• 6(current)
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs
Ok,

Users can now click on My Submissions in ClearLOGOs and see any of their images in the pending list or the denied list, you can also replace these images.

I will add this functionality to the other sections as soon as I get a chance.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Good deal. That should decrease the number of bitchy posts dramatically.
I tried doing some season thumbs but I believe they are being rejected at point of upload as the are .jpg's?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
MarkAsRead Wrote:Had a look at it to, but it cuts off the flash things on all sides, So if you make the logo 10% smaller it will fit nicely.

But if nobody cares, I sure as hell won't cause I don't watch girly shows like that anyway. Wink (Still quality should be high)

Not really sure why people would need a template.... If you need somebody else to create you a file that is 400x155 with a couple of layers of color, than you shouldn't even attempt to make any logo's or do any photo shopping at all.

Lol, to be honest I didn't even know it was a TV show..Eek
I just picked a random one.

The point of the template is just for the guides. When I spaced it out from the edges, I get denied not being bottom aligned. When I move it down, I find the same problem as you, things get cut off.

I think that you should say that no text is to go below, 2mm from the edge. That leaves room for drop shadows, flashes or any other type of effect that is required.
When you align right with the bottom, it means that they will all be in different positions as everyone will have a different drop shadow or effect determining where the text goes.

But that’s my 2c, it really does not bother me as I can (and have) easily just created mine where and how I like. All mine are centre aligned now and I find that it looks sweet for me.

I am only trying to help you guys out with all these requests so I’ll just keep on trouping along.
There is no need for a template as has been stated many many times..
The entire process is very very simple and I'll lay out in in simple steps.

Step 1. Create logo either by means of cutting out or starting from scratch. If you're cutting out you'll need to be sure you do it properly which means checking the final image on various backgrounds, adjusting colours, feathering edges etc.
Step 2. If needed and it is not always so, add a drop shadow.
Step 3. When you're happy with your logo and its shadow (if relevant) double check that there is no extra garbage around the outside of the image area. This is where the auto crop (trim) function comes in very handy.. If the image still has extra space around it after an auto crop then you need to zoom in and check again. If needed select the transparent areas and do a light 1-2px feather to clear it properly.
Step 4. Scaling your image to either 400px wide or 155px tall. Most images will not exactly conform to this and you will end up with either an image that is too short or too narrow.
Step 5. After scaling down the image resize the canvas area to the appropriate dimensions with the bottom of your logo aligned to the bottom and the middle of your image is aligned to the center... This means if your image is 400x100 (just an example) you add 55px to the top and if your image is 320x155 (example again) you need to add 80px 40 left and 40 right to your image.
Step 6. Make one last check that your image looks good on the 4 main colors of interest red/green/black/white by making use of layers. If you see any mistakes you will need to fix them before uploading.

The entire process after initially making the logo will only take you a couple of minutes (and it will get faster the more you do it) and if you follow instructions properly your images will be approved. I realize some of you are just trying to help but if you don't follow the rules you may as well just not even submit things as they will be rejected. We have set a standard for clearlogos over these last few months and I'll be damned if it's going to go to hell just because people don't feel like doing things properly and we're not going to change the rules just to coddle these people.

Thanks again to all of you and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us.
Kode Wrote:1. I can have the number link through to the relevant section in the backend? Would that work for you?

2. Both done

3. Actually that doesn't work for moderators either, lol, it doesn't check anything, it just refreshes the page. Will have a think about how to handle pending images for non mods.

1. Yeah, that would be an improvement. It just feels like a disconnect. There's a lot of data presented on the front end, but all the action takes place in the backend. And there's no way to go back and forth.... A common workflow for me hitting your site:

* Page loads. Check requests section under the two most recent logos. Lots of info next to the name, roll mouse over all of it twice--no links.
* Click show title, looking for some visual clue about it, wondering if the source material is interesting/possible to extract/recreate.
* Hit show page. Everything is blank. Half a fanart maybe gives me a glimpse at the logo. Nothing else to see, nothing to click.
* Scroll up to Control Panel link.
* Click logos.
* Click Requests.
* Scroll through to find the show again....

Some link to the backend would be much better than manually navigating back there, but I think a call-to-action for shows with missing content would be more helpful overall. If the section is empty, use the space to ask for help or for a submission of source images. If there are source images or links, list them in the empty space with a request to have someone make a logo out of them. Maybe the source image is high res and high contrast, and the logo itself is mostly square angles. "Wow, that would only take me five minutes--I'll do it right now." Click, save, edit, upload, everybody wins.

Or maybe just put it ("current resources?") in line with the request/upload links, and have it pop down when clicked like the other two?

2. Nice!

3. Again, this is a trivial request, but I think there is some value in opening up the pending images.

=======

4. I agree with hikaricore about preferring the slide-in content below/beside the logo, but your implementation is very nice and there's nothing wrong with it (except for the fringe minority of people browsing without JS). Although at the very least, I would suggest adding title attributes so there's some reassurance about what the links do before clicking them.

5. I'm an asshole for bringing this up after you've coded it, but I still think the voting system might be worth revisiting....

At the moment, downvoting doesn't do anything productive.

* Say you favor a specific one: voting for that one is a positive way of moving it up the list the same amount as voting against a logo. Doing both is kind of redundant.
* Say there's a problem with a logo: voting it down doesn't do anything unless N other people happen to visit, notice, and then do the same thing.

What about this:

* star/thumbs-up acts as reinforcing your chosen favorite, and tallied votes arrange the line-up
* a "Report this image" link that reveals a small form with radio boxes ("size/scale" "bad crop" "blurry/edginess" "other: ____ ") that puts the image into moderation again? Or maybe a separate moderation queue so that it stays in place until moderated and one griefer can't get it removed from the site?

=======

Minor bug reports that are probably still on your radar:

5. Browsing any show seems to make ClearART the highlighted entry in the topmost nav.

6. "Something here." placeholder text is still in....

7. TV Thumbs == landscape.jpg ? The drop down for uploading has the same info pasted from the logo section. Similarly, Season Thumbs have the ClearART info pasted.

8. Your input sanitizer is killing links when submitting "site" resources: http://thetvdb.com/index.phptabseriesid81759
hikaricore Wrote:We have set a standard for clearlogos over these last few months and I'll be damned if it's going to go to hell just because people don't feel like doing things properly and we're not going to change the rules just to coddle these people.

Is there a graveyard of rejected logos that people didn't come back to fix? If the primary complaint on some of them was just alignment, but they never bothered to resubmit, couldn't someone fix it for them (they're likely to be lossless pngs anyway)? Slight attribution conflict, but after a certain amount of time it can be assumed the person doesn't care about that, right?
mcborzu: you should be able to upload season thumbs / tv thumbs now, let me know if it still doesn't work.

Rad_: hold on i'm gonna read that post slash novel and respond Wink
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Great work on the additions to the site - it's really coming together. Love the google link to images and the TVDB link. Pending images is great to.

I'd like to be able to see other peoples pending images as well - as sometimes there are so many different possibilities. This also relates to my comment below about

What do you think about the ability to "Take Responsibility" for an image? At this point there is no way to know if someone else is doing the same logo. I've been caught several times - go to submit a logo, only to find someone else has just submitted one. If each creator could accept an image to create and that action removes it from the queue, along with the ability to add it again (make this a fixed period of time - just in case the creator doesn't get it done). Also, allow the creator the ability to put it back in queue if something in their life changes (or the image is too tough!).
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Rad_ Wrote:1. Yeah, that would be an improvement. It just feels like a disconnect. There's a lot of data presented on the front end, but all the action takes place in the backend. And there's no way to go back and forth.... A common workflow for me hitting your site:

* Page loads. Check requests section under the two most recent logos. Lots of info next to the name, roll mouse over all of it twice--no links.
* Click show title, looking for some visual clue about it, wondering if the source material is interesting/possible to extract/recreate.
* Hit show page. Everything is blank. Half a fanart maybe gives me a glimpse at the logo. Nothing else to see, nothing to click.
* Scroll up to Control Panel link.
* Click logos.
* Click Requests.
* Scroll through to find the show again....

Some link to the backend would be much better than manually navigating back there, but I think a call-to-action for shows with missing content would be more helpful overall. If the section is empty, use the space to ask for help or for a submission of source images. If there are source images or links, list them in the empty space with a request to have someone make a logo out of them. Maybe the source image is high res and high contrast, and the logo itself is mostly square angles. "Wow, that would only take me five minutes--I'll do it right now." Click, save, edit, upload, everybody wins.

Or maybe just put it ("current resources?") in line with the request/upload links, and have it pop down when clicked like the other two?

2. Nice!

3. Again, this is a trivial request, but I think there is some value in opening up the pending images.

=======

4. I agree with hikaricore about preferring the slide-in content below/beside the logo, but your implementation is very nice and there's nothing wrong with it (except for the fringe minority of people browsing without JS). Although at the very least, I would suggest adding title attributes so there's some reassurance about what the links do before clicking them.

5. I'm an asshole for bringing this up after you've coded it, but I still think the voting system might be worth revisiting....

At the moment, downvoting doesn't do anything productive.

* Say you favor a specific one: voting for that one is a positive way of moving it up the list the same amount as voting against a logo. Doing both is kind of redundant.
* Say there's a problem with a logo: voting it down doesn't do anything unless N other people happen to visit, notice, and then do the same thing.

What about this:

* star/thumbs-up acts as reinforcing your chosen favorite, and tallied votes arrange the line-up
* a "Report this image" link that reveals a small form with radio boxes ("size/scale" "bad crop" "blurry/edginess" "other: ____ ") that puts the image into moderation again? Or maybe a separate moderation queue so that it stays in place until moderated and one griefer can't get it removed from the site?

=======

Minor bug reports that are probably still on your radar:

5. Browsing any show seems to make ClearART the highlighted entry in the topmost nav.

6. "Something here." placeholder text is still in....

7. TV Thumbs == landscape.jpg ? The drop down for uploading has the same info pasted from the logo section. Similarly, Season Thumbs have the ClearART info pasted.

8. Your input sanitizer is killing links when submitting "site" resources: http://thetvdb.com/index.phptabseriesid81759

Ok,

1) Some good ideas there, I'll have a think about how to implement.

2) -

3) I suppose it wont hurt to be able to see pending requests, but I'm not sure if we will be overloading people with things they don't really want to see.

4) It was very quickly put together, if someone wants to mock up something better I'm happy to implement.

5) Yeah, the original idea was to have each section have a different highlight colour, and have the box areas have a similar tint to the highlights, but I'm trying to get functionality sorted out first.

6) Still not sure what I'm actually going to put there, maybe the show description, but doubt anyone will care for the show description, any ideas for content here, I'm all ears.

7) I'm not sure what you mean by TV Thumbs == landscape.jpg ? I actually need someone to come up with some text for the various sections.

8) That should have been fixed a while ago? the reg expression is now ereg_replace("[^a-zA-Z0-9:/?=&. ]

Anyway, thanks for the great constructive criticism Smile
KidKiwi Wrote:Great work on the additions to the site - it's really coming together. Love the google link to images and the TVDB link. Pending images is great to.

I'd like to be able to see other peoples pending images as well - as sometimes there are so many different possibilities. This also relates to my comment below about

What do you think about the ability to "Take Responsibility" for an image? At this point there is no way to know if someone else is doing the same logo. I've been caught several times - go to submit a logo, only to find someone else has just submitted one. If each creator could accept an image to create and that action removes it from the queue, along with the ability to add it again (make this a fixed period of time - just in case the creator doesn't get it done). Also, allow the creator the ability to put it back in queue if something in their life changes (or the image is too tough!).

There isn't a limit on images, if someone else has created a logo, that shouldn't stop you from adding one as well, don't want your effort to go to waste.

I do understand the request though. If enough people think this is a good idea I'll implement it, it's probably a bit complicated to implement if noone else wants it, there are plenty of things that still need doing.
I'll throw together text for the guidelines and such tomorrow after work, it's been a long damn week. >.>
Quote:Updated ClearArt Rules

Images must be in png format sized 500x281 pixels, no exceptions.
Clearart should contain images of character(s) or highly recognisable major items from the series as well as a recognisable series logo.
Use transparency in areas not filled with characters, logos, etc. If possible remove background elements like buildings.
Avoid cutting off the sides of characters, never cut off the top of their heads, and do not crop off any part of the logo.
Most skins align these on the bottom right of the screen so if you have no alternative but to crop a square edge do it on this side.
Character/logo traces should be clean or make use of a glow/shadow, we will NOT accept clearart with jagged edges or lazy tracing.

Input welcome, if you think I missed anything in my tired state.
hikaricore Wrote:Input welcome, if you think I missed anything in my tired state.

The only change I would recommend would be this:

Clearart should contain images of character(s) or highly recognizable, major items from the series as well as a recognisable series logo.

My reasoning is for shows such as Knight Rider or Doctor Who, where things like KITT or the TARDIS would work well for ClearART, since they're highly recognizable.
Kode Wrote:If enough people think this is a good idea I'll implement it, it's probably a bit complicated to implement if noone else wants it, there are plenty of things that still need doing.

Yeah...plenty to do. Just thought it might be a good idea. Need others to comment though. Ownership makes sense to me - but am I rational?? Laugh

Can you make the site automatically reject images if they are the wrong size?
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fanart.tv - Request and share ClearLOGO, ClearART and more Fan Artwork / Thumbs4