Qlock2 - Word Clock in Text for XBMC (Replica of Biegert & Funk CLOCKTWO)
Thumbs Up 
We have coded the Qlock2 http://www.qlocktwo.com/ as a background effekt.
At this point, there is only a german layout available.
"Diaries", Code, Pictures and Video:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...2&pageNo=1
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
nice, any chance you could share what you have, in english ?

we should be able to just replace the front panel word layout and rest should be the same, code wise

Cheers,
amet
Would love to see this in English!!!
Hi,
one problem is, we're not using the strings.xml (word based) yet, but we're using grouped characters (or 1-letter strings from xml).
If you change the language, there are also changes in layout, because translation differs in length and postiton, so you cannnot just change the words/letters.
But of course you can use or modify the "engine", about 30 "boolean" controls for the visible conditions in the front panel, it is posted in the linked thread above.
(or see here: http://paste2.org/p/1145659)
The easiest way would be to use strings.xml and format output to fit in the layout, if possible. Or just use graphics from different paths. Or find universal layout.

f
freaksworth is not connected to or in any other way affiliated with XBMC, Team XBMC, or the XBMC Foundation.
If some english-speaking guys would at least make a little matrix like this:

or could give us some text-based times, i think it wouldn't be that much work.

by now i'm not sure, if my english is good enough to spell the right words at the right time.
"it is twenty past nine"?
"it is ten to half ten"?
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
looking at their site, it tells me its "es ist funf nacht elf" or "it is five past eleven"

so the times are :

"it is"
----- five
----- ten
----- a quarter
----- twenty
----- twenty + five
----- half

"past" or "to"

----- one
----- two
----- three
----- four
----- five
----- six
----- seven
----- eight
----- nine
----- ten
----- eleven
----- twelve

obviously "half" wont be used in "to" context and "o'clock" gets used on full hour e.g "it is one o'clock"

if you send me the "editable" matrix I could certainly do it, will PM you my e-mail

Cheers,
amet
here is the matrix

as far as I know, the times are the same in English as they are in German

vor == to , nach == past, uhr == o'clock, rest are just numbers Smile

Cheers,
amet
Amet Wrote:as far as I know, the times are the same in English as they are in German

vor == to , nach == past, uhr == o'clock, rest are just numbers Smile

Yes that's generally right there is only one exception:
- In English you say "Half past eight"
- In German you say "Halb Neun".

First of all there os no "past" or it's equivalent "nach" and furthermore it uses the next hour and not the current one (you kind of look forward to the next hour and not backwards at the current hour).

EDIT: Didn't you miss the "past" fields for all the "half" values like "half past one"?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:Yes that's generally right there is only one exception:
- In English you say "Half past eight"
- In German you say "Halb Neun".

First of all there os no "past" or it's equivalent "nach" and furthermore it uses the next hour and not the current one (you kind of look forward to the next hour and not backwards at the current hour).

EDIT: Didn't you miss the "past" fields for all the "half" values like "half past one"?

http://www.qlocktwo.com/ disagrees with you Smile

"es ist funf nacht elf" =="it is five past eleven"

I was just translating what was given there Smile
Amet Wrote:http://www.qlocktwo.com/ disagrees with you Smile

"es ist funf nacht elf" =="it is five past eleven"

I was just translating what was given there Smile

No it doesn't disagree Wink What I mentioned only applies to "half" == "halb". For everything else it's "... nach <current hour>" only for "half past <current hour>" it's "halb <next hour>" in german.
In English the switch from <current hour> to <next hour> happens at "quarter TO <next hour"> but in german it already changes at "fünf vor halb <next hour>" which is "fife to half past <current hour>" in english.

If I'm wrong I might need to destroy my german passport Wink

Did you look at my edited comment about the missing "past" in your table?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
In the german table above the times on the very left apply to the base of 12 o'clock. So it should e.g. be "quarter past twelve" and not "quarter past one" and so on.
Montellese Wrote:No it doesn't disagree ;-) What I mentioned only applies to "half" == "halb". For everything else it's "... nach <current hour>" only for "half past <current hour>" it's "halb <next hour>" in german.

If I'm wrong I might need to destroy my german passport Wink

Did you look at my edited comment about the missing "past" in your table?

ah, okay .. understand now Smile

I just translated the table values, waiting to see if donabi can get us a instructions in english to mod this. even if its german clock it would still show how its done and make it easier to do in english

I _think_ it will be simpler in english as it doesnt have the above mentioned "rules", once I start making a serbian one it will apply there Wink
Montellese Wrote:In the german table above the times on the very left apply to the base of 12 o'clock. So it should e.g. be "quarter past twelve" and not "quarter past one" and so on.

understood now how it works, will get the proper one out in a sec
I'd be willing to put together the english table if I could get my hands on the editable version. Send me a pm or something if you want me to do it.

that make more sense??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Qlock2 - Word Clock in Text for XBMC (Replica of Biegert & Funk CLOCKTWO)1