right-hand side).

Unzip the file and place the nested contents to this location on your computer:

Users>>Name>>XBMC>>AppData>>Roaming>>XBMC>>Addons>>script.cinema.experience

Overwrite or replace the contents of the old script and try again. If you still have a problem, I'd suggest trying a different skin.
(2014-05-26, 06:23)Larbfit Wrote: I am a new XBMC user. Thanks Giftie for all your work on this cool addon. I'm currently running XBMC on my old HP G60 notebook running Windows 7/64. I just setup CE (4.0.7) running Gotham RC1 and using the Confluence skin (modified). I'm having a couple of issues. One is when I run the script from the "cinema" button on the movie info page it goes back to the movie list, shifts right to the next movie, pauses for 10 seconds and then starts normally. This causes some confusion with guests.
This is caused by normal XBMC movie queuing. The 10 delay is loading of Trivia slides, in older versions of XBMC, the script displayed a Progress bar, but the was errors causing XBMC to crash(many scripts had this problem) I just removed the progress bar. The developer of the skin you are using can upgrade the script starting method to eliminate this. Post on their message forum, pointing them to the Addon's WiKi - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...e#Movie_ID
Quote:The second issue is when the trivia intro ends rather than transitioning smoothly to the trivia slides it abruptly goes back to the movie list for a second or so and then the slides play. (Did I read somewhere in this thread that this was a known issue?)

Does anyone have any thoughts these issues?
This is not a bug, just how XBMC transitions between windows. This has improved in the next release, it keeps a window open when ever a non video is playing, no more flashing.
Thank you gentlemen for your quick reply...
Currently on ver.4.0.10 but cant get the triva slides to load, it skips straight to the 3 random slide outro videos and skips the 5mins I have slides setup so trailers can download. Any ideas?
Giftie, thanks for your awesome work wit this add-on. I wanted to ask whether you could consider adding an extra item to the Cinema Experience. I very much like also what the add-on VideoExtras is doing helping us organizing and watching the extra videos related to the main movie/TV show or music video, and I was wondering if you could include triggering VideoExtras script as part of an optional item within Cinema Experience, if both add-ons happened to be installed?

Thanks, Lola.
Everyone using 3D, how does your system go about switching from 2D to 3D? I've been trying to use a trick in my 3D intro but it's not been working. Curious what others are using or simply suffering 4-5 seconds waiting for the auto-switch/grabbing your remote.
Guys is there any tutorial on how to use the enable script toggles in the settings? There are to many of those in there and i dont know what are they for.
Thanks!
(2014-06-03, 10:25)iceman600 Wrote: Guys is there any tutorial on how to use the enable script toggles in the settings? There are to many of those in there and i dont know what are they for.
Thanks!

Check the wiki on the front page. It will tell you the sequence of events.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
(2014-05-29, 07:57)Batiatus Wrote: Everyone using 3D, how does your system go about switching from 2D to 3D? I've been trying to use a trick in my 3D intro but it's not been working. Curious what others are using or simply suffering 4-5 seconds waiting for the auto-switch/grabbing your remote.
I have programmed Harmony One to enable 3D .. so not an automated solution but otherwise 1 click . if there is somehow someone with a script that automates this as well.. well then that would be awesome .. we have to wait for someone to come up and show us all !
(2014-06-07, 03:05)shaktoo Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 07:57)Batiatus Wrote: Everyone using 3D, how does your system go about switching from 2D to 3D? I've been trying to use a trick in my 3D intro but it's not been working. Curious what others are using or simply suffering 4-5 seconds waiting for the auto-switch/grabbing your remote.
I have programmed Harmony One to enable 3D .. so not an automated solution but otherwise 1 click . if there is somehow someone with a script that automates this as well.. well then that would be awesome .. we have to wait for someone to come up and show us all !

My TV will auto-switch but it takes 4-5 seconds to 'review' the video first before switching. I've tried some things to try and trick the TV to switching before anything of actual importance plays but they don't seem to be working. Sucks for now. I'd alos LOVE to eliminate the XBMC on screen notification showing you it's changed 3D modes. That's annoying and distracting when not needed.
Hmm Batiatus are you talking about xbmc switching to 3d mode ? as you state your TV changes mode automatically ( great I am exploring if my LG could do the same.. Maybe its not happening cause the 3D stereoscopic setting for my Nvidia card is not set up .. gotta try that today ) otherwise in xbmc setting ( in expert mode) you can set xbmc to change into 3d mode automatically when 3d media is played . You can also define whether you have any deafult 3D setting ( like for me I prefer 3D SBS ) and then xbmc would go into that mde straight away .. in this mode all GUI is compatible.
No I've got XBMC switching 3D mode automatically. That part was easy (sort of). It's getting my TV to trigger the correct 3D mode with little/no distraction to the audience during playback. Right now it takes 4-5 seconds of HSBS video playback for my TV to analyze and trigger 3D mode. When CE goes from the Coming Attractions Outro video to the 3D Intro video I'd love to be able to signal the TV to change to 3D mode even if it's a 4-5 second blank display. I've tried a few 3D videos that aren't distracting to get it to trigger but they won't work. It always runs 4-5 seconds into my main 3D intro video before the TV will switch and that's distracting.

I'd also LOVE to disable the 3D format setting pop-up display XBMC brings up each time it switches 3D mode. It's handy for testing but during a CE playback it's also a needless distraction. So far no one has been able to answer that question for me and I'm sure it's likely just editing a line of code someplace.
Does 'Movie Quiz' script no longer work with this plugin in Gotham? I do have it installed and it works when I run it manually. Using Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 skin.
Is there any way change the default play action in XBMC to be the Cinema play option from CinemaExperience?
(2014-06-15, 21:44)sl4ppy Wrote: Is there any way change the default play action in XBMC to be the Cinema play option from CinemaExperience?

You can Go into the Cinema Experience Addon settings, Miscellaneous-> Override Play button. However it doesn't work on some systems. Worth trying though.
  • 252(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24