Why upgrade?
Hi guys

I have been using xbmc now for 1-2years and it works pretty much bang on. What would the advantage be to upgrading to the new dharma build? Just it's took me ages to get the I have to scrap and work ok. I also use the aeon skin. I don't want to upgrade and it all go wrong. Also does anyone know if the xbmc iPhone app works with dharma

(I say it works perfect. Non of the net stuff works anymore. You tube etc. And just over the last few months any film that I put in appears at the front of the list and not in alphabetical order with the rest)
Upgrading gives you much more options, in my opinion. Many of the developers are writing various plugins that are NOT backwards compatible due to the way XBMC handles them (in my understanding)..... Not only that, you get different skins that will not work with older builds..... some issues have been ironed out as well. Aeon will still work for you, but you'll find better skins imho Smile Try night for example.

The iPhone app will work, because it relies on a protocol which is implemented into XBMC - does not matter what build is being used as long as it is implemented and set up.
Wicked. Thanks for the quick reply

I might just go for it at the weekend then (misses at work lol)

I've never been able to get things like trailer plugins. Etc to work so hopefully I need to get my head round it all again. All the background stuff is totally over my head. I'm an in-between user reslly. I know more about media/pc set ups than everyone I know but I come on here and feel like I can't even turn a plug on lmao. Different level totally.

It's one impressive program though
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

enough reasons? ;-)
Ooooooookkkkkk. Lol

I will admit 99.9% of that list went over my head but it looks impressive. I have just had s sneaky look at aeon mq 2.5 skin aswell and wow does it look impressive. Especially the fact you can put in your own menus. Hopefully it's not too complicated. Quite fancy a movies and a seperate hd movies section. And home vids bla bla.

I'm going to be busy
lotus Wrote:(I say it works perfect. Non of the net stuff works anymore. You tube etc. And just over the last few months any film that I put in appears at the front of the list and not in alphabetical order with the rest)

Does anyone know why this is? I also have the same issue even though its been working for months
well its downloading, and will get aeon mq2.5 aswell i think

wooohooo here goes nothing
sprite1 Wrote:Does anyone know why this is? I also have the same issue even though its been working for months

Yes, the imdb scraper in camelot doesn't work correctly anymore. Problem is solved in dharma. Search the forum for a walkaround for camelot
Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
Well mines installed and scraper is amazing. Got everything and really fast. Not looked into the skins toys yet but looks amazing

Having issue with a stutter on playback and audio out of sink a little though. Might need a reboot
lotus: did you enable hardware acceleration in the video settings and the option for changing the refresh rate? it's not enabled by default.
No I haven't done either. Thanx for that I will do it as soon as I get home. Sounds like a plan to me.

The add ons are reslly good aswell. Will be trying to sort it all at the weekend I hope.
lotus, hold off...

i had camelot running perfect on my system and was thinking the exact same thing as you... so i went to dharma (RC2 now) and i have bugs everywhere...

hold off for the final release, im thinking a lot of the bugs will be fixed by then, yes dharma has some additional things camelot doesn't, but if i had the choice now (seeing how dharma runs) i would have held off till final.

i have a friend running dharma on windows base and he says its perfect... im running on unix, i think thats the cause of alot of bugs *cough* resolution, menu sounds... *cough*
apeg Wrote:lotus, hold off...

i had camelot running perfect on my system and was thinking the exact same thing as you... so i went to dharma (RC2 now) and i have bugs everywhere...

hold off for the final release, im thinking a lot of the bugs will be fixed by then, yes dharma has some additional things Camelot doesn't, but if i had the choice now (seeing how dharma runs) i would have held off till final.

(i have a friend running dharma on windows base and he says its perfect... im running on unix, i think thats the cause of alot of bugs *cough* resolution, menu sounds... *cough*

What type of bugs? I've been running dharma on ubuntu 10.4 since beta 2. I haven't had any problems at all. In my opinion its just as stable as camolot, (if not more so).
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:What type of bugs? I've been running dharma on ubuntu 10.4 since beta 2. I haven't had any problems at all. In my opinion its just as stable as camolot, (if not more so).

Same here. I have had a much more stable experience since moving to dharma.
htpc guy Wrote:What type of bugs? I've been running dharma on ubuntu 10.4 since beta 2. I haven't had any problems at all. In my opinion its just as stable as camolot, (if not more so).

i don't want to hijack this thread, ive created my own posts in hopes of getting some pointers, here they are:

Resolution resetting 1080 after resume sleep? Revo 1600

Subtitles off by default?

1080p screeching pause

on top of that im still struggling with menu sounds, i've tried a bunch of different suggestions and cant get that fixed either.

of those bugs only the 1080 screeching was happening with camolot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why upgrade?0