Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 33(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
giftie Wrote:Could you post your xbmc.log file(use pastebin or something similar). Changing m2ts to avi shouldn't really do anything different, as the same internal player is used. Have you tried playing the videos that you use from the File Manager?

I finally got it fixed. I had to re-encode the videos into another format and then the revo was able to play them. It was having problems playing them when DXVA2 was enabled, but now its working perfectly.
Hi all, need help with the following. I am using the Aeon MQ 2 skin (Ubuntu 10.10 + Dharma) and just before the streaming trailers begin it says "Buffering" on the screen. How do I prevent "Buffering" from coming up on the screen? I'd like the intros and trailers to be completely seamless until the movie starts, but the "Buffering" status that appears for a couple of seconds takes away from the Cinema Experience.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Hi all, need help with the following. I am using the Aeon MQ 2 skin (Ubuntu 10.10 + Dharma) and just before the streaming trailers begin it says "Buffering" on the screen. How do I prevent "Buffering" from coming up on the screen? I'd like the intros and trailers to be completely seamless until the movie starts, but the "Buffering" status that appears for a couple of seconds takes away from the Cinema Experience.

What type of internet connection do you have. I would suggest at least a 6mb connection to stream the trailers. You could also specify standard def trailers in the addon settings, that might help. The other option is to download trailers and play them locally.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:What type of internet connection do you have. I would suggest at least a 6mb connection to stream the trailers. You could also specify standard def trailers in the addon settings, that might help. The other option is to download trailers and play them locally.
I have a 25 Mbps connection.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Well, I'm bashing my head off my keyboard at the moment. I have been unable to get this work for the last three days or so.

I'm using Transparency 3.11.1, I've enable HTE under Settings > Skin > Scripts, I've structured my slides and video, and.... Nothing. I can launch it from Programs and it does everything except play a video, but in my movies there is no Theater button. It's starting to get to me, I've read pretty much every page on here, and seem to be doing circles right now, to no avail.

Any one no of anything I may be missing?
If you have the CE installed and configured then you will find the Cinema Experience button on the info of each movie.

t_buzz Wrote:Well, I'm bashing my head off my keyboard at the moment. I have been unable to get this work for the last three days or so.

I'm using Transparency 3.11.1, I've enable HTE under Settings > Skin > Scripts, I've structured my slides and video, and.... Nothing. I can launch it from Programs and it does everything except play a video, but in my movies there is no Theater button. It's starting to get to me, I've read pretty much every page on here, and seem to be doing circles right now, to no avail.

Any one no of anything I may be missing?
Try it using the Aeon MQ 2 skin. That one works for me whereas I've had problems with the others.
Harro Wrote:If you have the CE installed and configured then you will find the Cinema Experience button on the info of each movie.

Wow. Just wow. I've all but thrown stuff at this point, and it's literally right there in front of me. I'm in your debt.

Also, one other question, maybe someone knows. As for as setting up a playlist or queue for my movies and having CE run with it, with an intermission video or something, would that be possible?
t_buzz Wrote:Also, one other question, maybe someone knows. As for as setting up a playlist or queue for my movies and having CE run with it, with an intermission video or something, would that be possible?

At the moment the script is not capable of doing that. Nothing quick and simple or automatic. In Settings you could set the Feature Presentation Outro to an intermission video and the Movie Theatre Outro to a Second movie. This would give the appearance of a Double Feature(though the second is preplanned.

Hmmmm... This does give me an idea... Hmmm....
Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to run the Script automatically everytime I watch a movie with the "Play" button in Aeon MQ 2.
For now I have to enter the information page and select the Cinema Exprerience button.

I just want to push the play button and enjoy this great feature automatically.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to run the Script automatically everytime I watch a movie with the "Play" button in Aeon MQ 2.
For now I have to enter the information page and select the Cinema Exprerience button.

I just want to push the play button and enjoy this great feature automatically.

See this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=687...stcount=15
It isn't possible without modifying xbmc itself.
it is possible if u hack the skin though, instead of playing the movie ur play the script
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
Ilia Wrote:it is possible if u hack the skin though, instead of playing the movie ur play the script

No it isn't possible unfortunately, not for the default play action. You can make the play button in the video info window launch the script but just pressing enter on the video can't be made to launch the script without modifying xbmc itself. Unless something has changed that I wasn't aware of in XBMC skinning...
What about shortcuts?
Is it possible to apply a special key that launches the script?

So, we could assign a Key to a remote that sends a "Launch the script"-Shortcut / Key

---
Edit:

Harro Wrote:So something that would trigger the CE from the library view to play movie. Correct.

I have been playing around with it also, Will let you know what I come up with.

So you can open up the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps and make a copy of the keyboard.xml

then find a key you would like to use, example
Code:
<k>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</k>

Now when hitting the k button in library view of any movie the CE will start before hand. If you use a remote you may need to find a key that also will work on the remote.
Example would be the play <p>Play</p>
changing that to
Code:
<p>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</p>

but that in turn would make the CE start before anything you play...TV, Music & Movies, so pick another key that you dont use but can use for a remote. Hope that makes sense.

I will give that I try, thanks Harro!
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24