Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 121(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
Probably a weird issue with the newest XBMC Nightly... who knows...but my trivia slides would sometimes freeze up immediately, or I'd get a black screen instead of a slide, and a long pause... The real tip-off that something was amiss, however, was that I was seeing some "artifacting" on the text of the slides. I knew the slides I made were flawless, so I converted them all from JPG to PNG, and now everything's running beautifully.

Yes. After months of heartache with this plugin, I updated XBMC to the newest nightly, installed ReFocus, the newest version of this plugin, set it all up, and it really is running flawlessly. Trivia, trailers, and all the videos in between.

My home theater is back!

Edit: *sigh*... it "froze" twice in a row, like it just doesn't want to go to the next item on the playlist. The first time was after the last trailer finished playing, and the second was after the "coming attractions" video before the trailers. Maybe setting trailers to download instead of stream would help?
Great AddOn!

Too bad noone is seeding the XBMC CE Vipid Videos Torrent
PatOso Wrote:Use a local folder to save the apple trailers and then use CE but now i can't in pre-Eden download movie trailers apple lite.
As I can download trailers now? I use wifi and streaming is very slow.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Did you append "-trailer" in the filename? Mine didn't work either until I remembered to read the first few posts in this thread and I noticed that giftie had mentioned this in the instructions Tongue
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
peebs Wrote:Probably a weird issue with the newest XBMC Nightly... who knows...but my trivia slides would sometimes freeze up immediately, or I'd get a black screen instead of a slide, and a long pause... The real tip-off that something was amiss, however, was that I was seeing some "artifacting" on the text of the slides. I knew the slides I made were flawless, so I converted them all from JPG to PNG, and now everything's running beautifully.

Yes. After months of heartache with this plugin, I updated XBMC to the newest nightly, installed ReFocus, the newest version of this plugin, set it all up, and it really is running flawlessly. Trivia, trailers, and all the videos in between.

My home theater is back!

Edit: *sigh*... it "froze" twice in a row, like it just doesn't want to go to the next item on the playlist. The first time was after the last trailer finished playing, and the second was after the "coming attractions" video before the trailers. Maybe setting trailers to download instead of stream would help?

Streaming trailers is broken if a video is played before hand(Trivia Outro, Movie Theatre Intro or Coming Attractions) I still have not found a work around(problem posted on first page of this thread.)
giftie Wrote:Streaming trailers is broken if a video is played before hand(Trivia Outro, Movie Theatre Intro or Coming Attractions) I still have not found a work around(problem posted on first page of this thread.)

Hmmm? I have a Movie Theatre Intro clip that plays, and then the streaming trailers from Apple, and it plays fine...is that not what's being referred to here?
giftie Wrote:Streaming trailers is broken if a video is played before hand(Trivia Outro, Movie Theatre Intro or Coming Attractions) I still have not found a work around(problem posted on first page of this thread.)

Yeah, that's the problem I had a long-ass time ago, before starting from scratch again.

I have Coming Attractions playing before the trailers, and it's all working flawlessly, now that I have the trailers set to "download" instead of "stream."

In other news, this has made me excited again about Cinema Experience...so expect a new Trivia Slides pack from me in the near future. (I've completed 80 slides so far today.)
canadave Wrote:Hmmm? I have a Movie Theatre Intro clip that plays, and then the streaming trailers from Apple, and it plays fine...is that not what's being referred to here?

Yeah, that's what he is referring to. It doesn't work for most. What video is playing before it? What format? What skin do you use? I want to try and replicate your exact setup and see if that fixes it on my PC. Mine fails 100% of he time if I have videos before the trailer. Real bummer.
ForeelYo Wrote:Yeah, that's what he is referring to. It doesn't work for most. What video is playing before it? What format? What skin do you use? I want to try and replicate your exact setup and see if that fixes it on my PC. Mine fails 100% of he time if I have videos before the trailer. Real bummer.

I have a .MOV and .AVI file in the "Movie Theatre Intro" folder, then a single MP4 file in my "Coming Attractions Intro" folder, that plays. Right afterward, streaming Apple trailers play just fine--never had a problem. I don't have anything in the "Outro" folders...don't know if that makes a difference.

I use reFocus skin.
PBTrivia Volume 2, an additional 200 slide set (100 questions/answers) is out!

PBTrivia Volume 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?efg8n099930jee2

I have also saved Volume 1 in PNG format, due to some issues I was experiencing with XBMC's rendering of JPGs.

These are all in 720P.

Here's Volume 1 in PNG format:

1-100: http://www.mediafire.com/?38g2bv11f6h8j0b
101-200: http://www.mediafire.com/?kn256irme3xsx3q

Question Slide:
Answer Slide:
Thanks so much...looks great!! Downloading now Smile

Hi giftie,

I hadn't used CE in a while, (I moved, and all that) and the last few times I used it, I was getting the "end of the first trailer hang" problem about 50% of the time.

After a few months, I decided to give it a go and unfortunately now, I am getting it every single time.

Before, I had the trivia playing before the streaming trailers. But now, I got rid of that too. Trailers are the first thing that plays.

Here are a couple of debug logs, the first one with automation script turned on, the second off.
http://pastebin.com/r3sZT9JA
http://pastebin.com/McvL7TnV

Also, before, when it was working 50% of the time, it would only hang at the end of the first trailer. If I skipped right before the first trailer ended, the second and the third would play just fine. But now, if I skip the first one, it hangs at the end of the second one.

Here's a debug log with the hang on the second trailer:
http://pastebin.com/qjSvWrhM

When it hangs, it just displays the final frame of the video. The only way to stop it is to press the "skip" button on the remote and it returns to the library.

Any ideas??

CE is absolutely my favorite script and I only care about the trailers really. It pains me that I cannot use it.

Thanks
BIG time fan in need of help.

Running nightly build on ATV2 with Refocus Elf skin.

Always same issue regardless of skin or what videos (or trailers) I set in the config. This morning I tried your 0.53 untested Dahrma build but face the same problem.

Script begins, gets to where it would start the feature and crashes back to the movie selection screen.

here is where the issue seems to be:

PHP Code:
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Feature X-MenFirst Class
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Storing Playlist
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [script.cinema.experience] - JSONRPC - {"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Error Playlist Empty
11:22:19 T:155385856    INFOLoading skin fileDialogProgress.xml
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUGDialogProgress::StartModal called
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - [ce_playlist.py] - Rebuilding Playlist
:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: []
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - _get_queued_video_info() Started
:22:19 T:155385856   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):
11:22:19 T:155385856   ERROR:   File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/dharma_code.py",[bline 155in _get_queued_video_info
:22:19 T:155385856   ERROR:     movie_title xbmc.PlayListxbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO )[ feature ].getdescription()
11:22:19 T:155385856   ERRORTypeError: array out of bound[/b]
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Queued Movie Information
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] ----------------------------------------------------------------------
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Title:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Path:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Genre:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - MPAA:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Audio:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Folder: ('/var/mobile/Videos/Audio/Other/',)
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ]  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
11:22:19 T:155385856 

here is the rest.
http://pastebin.com/py83G8sd

Any insight would be apreciated.
ATV2 uses is(and always has been) Pre-Eden, try the pre-Eden version.

MrBigBen Wrote:BIG time fan in need of help.

Running nightly build on ATV2 with Refocus Elf skin.

Always same issue regardless of skin or what videos (or trailers) I set in the config. This morning I tried your 0.53 untested Dahrma build but face the same problem.

Script begins, gets to where it would start the feature and crashes back to the movie selection screen.

here is where the issue seems to be:

PHP Code:
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [ script.cinema.experience ] - Feature X-MenFirst Class
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Storing Playlist
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [script.cinema.experience] - JSONRPC - {"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found."},"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - Error Playlist Empty
11:22:19 T:155385856    INFOLoading skin fileDialogProgress.xml
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUGDialogProgress::StartModal called
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
11:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: [script.cinema.experience] - [ce_playlist.py] - Rebuilding Playlist
:22:19 T:155385856  NOTICE: []
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - _get_queued_video_info() Started
:22:19 T:155385856   ERRORTraceback (most recent call last):
11:22:19 T:155385856   ERROR:   File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cinema.experience/resources/lib/dharma_code.py",[bline 155in _get_queued_video_info
:22:19 T:155385856   ERROR:     movie_title xbmc.PlayListxbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO )[ feature ].getdescription()
11:22:19 T:155385856   ERRORTypeError: array out of bound[/b]
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Queued Movie Information
:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] ----------------------------------------------------------------------
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Title:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Path:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Genre:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - MPAA:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Audio:
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ] - Folder: ('/var/mobile/Videos/Audio/Other/',)
11:22:19 T:155385856   DEBUG: [ script.cinema.experience ] - [ dharma_code.py ]  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
11:22:19 T:155385856 

here is the rest.
http://pastebin.com/py83G8sd

Any insight would be apreciated.
I'm starting to wonder if Apple Movie Trailers website is being anal retentive.. XBMC is getting hung up the same way if a video is played before a streamed trailer. I even had problems downloading the trailer. Guess I need to figure out how to use Wireshark and see what is going on....

aptalca Wrote:Hi giftie,

I hadn't used CE in a while, (I moved, and all that) and the last few times I used it, I was getting the "end of the first trailer hang" problem about 50% of the time.

After a few months, I decided to give it a go and unfortunately now, I am getting it every single time.

Before, I had the trivia playing before the streaming trailers. But now, I got rid of that too. Trailers are the first thing that plays.

Here are a couple of debug logs, the first one with automation script turned on, the second off.
http://pastebin.com/r3sZT9JA
http://pastebin.com/McvL7TnV

Also, before, when it was working 50% of the time, it would only hang at the end of the first trailer. If I skipped right before the first trailer ended, the second and the third would play just fine. But now, if I skip the first one, it hangs at the end of the second one.

Here's a debug log with the hang on the second trailer:
http://pastebin.com/qjSvWrhM

When it hangs, it just displays the final frame of the video. The only way to stop it is to press the "skip" button on the remote and it returns to the library.

Any ideas??

CE is absolutely my favorite script and I only care about the trailers really. It pains me that I cannot use it.

Thanks
So i've uninstalled the untested version and went back to the .46 again so you could have a pre-eden version of the log.

facing the same issue

http://pastebin.com/xS6yfCg6

any insight would be much apreciated. looking forward to many nights of entertainment and to be honest, showing off your work
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24