[MOD] Cinema Experience (Home Theater Experience Script) support in Confluence
Problem fixed. Here is correct XML -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52247986/DialogVideoInfo.xml

Side note:
ATV2 = /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/skin.confluence
For future reference
(2011-10-11, 04:12)jubilex Wrote: I pasted the code shown here into the correct file. I now have the Cinema button. But when I push it, I get the intros/trailers but then it goes back to the movie list, i.e., does not actually play the movie.

The log shows that the playlist is cleared when I hit the Cinema button. Then the intros and stuff are added to the playlist, but not the feature movie.

Hi, My set-up experienced exactly the same scenario...... Is this a common issue or do others have a fix for this?

Cheers
Hi, just for your infomation, for anyone using ubuntu the DialogVideoInfo.xml is located in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/DialogVideoInfo.xml
I just used this code from the main cinema experience thread where giftie showed "How to add support for Cinema Experience to your skin" specifically for Frodo, if anyone is interested, it works great.

<control type="button" id="14">
<description>Home Theatre</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
<visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>
OK, maybe I'm a bit new at this, but I can't seem to change the dialogvideoinfo.xml on my XBMC Frodo on my Raspberry Pi. The file is read-only. I can't quite figure out what I need to do in order to save the additional data for the additional button. I attempted to change the permissions on the file to 777 via WinSCP but keep getting that it's a read-only file. For reference, I am finding the file at /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p. The current permission is set at 0644. I'm trying to do this on a Windows XP machine connected to my Pi via WinSCP with the "root" user.
(2013-05-31, 01:00)bugman72 Wrote: OK, maybe I'm a bit new at this, but I can't seem to change the dialogvideoinfo.xml on my XBMC Frodo on my Raspberry Pi. The file is read-only. I can't quite figure out what I need to do in order to save the additional data for the additional button. I attempted to change the permissions on the file to 777 via WinSCP but keep getting that it's a read-only file. For reference, I am finding the file at /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p. The current permission is set at 0644. I'm trying to do this on a Windows XP machine connected to my Pi via WinSCP with the "root" user.

I'm having the same exact problem. I have no idea how to even get to the file. Have you figured it out? I've tried modifying theme files (unzipping, modding the file, then re-zipping) but I get an error when I try to install it.
For the meantime I've been looking for skins that have built-in support for the Cinema Experience that are also lightweight enough to be run on the Raspberry Pi. So, Aeon supports it, and it works, but the menu systems are so incredibly laggy that it's basically not useable on the Pi. I'm currently trying to get Neon to work.

Update: Neon works with Cinema Experience off the bat. Menu systems are acceptably quick.
(2013-05-31, 01:00)bugman72 Wrote: OK, maybe I'm a bit new at this, but I can't seem to change the dialogvideoinfo.xml on my XBMC Frodo on my Raspberry Pi. The file is read-only. I can't quite figure out what I need to do in order to save the additional data for the additional button. I attempted to change the permissions on the file to 777 via WinSCP but keep getting that it's a read-only file. For reference, I am finding the file at /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p. The current permission is set at 0644. I'm trying to do this on a Windows XP machine connected to my Pi via WinSCP with the "root" user.

Hey Guys,

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. I'm currently running OpenELEC 3.0.6 with xbmc Frodo, but don't have a chance to save changes in the VideoDialogInfo.xml via SSH.
I'd really like to get it working on my sweet little R-Pi.

Help appreaciated Wink

EDIT:

Alright. For those of u who are still looking for the answer:

usr/share... is somehow a system directory and therefore not able to edit. You have to copy the skin.confluence folder to /storage/.xbmc/addons/.
The Rasp.Pi automatically copies the Skin from the mentioned folder to the system folder on boot and uses it. So every change u make in the /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogVideo... will be changed in the system directory for the skin use as you reboot, too

Long story short:
navigate to /usr/share/addons/
type: cp -r skin.confluence/ /storage/.xbmc/addons/
then navigate to the just created directory "/storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence" and do you edits

I hope that I remembered the file directories correctly. But at least you get the idea of what to do, if i might have done a typo somwhere.
hey guys,

I'm currently trying to get Cinema Experience working with my Raspbmc setup and I'm running into some problems. As Joshy mentioned above, the DialogVideoInfo.xml has restricted access so i cannot modify the file in it's current location (for me, that location is:/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogVideoInfo.xml).

The problem I have is i don't have the "/storage/.xbmc/addons/" location/directory that is specified in the above post. So I'm not sure where i should move the skin.confluence folder so that the content automatically gets copied into the system upon boot.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Hello,

Was wondering if any one can help ... I have a number of questions and I am getting a ERROR script addon.py failed when i press the cinema button in the info screen off a movie

Please help.....

1. I am running confluence skin
2. I placed the mod code into the DialogVideoInfo file --- The code below is what i added to the flile

Start ADD>>>>>>>>>

<control type="button" id="14">
<description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
<include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
<label>Cinema</label>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
</control>

End ADDED CODE >>>>>>>> below is the existing code that was there. (I don't think i disrupted any of the closing control tags </control> from where I inserted the code (above)

</control>
</control>
</control>
<include>Clock</include>
</controls>
</window>

3. ---? where does the folder structure have to sit? Does it sit on one of my media sources in the video folder?
- Can i just have it sit on a non media source drive? I do not have it in a sub folder of video?

4- I looked at the new inserted code in the 'Dialog Video Info ' file and notice that it has this reference - the second last line of code
"<onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>"

when I look in xbmc> addons I don't see a sub dir of "/script.cinema.experience/addon.py) ---- Should I?

-- am i looking in the right spot? can I assume ://home/addons means - c:\xbmc\addons

Any ideas how to fix this error an getting this great feature to work?
GOT IT FIXED! It now plays at least !

How do I set up the trivia so it so it does both Q&A and just straight image slides?

Should all the triva be in one folder or can it do sub folders - it seems to be jumping around...ask one question then jump to a whole different slide with out showing answer...
Does anyone know how to do this for kodi 14 Helix? I tried the same instructions but it did not create the button.
Would love to have this on my Fire TV. Can anyone help with the address to pull/push the file from? Using Gotham
(2014-12-30, 12:54)sireesh Wrote: Does anyone know how to do this for kodi 14 Helix? I tried the same instructions but it did not create the button.

Likewise, anyone got this working for 15.0 or 15.1?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Cinema Experience (Home Theater Experience Script) support in Confluence2