Getting my media from my external hd on apple tv to xbmc
First off hi to all forum members who read this, very sorry this is a newbie question , but I have done really well on my own so far but I'm now stuck, hope someone can help me if not no worries. And appologise if this has been asked but I've searched and can't find anything,

Ok well basically I have used the free patchstick and I have got xbmc working and nito tv working on my apple tv, when I go to files in nito I can see my external hd but when i go to xbmc I can't see it, I'm sure it just some sort of initial set up but I'm stuck, basically I want to add my media from the hd to xbmc so it goes and gets the covers and the various data,

I hope someone can send me a link to a step by step guide for this or help talk me through it

Thanks again Smile
Fiction6 Wrote:First off hi to all forum members who read this, very sorry this is a newbie question , but I have done really well on my own so far but I'm now stuck, hope someone can help me if not no worries. And appologise if this has been asked but I've searched and can't find anything,

Ok well basically I have used the free patchstick and I have got xbmc working and nito tv working on my apple tv, when I go to files in nito I can see my external hd but when i go to xbmc I can't see it, I'm sure it just some sort of initial set up but I'm stuck, basically I want to add my media from the hd to xbmc so it goes and gets the covers and the various data,

I hope someone can send me a link to a step by step guide for this or help talk me through it

Thanks again Smile

if you see your ext HD under NitoTv then all you need to do is "add source" in XBMC and the files will be there

go Videos-> Files -> add source

in there go: Browse -> Volumes and select your HD

edit: and welcome to the forums Smile
Hi amet

Thanks for the reply well I can't believe how easy that was cheers for the help, I just didn't realise it was under volumes cheers for that. I'm yet to add my media. Will it get the covers and imdb on it's own when I add source

Cheers again
look here, http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Content_...Library%29

my suggestion is to set it like this:

Code:
/Volumes/<your ext HDD>/Movies/movie 1
                                 |__ movie 1.avi
                             /movie 2
                                 |__ movie 2.avi
                             /movie 3
                                 |__ movie 3.avi
                             / you get the picture :)

/Volumes/<your ext HDD>/TvShows/The Big Bang Theory
                                              |__ Season 1
                                                      |__ The Big Bang Theory S01E01.avi
                                                      |__ The Big Bang Theory S01E02.avi
                                                      |__ .............
                                              |__ Season 2
                                                      |__ The Big Bang Theory S02E01.avi
                                                      |__ The Big Bang Theory S02E02.avi
                                                      |__ .............
                                          /Bones
                                               |__ Season 1
                                                      |__ Bones S01E01.avi
                                                      |__ Bones S01E02.avi
                                                      |__ .............
                                               |__ Season 2
                                                      |__ Bones S02E01.avi
                                                      |__ Bones S02E02.avi
                                                      |__ .............

ad one source for "/Volumes/<your ext HDD>/Movies/" , set content "movies" and select your scraper, other for "/Volumes/<your ext HDD>/TvShows" ,set content "tv shows" and select your scraper for tvshows

there is option to automatically scan the source(not sure exactly what its called), select that and the source will be selected

search around wiki for the proper naming convention and look at IMDB and thetvdb to make sure the movies/tvshows are named correctly

Cheers and GL
Thanks I managed to sort the movies basically I have a separate folder in my ex hd called movies and just chucked them all in there and works a treat,

but am lost on the tv series basically I did a new folder on the ex hd called tv series then another folder in there saying dexter then had all the eps for that series but none of them show up even though they are there, I'm sure I will find it. The movie stuff has gone and got the backdrop and cover for each film but no info.

Cheers again for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting my media from my external hd on apple tv to xbmc0