MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml name?
MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml isn't listed in the Wiki but I need to know it's name so I can hide Now Playing if it's used.

Also, the Wiki lists DialogKaraokeSongSelector.xml and DialogKaraokeSongSelectorLarge.xml but as they don't seem to be used in Confluence can I assume they're redundant?

Thanks.
Hitcher Wrote:MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml isn't listed in the Wiki but I need to know it's name so I can hide Now Playing if it's used.

karaoke

added it to the wiki.

Hitcher Wrote:Also, the Wiki lists DialogKaraokeSongSelector.xml and DialogKaraokeSongSelectorLarge.xml but as they don't seem to be used in Confluence can I assume they're redundant?

Confluence has both these files.
i could never make them show up though,
so no clue when/what they are used for.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Missed this, thanks ronie.

Don't know how I missed them in Confluence - maybe Jezz will see this and comment on what they do.
lol they don't do much unless you have proper Karaoke files

Let me try to explain Karaoke in XBMC and skins 101 (believe me I had no idea for years either)

First you have to enable it in settings\music\karaoke then you have to scan the karoke files into the library
If you export your karaoke list in Settings\music\karaoke you will see they all get numbers assigned to them that you can type in MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml basically the karaoke version of "MusicVisualisation.xml" but with the option to show a image as a background instead (note the confluence one shows a popup saying what song is next to come up

Files in library

Now the small one DialogKaraokeSongSelector.xml is what pops up when you start typing numbers in the fullscreen while playing Karaoke files (top left in this case)

And the big one pops up if you have "Show song Selector Automatically" enabled in settings\music\karaoke and stop a song completely or it reaches the end of a playlist like so (so you can quick play another I guess)

Cheers Jezz, can your post be stickied for future reference?
Once we come out of the MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml while playing a karaoke song, then how can we again enter into that file to continue viewing Lyrics?

from a skin point of view you can probably call a Activate window on MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml but really its a badly designed window and doesn't follow the normal standards for fullscreen playback ie: being able to "tab" in and out of it. So your only 2 options are a ActivateWindow() command or playing another song
Actually just trying some Karaoke now in master it seems DialogKaraokeSongSelector.xml is broken anyway because although you can type in the song numbers it wont change on Enter like it used too
Yes I agree, that seems broken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml name?0