Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 85(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
How that? I have it all on my screenHuh??

http://pastebin.com/iRvJCyYP
markimark Wrote:How that? I have it all on my screenHuh??

the path is different now... (the other one was all in caps)

Now it shows.. Smile

I'll check it out...
markimark Wrote:How that? I have it all on my screenHuh??

Your system is hanging like others have reported, One that I can rarely reproduce.

If you feel confident in changing some code(just adding two characters) to one of the scripts files, you can test to see if it helps.

The changes need to be done:

in file script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/scrapers/amt_current/scraper.py

line 110 needs a ? added before the '|'(pipe).
Code:
poster += "|User-Agent=%s" % ( urllib.quote_plus( __useragent__ ), )

will become:
Code:
poster += "?|User-Agent=%s" % ( urllib.quote_plus( __useragent__ ), )

line 117 needs the same change:
Code:
trailer += "|User-Agent=%s" % ( urllib.quote_plus( __useragent__ ), )

will become:
Code:
trailer += "?|User-Agent=%s" % ( urllib.quote_plus( __useragent__ ), )

If you do change this and it works, I'll make the changes in the script and have a new version up soon.
Thanks for the solution. I will try but can´t do before tomorrow. I´ll let you know.
...despite of what I said, I already made the 2 tiny changes but they did not do well. Now it all is acting even more strange.

From MOVIE Section
I press "I" and from the movie info panel I chose "Start with Cinema Experience".
Then the info panel is closing and the info panel from the showcase view is showing up and my intro trailer starts playing in that preview window that usually is showing the official movie trailer. After my intro trailer was played nothing else happens.

From CINEMA Section
I deactivated the Queue Feature in the settings. I press "I" and from the movie info panel "Start with cinema Experience". Nothing happens! After I did the procedure again the Showview Info Panel pops down and my intro trailer is playing in the official movie Trailer preview window. After it is finished, nothing else happens.

All very strange. It was working like a charme before Aeon MQ2 came up with all the updates and before that Queue Feature was added to the Cinema Experience. I was very happy with how it was working. Now it is all messed up. any other idea how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.
markimark Wrote:...despite of what I said, I already made the 2 tiny changes but they did not do well. Now it all is acting even more strange.

From MOVIE Section
I press "I" and from the movie info panel I chose "Start with Cinema Experience".
Then the info panel is closing and the info panel from the showcase view is showing up and my intro trailer starts playing in that preview window that usually is showing the official movie trailer. After my intro trailer was played nothing else happens.

Have you tried a different view? though the original problem may still exist

Quote:From CINEMA Section
I deactivated the Queue Feature in the settings. I press "I" and from the movie info panel "Start with cinema Experience". Nothing happens! After I did the procedure again the Showview Info Panel pops down and my intro trailer is playing in the official movie Trailer preview window. After it is finished, nothing else happens.

Deactivated the Queue Feature in the settings? In Cinema Experience? That only disables the notification window('Press Q or 0') it would still be waiting for a movie to be queue. With going into Info and selecting 'Start with Cinema Experience' should actually stop the script(at least that's should happen).

Quote:All very strange. It was working like a charme before Aeon MQ2 came up with all the updates and before that Queue Feature was added to the Cinema Experience. I was very happy with how it was working. Now it is all messed up. any other idea how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

I'm going to test Aeon MQ2 on my system an see if it also behaves similarly.
Hey giftie

thanks for your continued work on this. I can imagine its not very fun:/

I made your changes above, and behaviour stayed the same for me.
(Im using confluence). Here's a debug:

http://pastebin.com/cZm6f9HS

I don't know if anything besides exiting xbmc and re-entering was needed, but thats all I did so if the script is somehow compiled I did not force it to be so.

Im running in portable mode, anyone else?
Actually the entire Queue Feature is what I never wanted. I remember a discussuion about it weeks ago. Noone liked it, including me and you did something that we can use it "the old way" but obvisiouly that old way is not supported anymore, right? All I want is to call the movie info panel and start my movie from there with the Cinema Experience.

The Queue Feature does not work with my wireless keyboard and not with my Harmony. I think that using the Cinema Experience should be as easy as hitting a start button. Dont you think so?

Still thankful for any other help to get it working again.
markimark Wrote:Actually the entire Queue Feature is what I never wanted. I remember a discussuion about it weeks ago. Noone liked it, including me and you did something that we can use it "the old way" but obvisiouly that old way is not supported anymore, right? All I want is to call the movie info panel and start my movie from there with the Cinema Experience.

The Queue Feature does not work with my wireless keyboard and not with my Harmony. I think that using the Cinema Experience should be as easy as hitting a start button. Dont you think so?

Still thankful for any other help to get it working again.

Wow....

The "oldway" starting from the Info screen went back into the script back I think 1.0.31(when people showed their confusion with the Queue Method) and has never left. Skins like Aeon MQ2, Transperency, Night(and others) have added support to having the script use the Queue feature(That's the reason for the Cinema Button on Aeon MQ2 - from Movies you use the 'Start with Cinema Experience' from Cinema you Queue the movies so they can be played in order with Cinema Experience around them)

The Problem that is happening is not the script. XBMC is having a problem streaming the trailers if a local video is placed before it in a playlist. Try removing any video's before the trailers and see if the trailers start again. Whether or not the error is coming from Apple Movie Trailers(not wanting to stream to XBMC) the script not providing the necessary work around for XBMC to stream from Apple Movie Trailers, or the is an error in XBMC(which I have submitted a ticket for) that causes lockups/hangups/crashes with local and streamed videos in the playlist.

The problem with 'hitting the Start button' the script needs to queue movie(s) in order for it to function(thats how it knows what movie you want) The mapping of keys(or buttons) is fixed from when XBMC starts, with out a provision(at the moment) for an addon to override the keys(or buttons). I would love to have it where you press the Select/Ok or even the play button to 'Start' the script, but for the moment the best I have been able is the using the built in Queuing function(Q on a keyboard, Zero on a remote, or even the Queue from the context menu.

Regarding the Queue from your keyboard or remote, something does not seem to be properly mapped(in XBMC or EventGhost(i think))
bluenote Wrote:Hey giftie

thanks for your continued work on this. I can imagine its not very fun:/

I made your changes above, and behaviour stayed the same for me.
(Im using confluence). Here's a debug:

http://pastebin.com/cZm6f9HS

I don't know if anything besides exiting xbmc and re-entering was needed, but thats all I did so if the script is somehow compiled I did not force it to be so.

Im running in portable mode, anyone else?

I was going to make a note for you not to try Smile I knew you would... I was hoping that it would have helped markimark so I could make it and some other changes.. The strangest part is that it works fine with out a local video before the streamed trailer...

Frustrating...

At least I can get my system(Linux running a daily compiled XBMC) to semi-constantly give me the same error that has been popping up

Code:
Error trying to retrieve an item that's out of range

Though it crashes my system instead of hanging... I have submitted a trac ticket regarding this oddity, as I can't find a fault in the script programming that would cause it. Hopefully something will come about shortly, either a solution or a work around. Removing the local videos before the streamed trailers seems to be the only method to using streamed trailers. Local trailers should work fine still(did earlier today)
Thank you for the detailed explanation but all I get out of it all is that the script is now useless for me. I did not want it for the apple trailer, I just wanted my own intro video before every movie and that is not working anymore because it just stopps after playing and the movie does not start.

Also, before I made those little changes yesterday I could at least view my intro video full screen but after the changes all happens only in that little trailer preview player that is included in that movie info panel.

Actually I do not know what I can make out of what I have right now. Removing my intro video just to see the apple trailer? Actually I am not interested in it. Removing the apple trailer feature from the setting? Would that make sense to play my intro and the movie afterwards?

Trying to fix my key mapping? I checked the mapping file already. I can see q = queue on it. I don´t know why nothing happens if I press q if the Queue Feature Window pops up.

So many questions, so little answers.

Maybe it all will work one day again.

Cheers.
giftie,

I may have completely misunderstood the whole "home automation" thing here. But I'm interested in implementing this into my theater room.

it's to my understanding that when i enable Home Automation in the HCE script and enable some events... Theoretically when those ''stages'' are reached HCE should sound a unique event, right??

why is it that Eventghost does not log any of these events?? is there something im missing/need to configure manually, or should the events simply show up in evenghost when enabled??

or have i got this all wrong?
lol

please help, this is rather frustrating... There's no detailed info/how-to.

Thanks in advance,
loggio.
Will you try to fix the script? I managed to have my intro video working by deactivating the apple trailer completely. I just thought it is the main idea behind the script to have both, your personal intro video AND some official movie trailer, right?
markimark Wrote:Will you try to fix the script? I managed to have my intro video working by deactivating the apple trailer completely. I just thought it is the main idea behind the script to have both, your personal intro video AND some official movie trailer, right?

With regards of streamed trailers not working after a local video - the script is not causing the problem... If the script was forming the URL for the trailer incorrectly it would not work when that local video was removed. Honestly, the script actually has ended when the Video Hanging happens, in all the cases(including yours).

So I guess for the time being, since local video -> streamed video is not functioning in a playlist, you have the following options, until it is fixed - or a work around is figured out...

Option 1:

Use a Movie Theatre Intro Video, No streamed trailers

Option 2:

No Trivia Outro, Movie Theatre Intro, or Coming Attraction Intro Videos and have streamed trailers

Option 3:

Use Trivia, have any/all Intro videos, use download trailers - Note Trivia is needed to give script time to download trailers

Option 4:

Have any/all Intro videos, use Local trailers(not XBMC Database - unless you have '-trailer' files for your movies)

Also. YES, if there is a problem with the script, I will fix it...
Hi giftie,

thanks for the info. I am moving forward to fix the situation to keep the "old" performance as best as I can.

I don´t like the download trailer thing so much because of the trivia it will need and it would be still unsure if the trivia always is enough to cover the download time.

I set up my personal intro plus a feature presentation that is linked to a trailer folder to random chose 2 trailers from. What I would like to ask you is, do know a good way for me to download those trailers in a format your script can use? I have no clou at all where and how to get those trailers from. Can you help me?

Cheers.
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24