Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 262(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
What about getting the trivia slides automatically scraped and randomized from imdb?

that could be an interesting feature... but maybe it's just me.

edit : I mean the slide content of course Wink
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
(2014-10-14, 12:18)fastcolors Wrote: What about getting the trivia slides automatically scraped and randomized from imdb?

that could be an interesting feature... but maybe it's just me.

edit : I mean the slide content of course Wink

I personally think this is a great idea! I'd kicked the idea of dynamic trivia from the web around a while ago. It would require us to create some kind of web based templates and it would change the way that Cinema Experience uses and displays trivia entirely - which would take some effort, and may not be able to automatically size text to fit the template. We'd also need help from a web developer to design the templates. If anyone is interested, contact us and I'll keep you on the list for when/if it becomes a feature. I know there are quite a few things that are a priority currently in development, and I don't believe that this is one of them, but I'll raise the question with giftie again and see what he says.

He's been swamped with real life lately, so I'd bet this isn't even on his radar currently.

Scott
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I set up my CE just like in the first post and i find the Intermission Folder not playing. I tried it 5 times still the videos on the Intermission folder is not playing... What am i missing here? Huh
(2014-08-28, 00:37)Yankeeruinx Wrote: Hi first off thanks for taking the time to create this fantastic addon, I have recently built a cinema room in my house and this this is just awesome for when we have guests around for movie nights.

One thing though is it possible to move the place where the countdown video takes place or a way to play a video after the audio type video is played just before the movie comes on? I have the Imax countdown video and I want it to play just before the movie comes on but can't seen to change the order so it plays where I want it to.

This function does not work.Countdown video is played in the wrong sequence.How to fix i do not know.The question asked on the forum. No one answered.
(2014-10-17, 11:47)RoaringTiger Wrote:
(2014-08-28, 00:37)Yankeeruinx Wrote: Hi first off thanks for taking the time to create this fantastic addon, I have recently built a cinema room in my house and this this is just awesome for when we have guests around for movie nights.

One thing though is it possible to move the place where the countdown video takes place or a way to play a video after the audio type video is played just before the movie comes on? I have the Imax countdown video and I want it to play just before the movie comes on but can't seen to change the order so it plays where I want it to.

This function does not work.Countdown video is played in the wrong sequence.How to fix i do not know.The question asked on the forum. No one answered.

Yeah I have been playing around with this addon a fair bit today as I had some people around for movie night but I couldn't get the countdown to play after the audio type video no matter what I did, glad to see it wasn't me just setting it up wrong at least.
When does the intermission folder kicks in to play?
Hi

I'm trying to get cinema Ex. to play a trailer with the same MPAA as the movie (i selected that option and no luck).
So when i play a movie using cinema ex. it jumps straight to audio and then movie plays (No intro or trailer)

I'm not sure but maybe i have to add something to the trailer file.

If i uncheck MPAA option then all good.

Thanks!!!
@FonziQ log files are awesome, please provide one.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Hey everyone, I've noticed with Aeon5 and many other skins, with Cinema Experience Addon,
I've noticed you cannot change the number of Features no matter what number you put, it will always revert to '1' after you click OK and go back to that section.
I want to know how do you queue up another Feature to play a double feature using this add on.
I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug, or if there is something I'm doing incorrectly.
I've even tried queuing up a movie before I select Cinema EX, but it does nothing. Much help appreciated. Thanks.

Running Gotham 13.2 / Cinema Experience - Latest Version.
Hi Bry,

If i select MPAA option in Cinema Ex. I cant exit XBMC, so i have to use Windows task manager to kill process creating a crash log.dmp file.
I tried to open .dmp with BlueScreenView and i cant either so log file for the moment not possible.

Without selecting MPAA, cinema Ex. works perfectly the way i want.

If there's anyone who uses the MPAA option, can you please give an example of your trailer folder layout.

This is how i can get it to work without MPAA selected:

(folder) Cinema Experience: (Sub folder) Previews Of Coming Attractions
(Sub folder) Trailers (In trailer folder example: Jupiter Ascending-trailer
(Sub folder) Audio
Then movie starts.
Do i need a folder named Ratings or MPAA and then sub folder's G, PG, PG-13, NC-17 ? I tried a million combination

I don't use online trailers, they are all pre-downloaded
Hello giftie, hello Cinema Experience Enthusiasts,

I’ve started to use my (Linux-Based) QNAP TS-469L as a media station and finally got XBMC (12.3.0, Gotham not supported yet) running fluently. Now I struggle with Cinema Experience (v4.0.10) to work properly. (Used in on my Win-PC and was really excited about it – great work giftie!)

The script (addon.py) is stopped in line 217 (see PasteBin-Link) because, as it seems, the original_autorefresh has no value.

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=328318 (error at 19:27:41)

This (?) problem has been mentioned before by the.sq but the fix suggested by windsorguy1979 did not help at all:

(2014-08-28, 21:04)windsorguy1979 Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 15:30)the.sq Wrote: Can someone help me with getting this running on my Apple TV 2?

It looks like there is an error with a value original_autorefresh missing...

Any insight? Many thanks in advance.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=272851

I was having the same problem on my ATV2, you need to SSH into your ATV, then cd to the cinema experience:

cd /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience-Gotham/

use nano to edit the addon.py:

nano addon.py

Go to line 142 (use ^C to see your cursor position). That line should read "from ce_player import Script"

Above that line, add the following:

original_autorefresh = 0

hit ^X to exit the file, yes to save the file, and give it a try. Looks like the auto refresh setting is gone so this is a hack that tells it never to adjust refresh rate for now.

Do you have any suggestions what to do? I would appreciate it.
Blush
I'm having a problem with Cinema experience in Gotham. I'm trying to play trailers that I've downloaded in a specific folder but it still is pulling files from the internet. I've told Cinema Experience to use the local folder instead of the scraper but it still is doing this. Do I need to set some other option in order for it to play the local files?
OK, calling on all those who've got this amazing add-on working with Z-wave to control their lighting or anything else. I've been reading through all the information I can find but most of it goes back 3 years with follow-up posts stating this or that is now to old. I know people have it working today running Gotham but I've hit a dead end. I finally got the Vera to work with XBMC in general but of course the main point is to have CE control the lights at various points of the script. Otherwise I've got (almost) everything in CE I want to work perfectly and it's an awesome experience.

I do my best to offer help to others or at least give them pointers to the information they seek when I know so please, if you've gone through setting up CE with Z-wave and can offer a few steps and tips to help it would be very much appreciated!

Hoping to post a video of at least the CE script running in it's current incarnation (not yet in the dedicated HT) shortly.
hello all,
well im back 10 years later, making another pass at finally finishing my htpc.
(and yes they've all been up and running for years but i never was able to confidently run HTE/CE, which was one of the main reasons i got into all this way way back in the day)

A quick breakdown of what i'm running before i get into the issue

Media server: Windows Server 2012 r2
Itx Clients: atom/ion running OpenELEC 4.2.1 and CE 4.0.10
desktop clients: full rigs running Kodi 14.0 and CE 4.0.10
Network: domain controller, wired Lan

now to the problem im having:
So i upgraded my desktop client to 13.2 Gotham and was happy to see that CE is now included in the build so i tried it. Configured it to run trivia stills only (no QA) which i suspect is where the problem might be. and a music file, then to play a coming attraction intro, then 3 trailers streamed from apple. a random feature presentation intro and random audio intro then the selected film.

the first time i ran CE it went ok, the slides ran with the audio fine but it skipped the coming attraction intro and 3 trailers and went straight to the feature presentation into and then to the selected film.
the second run is where the real problem appeared. it game be an error and referred me to the Log file:

"ERROR: File "C:\Users\Boku\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinema.experience\service.py", line 56, in onSettingsChanged" and a slew of other similar line references

"ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file Y:\Trailers & Intros etc\HTE\Intro Music\John Williams - Greatest Hits 1969-1999 - 02 - Jurassic Park- Theme .mp3"

it seems all of my folder locations we're given these &

i reloaded Kodi and reset all the locations back to what they should be, clicked OK then ran it again and received the same result.

in troubleshooting i tried everything i could thing of, eliminating features one by one. and every time i had any folder location selected a couple minutes after leaving the CE settings page the & would be reinserted and the error would return. the only way i have been able to run CE successfully is to remove all features but the trailer streams.

I also had similar results running on both the Kodi14.0 client and the two OpenElec clients. the only way this works on any of my machines is after disabling everything but the streaming trailers.

In searching i found that Mungo had the exact same issue a couple pages back but he didn't post the resolution.

any help would be greatly appreciated and full logs available here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=338777
thanks in advance

-Bo
heres another log from a longer session when i was troubleshooting by adding and removing features.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=338873

this log includes where the setting were changed by me to the correct locations then running the script only to see the locations changed back again. this log also includes a C++ runtime error upon close.

thanks again in advance!

-Bo
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24