• 47(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
(2012-03-18, 04:54)bandelguy Wrote: I tried out the new site today. It looks slick and refreshing. I guess the images are still being transferred from the old site as of now. When can users like me start uploading images again? Thanks in advance for replying.

There are still some images that need to be transferred due to some issues.

You can already start uploading your images again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
New site looks really good. The spinning cdarts looks really cool, it kinda put me on a trance for a second there. ha! But I like it a lot. So how do we add missing albums on the new site? Also can we still access the pending/denied/replace/submitted images page like on the old site? TY.
(2012-03-18, 06:45)igbygoesclown Wrote: New site looks really good. The spinning cdarts looks really cool, it kinda put me on a trance for a second there. ha! But I like it a lot. So how do we add missing albums on the new site? Also can we still access the pending/denied/replace/submitted images page like on the old site? TY.

Still need to be fixed/worked on. Maybe it was a bit early however the launch data had been set even if it wasn't finished.
It was just time. There are still much things to do and Kode is all alone on this....
New site looks great Martijn!
(2012-03-19, 16:27)deh2k7 Wrote: New site looks great Martijn!

It's all Kode's work Big Grin
Great work by Kode and co. in improving the site. Truly awesome
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Hi there

Hmmm.... I was wondering if i may upload movie logos and disc in a different language, let's say, spanish?
I made some just for me, so i really don't know if they will have enough quality but they look good on my Full Hd 50 inches plasma.
So i thought, why having this here only for me, if perhaps it will be hard for spanish users to get these ones otherwise?

HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2012-03-20, 02:49)vicmanpergar Wrote: Hi there

Hmmm.... I was wondering if i may upload movie logos and disc in a different language, let's say, spanish?
I made some just for me, so i really don't know if they will have enough quality but they look good on my Full Hd 50 inches plasma.
So i thought, why having this here only for me, if perhaps it will be hard for spanish users to get these ones otherwise?

Absolutely Nod
All languages welcome. You can select what language you are uploading (standard is English ofourse). Even movie discs are split into dvd/bluray/3d

So the logo "The Abyss" would be and English one and "The lord of the rings" would be Spanish.

As long as they follow our guideliness (these can be found on the site).
We have some fixed image dimension like movie discs need to be 1000x1000 (I know the old standard was 450x450 but that is not supported anymore) and logos 400x155 pixels.

All artwork is check after it's uploaded by one of the moderators to see if they are good enough to be added.
Like if they are to stretched or to much enlarged to fit the standard size and you have pixelation.

This is just to keep the high quality standard.
Yeah, i took into acount the sizes, but i'm not so sure about the quality, i'm not designer and i do my best googling and working it hard (applied in my life too, lol).
I will upload them and u can take them or dismiss them, at least i give some chance to be useful for somebody else.

P.S.: The Abyss was tittled "Abyss" in Spain, so......guess it's good for both languages.

Edit: i guess i must register in the site to be able to upload, right?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Hi,
fanart.tv is down. Anyone knows what happened?
The site is locking up the entire server apparently, so my host disabled it until he can work out why =/

That was 5 hours ago after which he went to bed, so I'm not sure what time he will be up to look at it =/
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
You may have noticed some issues in the last couple of days. Currently the website is on a shared hosting server. Its not actually a commercial shared server and unfortunately it's not a particularly powerful server. Also there are other people using it as well and thus it's struggling with the load. Other users on the server have already asked my host to keep the site disabled.

Now we would like to ask you a favour.
We are looking for a dedicated server to keep this site alive.
Something like this option 1 (or similar) dedicated server would be sufficient. That's $150/month or £95/month (depends on exchange rate)

The site currently brings in nowhere near enough to pay for a server itself (with donations and adsense it's currently bringing in about £7/month). I am already paying out around £55/month for the website server and the server where image backups are kept (my personal sites are also on this site, but it's not powerful enough to host the fanart.tv site).

We currently get around 2.5million hits to the APIs a month and around 15,000 visits a month to the actual site as well. Traffic is about 1000GB/month.
With the new Movie section addition this will be rising more and more over time.

So if anyone has some contact(s) who would be willing to sponsor us to get a dedicated server, please get in touch. Every donation will help to achieve this goal.
If there are any sponsors I'd be happy to remove the google ads and just promote them.

Alternatively if we can get enough donations to carry us through for 6-12 months that might be another option.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know:
E-mail contribute @ fanart.tv
Website http://fanart.tv/contribute/

For latest developments you can visit
http://fanart.tv/blog/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/fanarttv/197958726932277

Kind regards,
fanart.tv Admin
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
I just donated to your cause, hopefully more will do the same to help you out. Good luck!
What is the temporary fix then to get all of my CDart?
(2012-03-27, 22:09)crimsonfury Wrote: What is the temporary fix then to get all of my CDart?

Run cdart manager again now Smile and hopefully support the site a bit Wink
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4