• 3(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
hikaricore Wrote:The only issue I have with user moderated logo approval is that some people are stupid. It would only take X number of idiot votes to approve a complete crap logo for a popular show to have it slip right by us. Moderation of logos isn't really that big of a deal in the first place, most of them are approved or denied the same day they're posted. Anyway that's my 2 cents on the subject,

Hiki is a tough grader but in the end the logos are near studio quality and it benefits the whole project. While the clearARTs, where anything goes, is pretty good but there are alot of duds in there also...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
hikaricore Wrote:The only issue I have with user moderated logo approval is that (some) people are blind and or stupid. It would only take X number of idiot votes to approve a complete crap logo for a popular show and have it slip right by us. Moderation of logos isn't really that big of a deal in the first place, most of them are approved or denied the same day they're posted. Anyway that's my 2 cents on the subject,

Yeah, I was thinking the opposite. Instead of approving logos, users are allowed to mark logos as crap. So while removing the approval process would allow bad logos in, they wouldn't last long (in theory)--a la Wikipedia. Though, obviously, our userbase is much smaller, so oversight will be much less in our case.

But even if we keep the gateway in place and only moderated logos get through, I still think there's value in marking logos (et al) as borderline. Throws a bone to the "something is better than nothing" crowd, allows people to contribute better logos without having to scour the whole collection looking for suspects, and generally lets a wider userbase refine the collection into something that is as good as possible.
I think the way to go is having like a thumbs up or a thumbs down, if an image is crap it gets a thumbs down, when there are several thumbs down it drops into a moderation queue.

From there a moderator can decide if its ok or needs deleting, if a moderator decides its ok it wont show up in the moderation queue again, this should stop idiot users but will also allow ordering as those with the most thumbs up will be at the top.

New logos still go through the moderators.

This should allow us to improve the quality of the images imported as moderators shouldn't have to go through every image looking for duds, just the ones flagged as such.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Thanks for the tutorial mcborzu Big Grin I'll also add it to the site, few question.

* At step 1 looking at your images you appear to have created a duplicate layer but dont mention it anywhere.
* might be worth mentioning that you are tracing the outside of the image, or saying alternatively after you make the selection you can invert the selection.
* At step 4, when you "make selection" do you just keep the defaults? Feather Radius 0 pixels, antialiased ticked?
* At step 5 you have hidden the background layer
* After deleting the background you probably need to delect (Select / Deselect, Ctrl + D)?
* Im assuming after selecting the blur tool you go around the edges of the image? Any particular brush size?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
On a shows page, if you hover over an image an overlay will appear with the authors username and icons to download, vote up and vote down, the icons are a bit crap though, so if someone wants to make me some better ones, feel free Wink

Currently only the download icon actually works though
Looks good. Maybe hikaricore can make some. Wink

Anyway Love the way things are falling into place the last couple of days.

One feYoature/setting I'd like to bring up is when an admin ups a logo it's automatically approved, maybe it is better if this isn't the case. I know that when you've been staring at a logo for a while you tend to overlook the mistakes. So maybe the best setting would be Admin ups other admin approves.

May be a bit more work, but higher quality output, right?
Are you also adding the cdart to your site?
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

MarkAsRead Wrote:One feYoature/setting I'd like to bring up is when an admin ups a logo it's automatically approved

They are if you upload them on the backend. :p
hikaricore Wrote:They are if you upload them on the backend. :p

His point is he doesn't want it automatically approved, he would rather his submissions still went into the moderation queue.

However, mods automatically being approved was a feature requested by several mods, the option to get round this is to create a user account and submit logos using that.

As for cdArts, if people want these added i'm happy to do it, but need more information, such as is there an open database that lists albums/artists like thetvdb lists tv shows?
My point still stands, upload them through the main page if you want to have them approved and the backend when you know they're good enough. Personally I don't want to end up having to go back to approving every logo I upload right after I upload it, that was a PITA. :p
You should now be able to request and upload images on all 4 sections
hikaricore Wrote:My point still stands, upload them through the main page if you want to have them approved and the backend when you know they're good enough. Personally I don't want to end up having to go back to approving every logo I upload right after I upload it, that was a PITA. :p

Mods uploads get approved straight away whether they are uploaded through the front or back end, but i could change the code so that only ones uploaded through the back end get approved straight away if that's what you guys want?
Whenever I've uploaded through the frontend they've been in moderation queue.
Granted it's been a few days and you may have fixed it but at the time I just assumed this was intended. :p
Lol, I've just looked at the code, and i actually remember taking out the auto approve on the front end to encourage mods to use the backend, so my mistake, and hopefully that solves everyones problems. If you want want an image to go in the queue upload on the front end, if you want it auto approved upload in the backend
@Kode

Touched up the desription of the tutorial based on your suggestions

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4