Manually setting movies/tv shows to watch
Is there any way to manually set a bunch of videos and TV shows to watched? I'm transitioning from MediaPortal to XBMC and would like to set all the shows and movies I've seen to watched, but I haven't found a way to do it quickly. I checked the NFO files and I also inspected the database, but didn't see anywhere in either of them where I could do that. Any ideas how I could accomplish this?
W on the keyboard toggles watched status. I don't know of an automated way to do it.
-stoli-
So what happens if you insert
Code:
<playcount>1</playcount>
into the nfo file? I've never bothered to try but it seems like it would make it possible to automate the process.
If you don't have the keyboard, pressing the title button in the remote will bring up a menu where you can mark as watched.

Some of the more advanced alternate web interfaces (That you can install in addons) also have the functionality where you can just browse the library and set items as watched.
Alternatively, if you don't mind doing some SQL, you can simply open up the databases and make the changes directly. You could even write a script to do this. Doesn't get much more direct than that in my opinion.
or map "togglewatched" to a button on the remote.
Hiram Wrote:Alternatively, if you don't mind doing some SQL, you can simply open up the databases and make the changes directly. You could even write a script to do this. Doesn't get much more direct than that in my opinion.

That's what I wanted to do, but I opened the database and couldn't find the right field to update. Anybody know which field in which table?
The only field I can see that would be related is the playCount field on the files table. Setting that to a numeric value of at least one would probably leave the corresponding TV show or movie "watched".
Hiram Wrote:The only field I can see that would be related is the playCount field on the files table. Setting that to a numeric value of at least one would probably leave the corresponding TV show or movie "watched".

Hmmmm, interesting. I'm pretty sure I checked some episodes that I had watched and the playCount field was still 0. But I'll re-check to be safe. Thanks for the suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manually setting movies/tv shows to watch0