Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 146(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
haha.......... beautiful it works, just when using the 'Q' after the movie it wont work again can only access it from info, any thoughts ?
thanx
It 'Q' mode only runs once. It needs to be started from the Home Window.

(2012-04-01, 16:49)KoSHuR Wrote: haha.......... beautiful it works, just when using the 'Q' after the movie it wont work again can only access it from info, any thoughts ?
thanx

(2012-04-01, 17:39)giftie Wrote: It 'Q' mode only runs once. It needs to be started from the Home Window.

(2012-04-01, 16:49)KoSHuR Wrote: haha.......... beautiful it works, just when using the 'Q' after the movie it wont work again can only access it from info, any thoughts ?
thanx

still having the same issue, still will only work once, or return to main screen and activate it again
The 'Q' mode only runs once per activation from the Home Window(Main Screen). To get it to run again, you need to go back to home and start it again.

(2012-04-01, 21:22)KoSHuR Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 17:39)giftie Wrote: It 'Q' mode only runs once. It needs to be started from the Home Window.

thanx

still having the same issue, still will only work once, or return to main screen and activate it again

How about old trailers too within a movies genre and or rating?

Another thing Id like to see is a "time machine " mode. basically you click on an old tv show and it plays old commercials before and after the show. Say Im watching the cartoon ninja turtles and it plays commercials before and after it that could of originally aired with the show.. This kinda fits in with my original idea of playing trailers for similiar movies around the same time frame.
Any suggestions for music for trivia? Something chil and relaxed.
Hey giftie

Still loving this app - everything is working now except local trailers. I've been trying all sorts of different options combinations but I just cant get it working.

Here's what I currently have going on:

Trivia
Movie Theater Intro
Feature Presentation
Movie Raitings

Here's my pastebin - http://pastebin.com/2psiNVzU

Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Need a debug log, as the normal log shows very little.

(2012-04-14, 03:07)cult Wrote: Hey giftie

Still loving this app - everything is working now except local trailers. I've been trying all sorts of different options combinations but I just cant get it working.

Trivia
Movie Theater Intro
Feature Presentation
Movie Raitings

(2012-04-14, 03:25)giftie Wrote: Need a debug log, as the normal log shows very little.

Trivia
Movie Theater Intro
Feature Presentation
Movie Raitings

Oops - Sorry about that - Hows this? http://pastebin.com/qCSAYV4K
You have the Limit by MPAA rating turned on for your trailers but the trailers don't seem to have any .nfo files with your trailers(which is needed to determine the MPAA rating)

(2012-04-14, 03:48)cult Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 03:25)giftie Wrote: Need a debug log, as the normal log shows very little.

Trivia
Movie Theater Intro
Feature Presentation
Movie Raitings

(2012-04-14, 03:56)giftie Wrote: You have the Limit by MPAA rating turned on for your trailers but the trailers don't seem to have any .nfo files with your trailers(which is needed to determine the MPAA rating)

(2012-04-14, 03:48)cult Wrote:

Thanks giftie, wow... that actually explains a lot. I always wondered how it pulled trailers, not sure why an .nfo file never occurred to me. Hmmm... well that definately presents a problem then - I have hundreds of trailers in one central directory with no .nfo files. I have been putting all in one directory because it was irritating in XBMC occasionally having the trailer of a movie play before the movie when you clicked play on a folder in file mode in Videos. Not sure what to do now..

Hmm, question on the XBMC Movie Library option under Trailer Scraper, how would that work? Would it read off the video names that were in your library and try to match accordingly? I'm guessing if that was the case the trailer would need to be in the same folder as the movie - would it work if the trailer was in a subfolder (something like \Movie\Trailer\trailer.avi)?
(2012-04-14, 04:15)cult Wrote: Thanks giftie, wow... that actually explains a lot. I always wondered how it pulled trailers, not sure why an .nfo file never occurred to me. Hmmm... well that definately presents a problem then - I have hundreds of trailers in one central directory with no .nfo files. I have been putting all in one directory because it was irritating in XBMC occasionally having the trailer of a movie play before the movie when you clicked play on a folder in file mode in Videos. Not sure what to do now..
You can always turn off the MPAA/genre matching on trailers. Then you can use HD-Trailers.Net Downloader(with the proper setup) to download trailers with valid NFO files.
Quote:Hmm, question on the XBMC Movie Library option under Trailer Scraper, how would that work? Would it read off the video names that were in your library and try to match accordingly? I'm guessing if that was the case the trailer would need to be in the same folder as the movie - would it work if the trailer was in a subfolder (something like \Movie\Trailer\trailer.avi)?
The Movie Library option pulls the trailer info from the database and uses the paths supplied by the XBMC.

(2012-04-14, 05:14)giftie Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 04:15)cult Wrote: Thanks giftie, wow... that actually explains a lot. I always wondered how it pulled trailers, not sure why an .nfo file never occurred to me. Hmmm... well that definately presents a problem then - I have hundreds of trailers in one central directory with no .nfo files. I have been putting all in one directory because it was irritating in XBMC occasionally having the trailer of a movie play before the movie when you clicked play on a folder in file mode in Videos. Not sure what to do now..
You can always turn off the MPAA/genre matching on trailers. Then you can use HD-Trailers.Net Downloader(with the proper setup) to download trailers with valid NFO files.
Quote:Hmm, question on the XBMC Movie Library option under Trailer Scraper, how would that work? Would it read off the video names that were in your library and try to match accordingly? I'm guessing if that was the case the trailer would need to be in the same folder as the movie - would it work if the trailer was in a subfolder (something like \Movie\Trailer\trailer.avi)?
The Movie Library option pulls the trailer info from the database and uses the paths supplied by the XBMC.

Interesting - this made me curious to start digging around in the movie.xml file that's generated using the app that I use for my trailer downloads (Media Center Master). At the very bottom of the XML theres a tag for TrailerURL which is the URL to the YouTube trailer, and there's a LocalTrailer tag which contains the path location to the local trailer it downloads. If its possible, something you might want to consider implementing maybe an option to scan the XBMC library but to pull the trailer from this local path. This might be a good temporary alternative solution too until the devs fix the issues with the streaming videos that some of the others have been talking about. I'm not sure how easy all of this would be to implement, but if something like this possible it might be something to think about.

As always thanks giftie - if every other company in the world had this level of tech support the world would be a much happier place Smile
Hi Giftie.

Just wondering if the issue I was having about a month ago (playing 2 trailers than stopping) has been resolved yet. This issue:

16:11:06 T:2504 ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true
16:11:06 T:2504 NOTICE: thread end: video_thread
16:11:06 T:6856 NOTICE: deleting video codec
16:11:06 T:6856 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting demuxer
16:11:06 T:6856 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Video may have stopped
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Item From Trigger List: Movie Trailer
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Playlist Position: 2 Playlist Size: 5
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - autorefresh_movie: False
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Video Definitely Stopped
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - User might have pressed stop
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Stopping Script
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - messy_exit: False
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Video Playlist Cleared
16:11:06 T:7812 NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Music Playlist Cleared
Hi Giftie, love the concept behind this script, thanks a lot for writing it!

However I'm in the process of getting it setup still, had a few hitches but I figured them out except for this one (very important) issue.

I'm using the Neon skin, since it has built-in support. So I got movie Info > CinemaPlay and it launches my slideshows, trailers, and movie countdown. Then it takes me back to the movie selection screen.

So I'm wondering why it isn't playing the movie? (I'm guessing this has come up before, but I couldn't dig anything up after a short bit of looking)

Also I'm wondering what the minimum requirements with regards to using features of this? (For instance do I need a movie countdown or could I skip out on it?)

Here are my debug logs (Sorry it's in 2 parts pastebin wouldn't accept it in one part)

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/EE28E5nu
Part 2: http://pastebin.com/8amrDkCd
Thanks a lot!
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24