• 3(current)
KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows)
Johnsel Wrote:It should work perfectly fine from 3 meters, what doesn't work? Hand recognition or the scrolling itself?

Didn't seem to recognize my hand. Tried for a while.. But here's the funny part. I moved the couch litterally 25 cm closer and now it works perfectly. The couch is about 3.6 meters back normally.

Now i'm eagerly awaiting a new release with new gestures to try out Smile
Lol, that's interesting. Will see if there's a max distance set somewhere, think I saw that option in OpenNI somewhere Smile
Hello friend,

I did several tests and found that lack at least one window in this initial stage of reference to know how the system is capturing our gestures.

Another doubt I have is how did you do to control the mouse in the second demo you posted on Youtube, because in many ways and tried unsuccessfully.

In most work and congratulations continue.
Thanks!
douglas.teofilo Wrote:Hello friend,

I did several tests and found that lack at least one window in this initial stage of reference to know how the system is capturing our gestures.
I'm very sorry but I don't really understand what you mean with this. Do you want a notification when the program has initialized? When a hand is recognized it already sends a notification...

douglas.teofilo Wrote:Another doubt I have is how did you do to control the mouse in the second demo you posted on Youtube, because in many ways and tried unsuccessfully.
Mouse control is not included in this release, it's too sensitive to click something right
Really nice demo mate.

Do you think we can compile it with Mono for linux os ?

Regards.
Johnsel Wrote:I'm very sorry but I don't really understand what you mean with this. Do you want a notification when the program has initialized? When a hand is recognized it already sends a notification...

Mouse control is not included in this release, it's too sensitive to click something right

Maybe I have expressed myself badly but I was wondering if it would be possible to create a window that displays real-time our gestures as exists on the Xbox 360 that is located in the lower right corner.

On the control of the mouse did not seem so sensitive when I saw the video on Youtube. Big Grin
it built just fine under mono, but i have no kinect to test with Smile
Thanks Succo

I've never played with mono yet. Will takes the time to read some doc & test this. But if there's interaction with windows drivers, I'm not sure it can work natively in linux without making some slight changes in the code.
Johnsel Wrote:Source:
Google Code
it builds with mono, really can't test if it really works
Johnsel Wrote:Requirements:
OpenNI http://openni.org/sites/default/files/OP...0.0.23.exe
linux version here for 32 bit or here for 64
Johnsel Wrote:PrimeSense NITE http://downloads.primesense.com/NITE-Win32-1.3.0.17.exe
there is a linux version available here
Johnsel Wrote:Kinect patched PrimeSense PSDK Driver https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect/ra...-5.0.0.exe
this one i guess you will have to download source and build on your own from https://github.com/avin2/SensorKinect
all we need is someone with linux and kinect to test it Smile
I've no experience with C++, but have attempted to use the OpenNI libraries to build a similar Linux-based plug. I'm having problems, however, with compiling a basic Hello World with linked OpenNI headers. It appears I'm not alone:

http://www.openframeworks.cc/forum/viewt...816#p25816

Here are the errors:

Code:
/home/user/src/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/kinect_test_4/src/ni/include/XnStatus.h|54|error: two or more data types in declaration of ‘parameter’|
/home/user/src/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/kinect_test_4/src/ni/include/XnStatus.h|63|error: two or more data types in declaration of ‘parameter’|
/home/user/src/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/kinect_test_4/src/ni/include/XnStatus.h|72|error: two or more data types in declaration of ‘parameter’|
/home/user/src/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/kinect_test_4/src/ni/include/XnStatus.h|72|error: expected ‘)’ before ‘,’ token|
/home/user/src/openFrameworks/apps/myApps/kinect_test_4/src/ni/include/XnStatus.h|72|error: expected unqualified-id before ‘const’|

I still haven't found an answer to the errors I'm receiving. If there are any Linux developers out there who've successfully compiled using the OpenNI libraries, please let me know!

Thanks to Johnsel for sharing his development progress and code (and for his time in helping me out - us extreme newbies are a frustrating lot!) Sorry for what appears to be cross-posting, but my aim is to recreate Johnsel's code in C++, so I think this post is relevant here Big Grin
succo Wrote:all we need is someone with linux and kinect to test it Smile

FYI, succo, following the instructions here: http://www.keyboardmods.com/2010/12/howt...leton.html I've successfully built and installed the OpenNI samples, and have had fun tracking my skeleton, drawing with my hands, selecting and 'clicking' with gestures etc. on i386 Ubuntu 10.10.

Including the libraries in a fresh project, however, is turning out to be a problem. I'm wanting to develop this in C++ to steer clear from a Mono dependency, as well as offer further development fun with C++ libraries such as OpenFrameworks.

I think I've set myself a bit of a mountain to climb. I've had previous coding experience, but this C++ stuff is making my head hurt.

Update: It seems I have an awful lot to learn about c++, including what the file extensions look like. For some reason, I'd created a c project in CodeBlocks rather than a c++ one. My face is justifiably red.
Thank you for a wonderful little program tested it today and it works Smile YEY!
i just have one suggestion when i move my hand towards kinect to get it recogniced it almost always enter the movie at the same time thats a bit annoying.. is it hard to do it so you make a "grip" motion (make a fist) to enter the movie/menu so those moves dont get mixed up? Smile thank you again and looking forward to the next update ^^
Congrats this is awesome. How difficult would it be to get this running on xbmc live?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
For some reason I just cant get this to work.

Could someone give me more specific details on how to get this working?

I have installed the drives/software, when I test Ni simple read ect or Ni viewer it finds the kineckt and the infrared camera starts.

I then execute the alpha app for kinect xbmc control and type 127.0.0.1 in the ip adress box and press the kinect button. The infrared kinect camera lights up. I then launch xbmc. An check the box allow programs on other systems control xbmc. the windows firewall have been disabled during testing.

I have also installed .net 3.5 sp1. Some help would be appriciated

Btw, is this app supposed to work on Win Xp or is it Windows 7 only ?
Hi

I've tested it with a windows laptop connecting to my linux xbmc. It works really well for a first try.
I've found the push hand gesture to detect hand, left right, up down controls too.

Have you you implemented yet other gesture I've missed ?

Like quit a video, get film info ?

Cheers.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KinEmote - Kinect Driven Media Control (OpenNI based open source project for Windows)1