XBMC Live - Zotac Mag HD-ND01
Andrew307 Wrote:Did you get the Zotac MAG HD-ND01? Is it full 1080P?
yessir i did, and yessir, it will. Overall, I love the box. Dualbooting Windows 7 and XBMC Live without a hitch. Horrible wifi signal is my only complaint.
Excellent! I ordered mine last week, should be here after the new year. Did you have to do anything special with the Live version? Drivers, bios updates, etc?
I am thinking about getting one of these as well.. but I want wireless to work. Is there any reason I couldn't change out the PCI-E wireless card with a different one?
andrew307: Nice, i think you'll like it! I didn't do anything special, I just installed the Live .iso from a unetbootin prepared usb in the regular ol' fashion way.
If you're wanting to try wireless (which you'll need to be within 20 uninterrupted feet from the router it seems like) you'll need to learn how to enable wireless through command terminal, which isn't too difficult.
I only had two real obstacles initially. First, learning where all the settings were in the bios... it was a bit too difficult to boot from usb in my opinion, i don't remember what I changed, but initially booting from usb wasn't an option in the boot priority list. You may also have to change some settings within XBMC to get audio over hdmi to work, but nothing too difficult. All in all it probably took me 3 hours to set up the dual boot, and get XBMC running the way i wanted it, on my first try. I think I could do it significantly faster now though (45 mins?)

actionfreak: I'm not really all that great with hardware... this is why I didn't buy a bare bones system. However, if you can find a card that fits the case I don't think it should be a problem, on the other hand, a user, fishoil, on the Linux/Live forums, suggested this, and said it worked for him: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6833130066
@thanamesjames: Thanks for the info! I have no interest in wireless. Ill be streaming all my content (mostly 1080p MKvs) through a gigabit wired network from my UnRaid server. Can wait for it show up! Stupid military shipping... takes forever!
How smooth is menu navigation? Thanks!
maxinc Wrote:How smooth is menu navigation? Thanks!
Navigation itself is very quick. If you have the fan art as your background for movies though, it sometimes takes a 1/2 to full second for the next movie's picture to pop up. It's nowhere near a deal breaker, but its noticeable. I will say that this is default settings, I haven't tried to tweak or optimize at all. Maybe there is a way to speed it up? Regardless, it's hardly a "problem"
Anyone who has this, do you guys know if there is a way to disable the beep when it turns on, and the different lights on it, including the orange circle? Thanks.
Got mine in today Smile Got everything installed (straight XBMC live install). Everything works great, exept 1080p MKV files get a little choppy every 5 seconds or so. Any suggestions?
That's strange, I'm seeing no WLAN or audio (hdmi) support with a straight Live install.
Andrew307 Wrote:Got mine in today Smile Got everything installed (straight XBMC live install). Everything works great, exept 1080p MKV files get a little choppy every 5 seconds or so. Any suggestions?
Hmmm... I only have a 720p TV, and thus I have no files in 1080p, but I've heard of people having no problems playing them. I don't know where but I think you can dedicate more memory for video somewhere in the bios? See if you can't find that... unfortunately I've never done it, but seem to remember someone else suggesting it when I was doing my research before I bought the box.
pmow Wrote:That's strange, I'm seeing no WLAN or audio (hdmi) support with a straight Live install.
Make sure everything is set to HDMI in Audio Settings. Then disable Dolby Digital if you don't have support for it. Then go to Programs > Audio Mixer and unmute the two "e" channels. Should work at that point.

As for wifi, I used this guide and it worked great.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...icd-curses
thanamesjames Wrote:Anyone who has this, do you guys know if there is a way to disable the beep when it turns on, and the different lights on it, including the orange circle? Thanks.

My DDR3 hasn't arrived yet so I can't power it up yet BUT by looking inside there is a red / black wire connector marked BL (back light) near the top USB. Removing that will disable the orange circle.

The other LEDs can be disabled with some black masking tape on top of the small LEDs marked HDD_LED and LAN_LED.

As for the buzzer (marked SK1 just under the battery), you can reduce it's volume considerably by putting a sticker to cover it up.

Looking at the antennas, I can see why so many people have complained about the WiFi signal strength.
On a different note, anyone knows if this Zotac can be woken up by IR remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live - Zotac Mag HD-ND010