• 7(current)
KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows)
ducky2009 Wrote:I cannot install in this order. It may very well be something wrong with my setup, but I can't get the drivers to install before I install OpenNI. If I try to the install errors out with "Installation Failed! Could not register module with OpenNI!"

Is there something I need to install before the drivers?
Thanks

I also seem to be getting the same problem as ducky2009 and rog0003. I get the "Error initializing kinect sensor Application will shutdown" error when I start up Kinemote, and can also not install the programs in the correct order due to the "Installation Failed! Could not register module with OpenNI!" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
clarabel Wrote:...I get the "Error initializing kinect sensor Application will shutdown" error when I start up Kinemote...
check your framework installation, I also had this problem.
When i reinstall framework, kinemote works.
My sincere apologies, OpenNI should be installed first. Updated both Google Code and the previous post.
is there a tutorial for the xbmc live version?
Update

We are pleased to announce KinEmote version 0.3 has just got a Christmas Day update and now supports user-defined keymaps and virtual input, enabling you to map any key to any of the KinEmote gestures and send them to the currently active application.

Now you can use it with anything you like, not just Boxee and XBMC. Grab it from the Google Code link in the first post.

Merry christmas all! Big Grin
Awesome work, i can see many uses for this wonder what people are going to do with it.

Johnsel is there any plans for a linux version of kinemote? Sorry i forgot to ask last post. If so, when do you think we will see a version? i'd love to help but my coding skills have become very useless indeed hah Smile
I tested the new release, one think : Your job is very very good. I love so much your application. Great Job Smile.
At first: thanks for the great work !
I've been waiting for this since first mention of "Project Natal" (now "Kinect") !
Now I wanted to try it but cannot get it running.

Mediacenter: XBMC
Installation of OPENNI-Win32-1.0.0.23-Unstable.exe, SensorKinect-Win32-5.0.0.exe, NITE-Win32-1.3.0.17.exe

When starting "KinEmote" and choosing "Video/Show visual feed" I receive the following errors:

"Error initializing OpenNI."
"Tried to read or write in protected memory. ..."

When running KinEmote as administrator I get:

"Unknown USB device speed!"

When not choosing the visual feed and just trying to connect (localhost) KinEmote simply crashes whether running as or not as an administrator.

For installation I followed the "KinEmote 0.3 Instructions", entered the given key for the NITE Middleware and have XBMC running in the background.

Any ideas how to solve this problem ?
The Kinect itself has the green LED flashing but the device manager of Windows shows a PCI device and a pcouffin device with a yellow sign.

***UPDATE***

After having just installed the CL NUI Platform from Code Laboratories all drivers for the Kinect now seem to be complete. I also can see the right light (IR ?!) in the left "eye" of the device.
When now running Kinemote ad administrator I receive the following errors:

"Failed to open XML. Error: Can't create any node of the requested type!"

When choosing the visual feed I get:

"One or more of the following nodes could not be enumerated: Device: PrimeSense/SensorV2/5.0.0.24: The device is not connected!"

The last error ist strange since the device is connected and could be tested with the test application of the CL NUI platform. Although I couldn't see an image (only black screen) the axis bars moved and I was able to move the Kinect up and down and choose the LED status.

***UPDATE 2***

After having rebooted my PC the CL NUI Device Test now succesfully shows the camera's images. But KinEmote still fails with mentioned errors.
thekow Wrote:Awesome work, i can see many uses for this wonder what people are going to do with it.

Johnsel is there any plans for a linux version of kinemote? Sorry i forgot to ask last post. If so, when do you think we will see a version? i'd love to help but my coding skills have become very useless indeed hah Smile

A linux version will come eventually but the development of it has been put on hold currently.

Niclas7 Wrote:At first: thanks for the great work !
I've been waiting for this since first mention of "Project Natal" (now "Kinect") !
Now I wanted to try it but cannot get it running.

Mediacenter: XBMC
Installation of OPENNI-Win32-1.0.0.23-Unstable.exe, SensorKinect-Win32-5.0.0.exe, NITE-Win32-1.3.0.17.exe

For installation I followed the "KinEmote 0.3 Instructions", entered the given key for the NITE Middleware and have XBMC running in the background.

Any ideas how to solve this problem ?
The Kinect itself has the green LED flashing but the device manager of Windows shows a PCI device and a pcouffin device with a yellow sign.

At this stage a restart would most probably have solved your issue. Remove all other Kinect drivers installed and reinstall "SensorKinect-Win32-5.0.0.exe". OpenNI (and thus KinEmote) cannot communicate with the CL NUI drivers. If you still can't run KinEmote try the solutions given in this thread from the OpenNI board: http://groups.google.com/group/openni-de...8fc5fc0e8b
absolutely awesome, got it to work on my first try. the skin I'm using, back row, doesn't really work that great with it but the potential of this is really exciting.

Voice control obviously is what we all want and the possibility of that is unknown I'm aware but this progress so far is very, very impressive, great work Johnsel
The host running xbmc has to be Windows?

Couldn't I connect kinect to windows, running kinemote and type in the linux live xbmc's ip address?

I tried, and thought it would work. It should, at least you should make it work!
That would be a great solution while the linux dev is at a break Nod
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
crud Wrote:Voice control obviously is what we all want and the possibility of that is unknown I'm aware but this progress so far is very, very impressive, great work Johnsel

If that is the case, please take a look at VoxCommando voice control for xbmc Nod (Windows7/Vista only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJ3bSz-b2I
VoxCommando.com
tripkip Wrote:The host running xbmc has to be Windows?

Couldn't I connect kinect to windows, running kinemote and type in the linux live xbmc's ip address?

I tried, and thought it would work. It should, at least you should make it work!
That would be a great solution while the linux dev is at a break Nod

That's exactly why i put in the ip address field. I test it myself this way. You have to enable "Allow remote computers to control XBMC" or something like that in the System->Network configuration for it too work though.
Johnsel Wrote:At this stage a restart would most probably have solved your issue. Remove all other Kinect drivers installed and reinstall "SensorKinect-Win32-5.0.0.exe". OpenNI (and thus KinEmote) cannot communicate with the CL NUI drivers. If you still can't run KinEmote try the solutions given in this thread from the OpenNI board: http://groups.google.com/group/openni-de...8fc5fc0e8b

After having uninstalled the CL NUI drivers and the sensor I reinstalled the Sensor but still wasn't succesful in running KinEmote without errors. Even after a reboot of Windows I still receive the errors

"Error initializing NITE."
"Failed to open XML. Error: Unknown USB device speed!"

I checked the devices (even the hidden ones) and cannot find any remaining XBOX or CL devices. The sensor device only shows the motor but is obviously missing the camera driver.
When manually running the "dpinst-x86.exe" in the "Driver" folder in the installation folder of the sensor I only get the message that the latest driver already is succesfully installed.

I also checked the link you posted but none of the answers and tips helped solving the issue with KinEmote.
jitterjames Wrote:If that is the case, please take a look at VoxCommando voice control for xbmc Nod (Windows7/Vista only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcJ3bSz-b2I

awesome application, I tried using the ps3 eye and it picked up everynoise but my voice. I was checking out your site and I mighyt go for that remote with the mic in it. great work man, really just awesome
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows)1