Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 87(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
someonenice Wrote:Mine also does this - I'm also using Aeon MQ2 on a Windows box. :confused2:

Me too...also using latest Aeon MQ2 on Windows.
Thanks for the catch on the error with the playback order.. Have it fixed in the source, waiting on a few more changes before I release a new version...
Question 
giftie Wrote:I don't think the Movie Quiz script has been updated yet... You should be able to download a working copy from his Git repo, then it will be fully functioning..

The only trivia working right now(if your not using a development copy of Movie Quiz) is the Slide Show.

I think twinther is hoping to get an updated version out this week... It works well..

Latest version is ready for your integration, think you could help us out?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=778...tcount=100
someonenice Wrote:Latest version is ready for your integration, think you could help us out?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=778...tcount=100

It is already integrated... In settings change the Trivia Mode to Movie Quiz and things should work.

If not be sure to post a Debug log to pastebin. It does work in the latest source and it is one spot I was sure to stay away from.

Thanks...
Hi giftie,

I have my movie room automated now. It's amazing. Lights flash when trivia starts, and stay on. They dim to 30% w/ trailers. They flash again during "audio video" to let my wife know that the movie is starting (she's usually getting food or something, not a fan of trailers) and lights turn off. When paused, lights come on, when resumed they turn back off. I need to get another module to turn the fish tank's filter off, it can get quite noisy :-)

I do encounter a problem with the script that is intermittent though. Sometimes (about 30% of the time, but I have not noticed a trend) at the end of the first trailer, playback hangs on the last frame, xbmc appears to be frozen. Pressing escape returns to the library.

Here's a log from when it happened: http://pastebin.ca/2056543
Inception Slides

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W6BPNXIY
aptalca,

it'll be a while yet before i implement this into my surroundings, but i got it all working now so that when i want to do it, i'll be able to get it working straight away.

What lighting system are you using? and how do the lights talk to Eventghost?

would you want to take a small video of this in action?? would love to see Smile

cheers,
loggio
aptalca Wrote:Hi giftie,

I have my movie room automated now. It's amazing. Lights flash when trivia starts, and stay on. They dim to 30% w/ trailers. They flash again during "audio video" to let my wife know that the movie is starting (she's usually getting food or something, not a fan of trailers) and lights turn off. When paused, lights come on, when resumed they turn back off. I need to get another module to turn the fish tank's filter off, it can get quite noisy :-)

I do encounter a problem with the script that is intermittent though. Sometimes (about 30% of the time, but I have not noticed a trend) at the end of the first trailer, playback hangs on the last frame, xbmc appears to be frozen. Pressing escape returns to the library.

Brilliant! Can you share additional details? I've got a Grafik Eye IR dimmer I'd love to integrate but I'm not clear on the architecture I'll need. I'm assuming I'll need an IR blaster and some S/W interface (eventghost?) to allow the CE script to trigger sending of the proper signals.

Any additional info you can provide would be much appreciated!
aptalca Wrote:Hi giftie,

I'm glad you got the lights working nicely.. One thing I noticed while I checked some of my own logs, is that the paused/resume actions may get triggered during trailer streaming. This is due to how the script determines if the user paused, it takes the time from the video, waits for a second and compares the new time with the old, if they match the video is paused, if not it is playing. Sometimes streams take a couple of seconds to buffer and this may cause(doesn't always) the script to send the pause/resume actions. To over come this you can always use the normal play/pause events from XBMC that shows up in EventGhost(should be able to nest a macro that is triggered by the 'script_start'/'script_end' actions.)

Also I just checked over your log and notice the dreadful error - 'Error trying to retrieve an item that's out of range' that has been plaguing other users. I have still not found a reason for this error or a solution to it yet.
Juanflaco Wrote:Brilliant! Can you share additional details? I've got a Grafik Eye IR dimmer I'd love to integrate but I'm not clear on the architecture I'll need. I'm assuming I'll need an IR blaster and some S/W interface (eventghost?) to allow the CE script to trigger sending of the proper signals.

Any additional info you can provide would be much appreciated!

You can check out EventGhost here: http://www.eventghost.net/
loggio Wrote:What lighting system are you using? and how do the lights talk to Eventghost?

I didn't want to hijack the CE thread, so I wrote a little guide that serves as an intro to home automation:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101300
giftie Wrote:You can check out EventGhost here: http://www.eventghost.net/

Terrific, thanks. Looks like EventGhost with the USB-UIRT device will do the trick.
giftie Wrote:the paused/resume actions may get triggered during trailer streaming. . . . (should be able to nest a macro that is triggered by the 'script_start'/'script_end' actions.)

That is just what I did. In eventghost I put the pause and resume macros under a folder. And that folder gets enabled and disabled with 'script_start' / 'script_end' actions. Big Grin

giftie Wrote:Also I just checked over your log and notice the dreadful error - 'Error trying to retrieve an item that's out of range' that has been plaguing other users. I have still not found a reason for this error or a solution to it yet.

Bummer. I hope you figure it out.

When I have guests over, I am skipping the trailers manually right before they end to prevent it from happening. It's crude, but it works.
Will someone please help me?

I just installed Cinema Experience and Apple Trailers Lite. I have disabled all options (Trivia, Intro Videos, etc) within CE except for the Movie Trailers. Within the Movie Trailer options I have the following settings:

Movie Trailers - 3
Coming Attractions Intro - None
Coming Attractions Outro - None
Trailer Scraper - Apple Movie Trailers (Newest)
Trailer Play Mode - Stream
Preferred Trailer Quality - Standard

All other options are disabled within the settings.

From the home menu, under Movies, I select Cinema from the submenu. I am then taken to my movies and the instructions say to press Q to queue the movie. I press Q when selecting a Movie and I get a message that the movie is Loading Please Wait. Then the movie starts playing.

I get no trailers played at all for any movie I queue up. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here? For what it is worth, I am using the Aeon NOX skin.
Griff1324 Wrote:Will someone please help me?

I just installed Cinema Experience and Apple Trailers Lite. I have disabled all options (Trivia, Intro Videos, etc) within CE except for the Movie Trailers. Within the Movie Trailer options I have the following settings:

Movie Trailers - 3
Coming Attractions Intro - None
Coming Attractions Outro - None
Trailer Scraper - Apple Movie Trailers (Newest)
Trailer Play Mode - Stream
Preferred Trailer Quality - Standard

All other options are disabled within the settings.

From the home menu, under Movies, I select Cinema from the submenu. I am then taken to my movies and the instructions say to press Q to queue the movie. I press Q when selecting a Movie and I get a message that the movie is Loading Please Wait. Then the movie starts playing.

I get no trailers played at all for any movie I queue up. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here? For what it is worth, I am using the Aeon NOX skin.

Could you post a debug log to pastebin(.ca or .com) thanks
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24