building new pc ?
I wana building new pc
to use it as media center for xbmc can help me what is good hardware for my pc

* speed
* hd driver ( h.264 support )
I'm running XBMC on an AMD Athlon II X2 260. If think any other hardware you get to use this CPU (motherboard, RAM, etc.) will work fine.

Are you looking for something small (ITX) or normal sized (ATX)?

if you want to step up to the i3 or i5 processors you should be good to go too. Big Grin

I would recommend the following page for help too:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Supported_hardware
thank
normal sized

I think

CPU : ?
Graphic card : GT 220 ( or u suggestion other one)
ram : 2 or 4
Audio : PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series
You need to be more specific with your requirements. There are literally hundreds of systems that are able to run xbmc.

You first need an idea of what you will be using it for.

Will you be using it for just playing video? If so, will the video be streamed from a network or stored locally? What sort of screen will it be playing on? Will you be using the TVs own speakers, or do you have a 3rd party audio system? Do you want a beast of a machine that can run the latest games, or a small system that can just about manage HD playback? Do you want to spend as little as possible, or have you got some money to burn?

People here tend to have their own systems tailored to their individual needs. We can't recommend for or against anything specific if we don't know the situation.

I suggest you take a bit of time and do some research into the current market. Trawl the forums a bit, see what systems other people are building. Try to pick up on what's available, what's worth spending money on, and what isn't.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
I be using it for just playing video (xbmc only)
I have lcd sony tv + Onkyo ( home theater) + ( i like to add xbmc system )
ab1x Wrote:CPU : ?
Graphic card : GT 220 ( or u suggestion other one)
ram : 2 or 4
Audio : PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series

One thing to note: the GT220 comes with a really good sound card built in. A X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro is a waste.

If you want a full sized or mATX machine then:

CPU: i3/i5
RAM: 2Gb (for live/linux, more if you use windows)
GPU: Nvidia 430
HDD: Solid state hard drive (assuming you have your media stored else where)
PSU: ~300W (semi fanless or fanless if you want)
CASE: Personal preference

Stream the audio over HDMI and let your receiver decode it all (so no need for a sound card).

That's about as specific as you can get based on the OP (and even then I had to make some assumptions).
thank u Targettio and all
that info what i look 4 it
but is Nvidia 430 good 4 h.264
GT430 is maybe the most perfect HTPC card ever built, just do a board search Wink

just go for what poofy and targettio advised, this will result in a very powerful and fully-featured HTPC build.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
thank 4 all
CPU: i3
RAM: 4Gb
GPU: Nvidia 430
HDD: ( 1 hhd for system torrent prog and xbmc only + (open size )usb hhd 4 media stored )
PSU: ~300W
CASE: Personal preference
ab1x Wrote:HDD: ( 1 hhd for system torrent prog and xbmc only + (open size )usb hhd 4 media stored )

so then get a small (40 to 64GB) SSD for the system; poofy recommends OCZ SSDs with sandforce controller, my personal fave for HTPC is the 40GB intel. whatever suits you best (and comes cheaper).
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
building new pc ?0