Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 88(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
updated to natty yesterday but the cinema experience script causes xbmc to freeze.
when i disable the script everything works normal.
what can i do to get it working again? i really love this script!
aptalca Wrote:Hi giftie,

I have my movie room automated now. It's amazing. Lights flash when trivia starts, and stay on. They dim to 30% w/ trailers. They flash again during "audio video" to let my wife know that the movie is starting (she's usually getting food or something, not a fan of trailers) and lights turn off. When paused, lights come on, when resumed they turn back off. I need to get another module to turn the fish tank's filter off, it can get quite noisy :-)

I do encounter a problem with the script that is intermittent though. Sometimes (about 30% of the time, but I have not noticed a trend) at the end of the first trailer, playback hangs on the last frame, xbmc appears to be frozen. Pressing escape returns to the library.

Here's a log from when it happened: http://pastebin.ca/2056543

Aptalca - If I can be so bold to ask, could you do a brief overview of what your set up is for home automation? I've never had this but would like and don't really have a clue where to start. Any help you can give / offer would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Andy
freggy Wrote:updated to natty yesterday but the cinema experience script causes xbmc to freeze.
when i disable the script everything works normal.
what can i do to get it working again? i really love this script!

Please post a debug log to Pastebin(.ca or .com) and then I can help you...
andrewf Wrote:Aptalca - If I can be so bold to ask, could you do a brief overview of what your set up is for home automation? I've never had this but would like and don't really have a clue where to start. Any help you can give / offer would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Andy

He put together a nice guide and linked it earlier: here it is.
Juanflaco Wrote:He put together a nice guide and linked it earlier: here it is.

First off thanks

Second off whoops for missing it
aussieburger Wrote:Wish I knew how I managed to get it working again exactly to help everyone out. My latest theory on what might have fixed it for me, if someone wanted to try, was pressing the 'Defaults' button in the cinema movie experience settings then configuring it all again from scratch, then restarting XBMC.

My guess why this might work is some of the newer cinema experience settings not being set properly with the normal update so by setting back to default they are set correctly?

EDIT: actually I did manage to break it again somehow by looking into the Cimena Experience settings. So I tried what I wrote above and it worked again! (the restart of XBMC being needed, it did not work when I tried without the restart).

When you say you managed to break it again, was it intentional or by accident? Smile Is it still working, because streaming with the other options is ideal for my setup!
I managed to really break it this time, in particular the "only play unwatched trailers" setting! I noticed that for some movies I was getting the freeze before trailer bug and other movies not - but always the same movies (eg: 'Where the Wild Things Are' would always work whereas '$9.99' would not), which led me to think the problem might be related to a combination of the 'limit trailer by genre' and 'only show unwatched trailers' settings I had enabled. Disabling these settings and trailers worked again for all the movies I tested. However to be sure I went and enabled them again and now whenever "only play unwatched trailers" is selected both the coming soon single vid and trailers are skipped. I have the pastebin logs below:

Debug log when pressing Cinema Experience button under Movie information:
http://pastebin.com/rv9CQVRx
* Note no coming soon vid and no trailers were shown yet here is the screenshot of my settings at the time:

Debug log when pressing 'Reset Watched Trailers' in Cinema Experience settings:
http://pastebin.com/PCXCmNCk
Something going wrong there??

Sucks as now I always see the same trailers if I have that option off Sad

fional Wrote:When you say you managed to break it again, was it intentional or by accident? Smile Is it still working, because streaming with the other options is ideal for my setup!

accident however my latest thoughts is it is somehow related to the genre and unwatched settings as it would not work for a few movies however work all the time for others ...
aussieburger Wrote:accident however my latest thoughts is it is somehow related to the genre and unwatched settings as it would not work for a few movies however work all the time for others ...

Ah, well sounds like you're maybe getting somewhere at figuring it out. I can't wait to install it and experiment, waiting for my new hardware to come in the post.. Hopefully I can get it working with Aeon Nox Smile
Giftie
Finally getting around to trying out the Home Automation. Great to see it using EventGhost.

Downloaded the latest version of the home_automation.py file and copied to the folder (overwriting the copy that was in the folder).

Unfortunately the script is nolonger working for me.

http://pastebin.com/sGXEnsSY

Maybe I missed one of the steps. I have bene having other XBMC issues so it may be unrelated.

Take Care
ijourneaux Wrote:Giftie
Finally getting around to trying out the Home Automation. Great to see it using EventGhost.

Downloaded the latest version of the home_automation.py file and copied to the folder (overwriting the copy that was in the folder).

Unfortunately the script is nolonger working for me.

http://pastebin.com/sGXEnsSY

Maybe I missed one of the steps. I have bene having other XBMC issues so it may be unrelated.

Take Care

I've seen this before, can't remember what it was. could you run xbmc in debug mode and try again?
I seem to have stopped the crashing after the trailer intro movie by switching movies to "standard" quality instead of 480p and above... as soon as I switch this back I get the problem. All the rest of the settings are pretty much the default.

Sorry havent got log handy, will post when I back on my media centre pc.
Ill try changing trailers to "standard" and see how that goes, as i too am on 480p. Great find if it works :-)

Also, can anyone let me know if its possible to find the adverts that cinemas play just before a movie starts, when it says "The movie is about to begin, but, theres still time to grab a coke" ...etc

I'd love to have this right before the movie begins as it would really set the scene and make the CE feel like we really are in the cinema.

Any ideas where i could get that or something similar?

Thanks in advance,

Paddy Big Grin
dgbittner Wrote:I seem to have stopped the crashing after the trailer intro movie by switching movies to "standard" quality instead of 480p and above... as soon as I switch this back I get the problem. All the rest of the settings are pretty much the default.

Sorry havent got log handy, will post when I back on my media centre pc.

Just switched to standard and the problem for me still persists... Sad

*** Update***
Weird? It worked this time? The only change i made was i restarted xbmc after changing to standard and its worked...

I have the following:
Theatre intro,
3 trailers from apple,
Feature presentation intro,
Ratings,
Sound
Movie..

The only glitch this time was that it only played 1 trailer? But it worked.. Ill keep trying and feedback my experience. :-)

***Update 2***
Hmm.. Now it wont play any trailers? But still it doesnt crash? Just skips to the next local file its due to play? Hmmm

***Update3***
Back to crashing again? This is just confusing! Changing to standard trailers did do something, but its gone back to normal now i.e Borked...
how does the home automation work on linux since eventghost is windows only?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:how does the home automation work on linux since eventghost is windows only?

This is only one way for things to work, if some one provides me with some detail about their home automation interface I'll help out but figuring out some code.

On another note, most of us have a windows's box around still(as I do) and this method is still valid as long as the windows box is still on the same network as your XBMC system(s)
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24