[MOD] Cinema Experience (Home Theater Experience Script) support in Confluence
Thumbs Up 
I am running Darma RC2 and wanted the Cinema Experience from this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563 to run when I play a movie.
Searching around I found that with opening the DialogVideoInfo.xml in the skin.confluence/720p folder and adding this
Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
      <description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
      <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
      <label>Cinema</label>
      <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
      <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
      <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>
I now had a Cinema button on my info screen of movies that would launch the Cinema Experience script.

Thought I would pass along this info for others intersted in this. Note just installed the XBMC 10 and did same edit and works also.

Since Eden has come out I have change the <control type="button" id="13"> to <control type="button" id="14"> and this seems to work fine again in Eden.
It's awesome !!!

especially with trailers before movie
Smile 
where exactly do u add this code at the bottom or the begginning thank you, i know how to add the code i just need to know where in the file exactly to put it
derbycity Wrote:where exactly do u add this code at the bottom or the begginning thank you, i know how to add the code i just need to know where in the file exactly to put it

I added the code at the end.
Code:
Exististing code -------->        <control type="button" id="15">
                        <description>Play Trailer Windowed</description>
                        <label>20410</label>
                        <onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onclick>
                        <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Trailer) + Skin.HasSetting(WindowedTrailer)</visible>
                    </control>
New Code------------>            <control type="button" id="13">
                          <description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
                          <label>Cinema</label>
                          <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                        <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
                          <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
                    </control>
Existing code------->               </control>
            </control>
        </control>
        <include>SideBladeRight</include>
        <include>Clock</include>
    </controls>
</window>
Smile 
ok thank you now i got itBig Grin
Awesome job
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Just tried inserting that code with HTE 1.0.9 and XBMC 10 and no option is coming up in the movie info window for "Cinema".

Any ideas?
on the info page of the movie, if the movie has a trailer button , then the cinema button will be after that button and off screen , use the arrow key to scroll past the trailer button.
Harro YOU ROCK!!!!
Thanks Bro

(scroll to the right......past trailer, just off the screen)
That made me feel like a total Jackass!
If you dont know how to edit XML files is there anyone who could link the edited file?
Kinda off topic.. but if you don't want to have one of the buttons in the info screen just find the <control. for it and delete it.

Ex. I don't use the 'Get Thumb' or 'Get Fanart' buttons (because I get these with 3rd party tools) so have deleted those controls from the file.

With those buttons deleted, 'Cinema' is visible onscreen.
Where do you edit the file cannot remember where my skin folder is in root dir
Mrkennedy Wrote:Where do you edit the file cannot remember where my skin folder is in root dir

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogVideoInfo.xml
Thais is in windows
I was wondering if you knew how we could add the script to the play button so that everytime you pressed played it would automatically start the script?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:I was wondering if you knew how we could add the script to the play button so that everytime you pressed played it would automatically start the script?

So something that would trigger the CE from the library view to play movie. Correct.

I have been playing around with it also, Will let you know what I come up with.

So you can open up the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps and make a copy of the keyboard.xml

then find a key you would like to use, example
Code:
<k>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</k>

Now when hitting the k button in library view of any movie the CE will start before hand. If you use a remote you may need to find a key that also will work on the remote.
Example would be the play <p>Play</p>
changing that to
Code:
<p>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</p>

but that in turn would make the CE start before anything you play...TV, Music & Movies, so pick another key that you dont use but can use for a remote. Hope that makes sense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cinema Experience (Home Theater Experience Script) support in Confluence2