Niclas7 Wrote:Hmm....don't think so since the CL NUI driver's don't exist anymore. I had completely removed them. When checking the devices in device manager I also cannot see any unwanted driver and device. Or do you think there are still remains left ? If yes, where can I find them to remove them ?
At least "dpinst-x86.exe" which is a part of the Sensor installation says that my drivers are fine and actual.
Oh well, after just having diconnected and reconnected the Kinect while having the device manager opened while showing hidden devices, Windows indead (re)installed a driver which was the XBOX NUI Audio driver !
So I uninstalled the driver via device manager and finally KinEmote can be started without any errors ! Although Windows still wants to reinstall the driver when disconnecting and reconnecting the Kinect. So now I have to get completely rid of the NUI thing.
But thanks for that hint pdeg69 !
Just wondering why I haven't seen this remaining driver before.... :\
Hi - I am having a similar/the same problem. I can't fix it with this method, though I might not be doing it correctly, would you mind seeing if you see where i'm going wrong? I am running windows 7.
1) I have installed OPENNI and the sensor driver
2) When I connect the Kinect, I get a pop up that the device has not been installed correctly
3) I test KinEmote, get the error Failed to open XML, cant create any node
4) Go to device manager, Kinect shows up as unknown device
5) I try to update with the drivers in C/programfiles/primesense, and windows determines the driver software is up to date.
6) Retest KinEmote, same error.
7) I go back to device manager, select show hidden devices
8) I disconnect and reconnect the Kinect, and retry step 5) and 6), no luck
9) I right click the unknown device and unistall the driver, and the device dissapears.
10) I disconnect and reconnect the device, and the whole process starts again.
This is where I get confused - you say you uninstall the wrong driver (what i think im doing at step 9) and KinEote starts to work - when I do this, the device just disappears and KinEmote continues to give me the same error (Though my error is slightly different from yours).
I also am not seeing anything that says xbox audio NUI.
Can you help? I really REALLY want to get kinect working with xbmc.