Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 259(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-07-29, 00:13)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: For what it's worth, 4.0.13 is the only stable release for me - dev version or not. All previous iterations simply didn't run at all (or mysteriously messed with my system, like resetting my screensaver options).

4.0.13 fixed all of this.

OpenElec user here.

Where did you get this from?
(2014-08-24, 19:38)FredG89 Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 00:13)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: For what it's worth, 4.0.13 is the only stable release for me - dev version or not. All previous iterations simply didn't run at all (or mysteriously messed with my system, like resetting my screensaver options).

OpenElec user here.

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience

Click the arrow button and choose Gotham, this will bring up 4.0.13
(2014-08-08, 22:59)moravec Wrote:
(2014-08-07, 23:06)moravec Wrote: Hello Giftie

I have to use 4.0.13 because with 4.0.10 our JSON remote control for xbmc doesn't work.- no respond at all..

With 4.0.13 I always have a crash during the movie.

See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201311

Can you please have a look why it crashes...

Thank you very much.
Christian

Not sure what the cause is, you can run XBMC in Debug mode, try again, then post the log, it might contain more info.

here the Crash with debug log:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1769117

Hello Giftie, were you able to find anything? I disabled CE and never had a crash again. So it is related to CE.

Thanks.
(2014-08-24, 23:55)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2014-08-24, 19:38)FredG89 Wrote:

OpenElec user here.

https://github.com/Giftie/script.cinema.experience

Click the arrow button and choose Gotham, this will bring up 4.0.13

I used this and it worked perfectly...until some reason openelec upgraded/downgraded on its own to 4.0.10
Hi first off thanks for taking the time to create this fantastic addon, I have recently built a cinema room in my house and this this is just awesome for when we have guests around for movie nights.

One thing though is it possible to move the place where the countdown video takes place or a way to play a video after the audio type video is played just before the movie comes on? I have the Imax countdown video and I want it to play just before the movie comes on but can't seen to change the order so it plays where I want it to.
(2014-08-20, 15:30)the.sq Wrote: Can someone help me with getting this running on my Apple TV 2?

It looks like there is an error with a value original_autorefresh missing...

Any insight? Many thanks in advance.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=272851

I was having the same problem on my ATV2, you need to SSH into your ATV, then cd to the cinema experience:

cd /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience-Gotham/

use nano to edit the addon.py:

nano addon.py

Go to line 142 (use ^C to see your cursor position). That line should read "from ce_player import Script"

Above that line, add the following:

original_autorefresh = 0

hit ^X to exit the file, yes to save the file, and give it a try. Looks like the auto refresh setting is gone so this is a hack that tells it never to adjust refresh rate for now.
Sorry I haven't gone through every page here (read the first page) and read the last 3.

I recently downloaded this addon via the programs addon area.

The version of XBMC I'm in is 13.2, the version of addon is 3.0.10

What I'm trying to do is stream trailers from apple.

I went ahead and selected 4 trailers, streaming from apple, and adjusted the video playback.

I haven't done anything else, is there something specifically I need to add so that trailers start playing when I select a movie?

Thanks in advance
Find movie, hit "I" for information, and if your skin supports Cinema Experience, there will be a "Cinema Ex" button, click it.

Or there is a setting in Cinema Experience to automatically launch when you select a movie to play.
(2014-08-30, 08:53)Ic3y Wrote: Find movie, hit "I" for information, and if your skin supports Cinema Experience, there will be a "Cinema Ex" button, click it.

Or there is a setting in Cinema Experience to automatically launch when you select a movie to play.

fixed it by changing the default play button, thank you for the help.
First of all I want to say I love this script, it really gives a great movie theater like experience. I am having an issue with sound not playing occasionally when I start the script. I have it set to play trailers, then it runs a feature presentation intro in the trailers outro section, and then countdown / rating / audio. When I have the issue, the trailers and the "feature presentation" are silent, and then the sound works fine from there. In playing around with it I have noticed two things. First, the trailers and "feature presentation" videos are in stereo, and the countdown video where the sound begins to work is DD5.1. Second, if I let it run through, stop the movie and then run the script again, the sound all works fine.

So it looks like xbmc is just not picking up on the sound until there is a change in format, at which point everything works fine. Is there a solution to this in the settings somewhere that I might be able to change? I know there is a "keep audio driver alive" setting for xbmc, but I put my HTPC to sleep when I'm not using it and get the issue when watching a movie after resuming...
Haven't been following along to much with the recent updates and tweaks but is there a new version of CE on the way?

Also, when I first found out about XBMC I found some CE videos where people had scrolling LED bars with text giving you a movie countdown timer and such but now I can't seem to find what that was or where to get info. Can anyone help?

Thanks for offering some advice and apologies for sounding like a total knob.
Hi guys,

Bit of a noob question but I cant find the answer.

Does cinema experience work with video addons or only library?

I'm trying to get it to work with an android box, the M8, but so far I can only get it to work with video library and no addons.

Thanks in advance for any help
Hi guys could you please tell me what skins work with CE on Gotham?
First post has a list albeit old. Your best bet is to find a skin you like and see if it supports it. I use MQ5.
Yes thats great I started trawling through but realised the first post dates back and a lot are old I have MQ5 now so thanks for the response. I thought this would solve my problem but it hasn't. I still don't have the cinema button that everyone is talking about. I have a Minix Neo X8 and I have just searched through the forum more and it seems I need to add code to the home.xml to create a cinema button is this correct? and if so how do I add this to my Minix box?
  • 259(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24