What is the purpose of the Trailer button?
I have been looking through my library of movies and notice some have the trailer button active, while others have no trailer button at all. So why even have a trailer button on the info screen if it just plays the trailer for the movie we already have?

I bring this up just for other thoughts on the subject.

What I find is that having the Home Cinema Experience add-on enabled, lets me play trailers for new movies coming out, which is alot more interesting watching than the trailer for the movie I am about to watch or have watched.
I would guess it's for people who haven't seen the movie. I'm not the only one that uses my XBMC box, and not everyone in my house has seen everything on it
Harro Wrote:I have been looking through my library of movies and notice some have the trailer button active, while others have no trailer button at all. So why even have a trailer button on the info screen if it just plays the trailer for the movie we already have?

I bring this up just for other thoughts on the subject.

What I find is that having the Home Cinema Experience add-on enabled, lets me play trailers for new movies coming out, which is alot more interesting watching than the trailer for the movie I am about to watch or have watched.

1. Not everyone has every Movie memorized, thus trailer is helpful

2. Home Cinema Experience is very cool, but theres probably tons of people who think it would be annoying. Thats the point of addons, if you like that feature download it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Or another reason is this. What if you are having friend's over or family and flipping through to choose a movie and they haven't heard of it (or haven't seen it in ages and mostly forgot), you hit the trailer button to watch it and probably get "Yeah, that look's interesting, let's watch that", or "Man, i remember seeing that, let's watch that!!". It's great!!
I'm just saying that with all the cool info that a person has available already on the info screen, people that haven't seen the movie can pretty much get the drift of whether or not they will watch it. With the genre, rating, plot and cast, a person has all they need to make up thier mind.
But I guess watching is alot easier than reading....hehe
I went thru the trouble to download a trailer for every movie in my collection. I love it both for the function, especially movies my wife hasn't seen, and the form, it looks dead seski!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the purpose of the Trailer button?0