Netflix View for XBMC - Feedback wanted
Here is a video of my interface for the new XBMCFLICKS plugin.

I would like everyone's opinion. Thanks!

Video Preview: Link

Screenshots:

Press up and you get...

To learn more, click here.
WoW!

thats really really good!!

Keep it up!!
having never user netflix I'd say it looks the same. but wouldn't it be better to go the other way and make netflix look like the skin and not stand out as different? (I assume its using the POC netflix addon and not just a movie view
I think it looks awesome!
Jezz_X Wrote:having never user netflix I'd say it looks the same. but wouldn't it be better to go the other way and make netflix look like the skin and not stand out as different? (I assume its using the POC netflix addon and not just a movie view

I agree also, make XBMC stand out by having Netflix look skin specific. but I'm not a Netflix guy either so maybe the Netflix users would perfer that look...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Just what I'd personally change:

- Changed header background slightly.
- Changed XBMC Flicks logo to one similar to the actual Netflix one.
- Changed clock icon and font size.
- Changed the shadow on the posters. Lighter shadow ONLY below it, 90°. (Would be for all posters, not just focussed as shown in the picture)

Does the little grey bar serve a purpose? I'd maybe think about removing that also.

Interaction seems a little off for me too. You're pressing UP for content that appears below/from the bottom. Huh

Nice work so far though. Cool
I agree that its better to have a custom Netflix look rather than the same Netflix UI. e.g. Xbox, PS3, WMC all ahve a different NEtflix interface and they look great and IMO more usable than the standard one.

Most devices are limited in the amount of data they can process and thus the standard UI only shows one movie at a time. PC's (and consoles) are a lot more powerful. In fact I think the best way would be to make a 'Netflix movie provider' as a video source, and it would integrate into standard movie views. I don't know if that's possible using XBMC architecture.
i really think that its really nice to have a similar NetFlix UI....

NetFlix users are used to it and i really think that its a good idea...

Maybe have an option to switch between the interfaces for XBMC-FliCKS!!

So who Ever wants the normal skin NetFlix interface will be able to do so!

But continue to develop your new interface because its really really good!
I know the name of the script (add-on) is called XBMCflix......................but I think it would look better if the UI window said "Netflix on XBMC" or "Netflix for XBMC".

That way, it is known by the user........"This is Netflix" on my XBMC, and not a reproduction of the Netflix UI for XBMC.

Our community is kinda known for "reproducing" other UIs...............(ex: MC360, Xtv, Metro and Xperience) Which isn't a bad thing but new users may get confused.

Just my 2 cent though..................

I've really been waiting for Netflic on XBMC.............so either way, I'm happy.
looks good dude i wish netflix/hulu was available in the rest of the world other than America renders the boxeebox/roku/bluray players/google tv absolutely useless paperweights from what i know it looks like netflix interface will tell you in 10 years when it makes it to NZ lol
Looks good to me. Now if they could just make MS Silverlight "magically" work on Linux. I hate the fact that Netflix uses Silverlight as it allows you only to use Windows.......no love for the Mac users out there either. Nice work though.

-hogfan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix View for XBMC - Feedback wanted0