• 2(current)
WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps
this os looking real interesting. how do i install this aplication. i can't found any where the files or something like that.

wo can help me..
the link to the code is in the first post of this thread (3 jan).

to enable the functionality described in this thread you will need to modify the xbmc source code and then compile and run the patched version.

i am hoping that the patch will become part of the cvs soon.

nad

nad,

not sure what i'm doing wrong but i don't see the new buttons tab in the new version? do i need to do somthing in the build? under settings uper right corner it does show v.093..

lennon
lennon,

you should find two new files in the latest package, controller.map and controller.jpg. both these files need to be present in the xbmccontrol executable folder for the buttons tab to appear.

nad

this are looking great :kickass:

i would like to try this. but i cant find any files on sf.net to download. perhaps im looking in wrong place.

i found it Smile
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
uploaded v0.81 of the xbmc patch code. this adds a new
function xbmcgetmoviedetails. plus various bug fixes around
accesing media on shares.

also included v0.94 of the demo client which takes advantage
of the new xbmcgetmoviedetails function.

thanks to lennon for helping with the debuging.

nad

the patch is now part of the cvs.

i have uploaded to sourceforge a new version of the demo client (pocketpc and windows) which just includes a few bug fixes.

nad

where can i dl just the demo web pages? i dl'd a compiled build from 3/6/2005 already but it did not have your demo pages in it.

thanks
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
demo web pages?

if i am not mistaken, it is a client app for pocketpc.

i've used it and it rocks Smile

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sorry... i misunderstood... i thought the api was an extension of the http functionality that any browser could utilize. thus, thought there was a demo web page.

it would definitely be nice if the web browser version was extended for full control... basically an interface that changed the tv screens like a "remote control".

i have a touchscreen that would be perfect for that!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
i've been waiting for this for a long time. fantastic work. been playing with it for a few hours now...

not sure if there are any instructions out there, but it's pretty easy to figure out. once you sync the 3 files onto your pocket pc and run the app, an "xbmccontrol.ini.txt" file will be generated. edit this for your xbox ip address and also edit the shares named mp3s and videos to point to where you want to browse.

btw, does this support additional shares or just the 2 predefined ones?

i would love to learn how to incorporate these commands into other pocket pc apps. right now i'm testing netremote to control all of my home theater devices. i can either have netremote launch this one, or better yet merge them together somehow.

anyway, i'll keep playing with it for a while before i get too ahead of myself. thanks very much for sticking with it on this app. i've been quietly following it on the sidelines. since i am unable to compile xbmc, i was only recently able to get in now that it's in the newer builds. can't wait to see what happens with it now that it is going to be tested by the masses...

cheers.
great work nad!
finally in the cvs.
i will make new versions of my applications that take use of the new (much needed) functionality.
http://www.geocities.com/grundir4/xbmr/

i'm also thinking of making a mac os x version.
thanks for the complements guys.

i'm going to try and make some of the new http api functionality available through the web asp interface and then leave it for the web page developers to do their thing. i am not sure how well this will work compared to my pocketpc "rich client" interface. for example the asp code will need to periodically poll xbmc to up date the "current playing" information.

as far as instructions for the pocketpc demo application, you should find a readme.txt file with some user instructions. you can have as many shares (what the ini.txt file calls 'roots' as you like.)

i am not familiar with the netremote application. however, if you know any programing language available on the pocketpc you shouldn't have too many problems in using the api.

nad

nad, you might want to move the xbmccontroldesktop.exe.config file in xbmccontroldesktop out from the source dir as currently if you don't manually do this the deskop version won't work. had to enable debug to find out why.

and by the way, a config page instead of editing a txt file would be nice Smile + possibly using the new music nav stuff would also be pretty sweet.

another thing that would really handy, a way to tell xbmc to play a specific url (ie internet stream) withou having to create a strm file each time.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elepus:

i'll move xbmccontroldesktop.exe.config as you suggested, it was the result of creating the source folder just before uploading and without checking.

how do you suggest the internet stream url is handled? as a text box that a url can be typed in, or perhaps a text file that the user creates with one line per url and then the list is presented to the user?

nad

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebServer HTTP API (HttpApi): for PocketPC and Web-client Remote Control Apps0