Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 35(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
hi,

did somebody have a stereo-trailer (like the dts-trailers on semonworld)?
Just got this set up yesterday with Alaska Revisited and wanted to pop in to say thanks for all the work getting this going again. I've tested trivia (a mix of Q&A and single still slides), audio codec vids, streaming trailers and a feature presentation intro video and so far it's working great.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case I can help answer questions or whatever, and will continue to test more features as I get to them.

One quick question, I need to scan through the thread, because maybe I missed it, but does anyone have a good collection of MPAA rating vids?

edit: nevermind, just found the ratings vids.

Thanks again - this script really takes XBMC to that next level!
ijourneaux Wrote:Let me know if there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot. It seems that after I use HCE, the XBMC becomes somewhat unstable. The family uses HCE alot so it is hard to isolate the exact cause. XBMC can stay up for days at a time without a system reboot.

A couple of days ago after watching a movie via HCE, XBMC with the BackRow SVN skin started acting funny. Some of the text for the menu items was (i.e. Recently added and the menu choice to the left of it and the Home Cinema button itself) missing. When I went to shutdown XBMC, if didn't shut down cleanly and the XBMC shutdown screen stayed up. I was unable to take control of the computer and ended up having to reboot.

This morning, XBMC was skinned with Confluence even though BackRow SVN was selected. RackRow SVN was nolonger listed as an enabled skin. I had to re enable it to get the skin to appear again.

I jsut reviewed the log and it looks like this time XBMC was restarted and HCE wasn't used. I still don't understand why Confluence skin was being displayed.

http://pastebin.com/mtXjFWXL

I came home just now, turned on my tv and XBMC was also skinned in Confluence, even though I use Transperency! A strange thing happened...

LoL.. I just checked my xbmc.log and found that my addons updated(including Transperency and Back Row SVN) I know XBMC switches to Confluence if the skin in use is being updated. Funny thing is I thought I turned AutoUpdate off(it was on when I checked just now)

Do you have Auto Update enabled in your Settings -> Addons?
MidnightWatcher Wrote:I had a few instances where the initial intro would play, but would skip the "coming attractions" intro and movie trailers, and instead go right into the "feature presentation" intro and movie.

Question - would it be possible to update Cinema Experience to optionally choose a Youtube HD video instead of one stored locally for any of the intros?

If this happens again, can you post your xbmc.log file to pastebin.. It would really help chasing down these random gremlins.....

Personally I really dislike streaming videos from a site, even with the fastest internet XBMC still seems to display the Buffering window before a stream(really breaks the flow, even if it is a few milliseconds)
giftie Wrote:If this happens again, can you post your xbmc.log file to pastebin.. It would really help chasing down these random gremlins.....

Personally I really dislike streaming videos from a site, even with the fastest internet XBMC still seems to display the Buffering window before a stream(really breaks the flow, even if it is a few milliseconds)
Will do.

As for the "Buffering" window, I never seem to see this when streaming Apple trailers now that I've switched to the "Neon" skin.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
giftie Wrote:I came home just now, turned on my tv and XBMC was also skinned in Confluence, even though I use Transperency! A strange thing happened...

LoL.. I just checked my xbmc.log and found that my addons updated(including Transperency and Back Row SVN) I know XBMC switches to Confluence if the skin in use is being updated. Funny thing is I thought I turned AutoUpdate off(it was on when I checked just now)

Do you have Auto Update enabled in your Settings -> Addons?

Yep! that is what it is.
Question for you users...

I'm looking at modifying the script to handle Double, Triple and more features(ie two+ movies instead of 1) with intermission videos in between movies. As I am working, I was wondering about the limit of the number of Features. I was thinking 5 to follow the rest of the script. Another question. How would you like to set the number of of features, in settings or when the script first starts?

I'm also going to to be asking the skin developers for a little help, as the idea is to have a button on the home window that activated the script. The script will then open your video library. Then all you will have to do is queue up the videos you want as features(the number '0'(zero) on the remote queues the playlist). Then when you have selected enough movies(matching your selected number of features) the script then does it's normal job an organizing the videos, slides and music.

So what do you think?
giftie Wrote:Question for you users...

I'm looking at modifying the script to handle Double, Triple and more features(ie two+ movies instead of 1) with intermission videos in between movies. As I am working, I was wondering about the limit of the number of Features. I was thinking 5 to follow the rest of the script. Another question. How would you like to set the number of of features, in settings or when the script first starts?

I'm also going to to be asking the skin developers for a little help, as the idea is to have a button on the home window that activated the script. The script will then open your video library. Then all you will have to do is queue up the videos you want as features(the number '0'(zero) on the remote queues the playlist). Then when you have selected enough movies(matching your selected number of features) the script then does it's normal job an organizing the videos, slides and music.

So what do you think?

Makes sense. Seems like functionality that would be used rarely, but would be absolutely awesome when it is. Play an intermission video for a trip to the snack bar and maybe another round of trivia slides while people relax a bit before the next movie. Good stuff.

That actually reminds me of a feature request I had: slide selection based on genre of the feature presentation. I think slide ratings to keep the scary stuff away from kids is "up to and including" the specified rating so you might see Pixar slides before Bourne Identity or whatever, but not the other way around. It would be really cool to specify the genre of the slides so that when you queue up a few Alien movies you'll see random sci-fi slides, etc.

I'm sure it's complicated since movies (and potentially slides) can have multiple genres but it would sure be nice.
giftie Wrote:Question for you users...

So what do you think?

I think that would be great, maybe if up to 5 videos playing at the order you select and then after each movie it goes back to the trivia and trailers but for when it gets to the last movie maybe have the option of repeating the list.
I reckon 6 movies, because there are 6 star wars movies.
cosmicr Wrote:I reckon 6 movies, because there are 6 star wars movies.

good call i agree
Make it 7. The number of completion. Smile
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
MidnightWatcher Wrote:Make it 7. The number of completion. Smile

or maybe 10 for movies with the most amount of sequels
commoman81 Wrote:or maybe 10 for movies with the most amount of sequels

Lol.. Well then that should be 11 - Star Trek(though not all sequels.. Smile...

Lol, maybe I should just make it 12(as the max)
Giftie

Is it possible that the shuffle command used to randomize the trivia and trailers doesn't do a very good job of randomizing. It seem like the same trailers and trivia keep shwoing up

Take Care
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24