[APPLETV] Dharma 10.0 release almost unusable on Apple TV
EMETIB Wrote:Just upgraded to Dharma and it's really slow to respond to remote. Videos play fine once selected, it's just the menu screens are like slideshows. Sad

Running ATV 3.0.2 and Launcher 3.2.5

I've removed all the sources and library contents and re-added, but still slow. What other things could it be? Are there any solutions yet?

OSX Version : 10.6.6
Platform AppleTV 1
Launcher version : 3.2.5
Install Method - Launcher
SVN Revision : Dharma 10.0
FULL Debug Log :

looks like your ATV is battling to connect and/or update mysql database.
Sorry about the log, Pastebin wouldn't accept it because it was too large. Sad

Amet Wrote:looks like your ATV is battling to connect and/or update mysql database.

Thanks, is there any way I can reset or delete the old database and start afresh? I guess it's trying to find the old sources which I used about a year ago, all the locations have changed now. Sad
EMETIB Wrote:Sorry about the log, Pastebin wouldn't accept it because it was too large. Sad

what made you think we want a large log here Smile

EMETIB Wrote:Thanks, is there any way I can reset or delete the old database and start afresh? I guess it's trying to find the old sources which I used about a year ago, all the locations have changed now. Sad

sure, locate and edit advancedsetting.xml in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/ and remove an entry that looks something like below

Code:
<videodatabase>
  <type>mysql</type>
  <host>some IP adress</host>
  <port>3306</port>
  <user>xbmc</user>
  <pass>xbmc</pass>
  <name>xbmc</name>
</videodatabase>
Smile Soz, I did try to take out the major bulk of it. Please forgive me.

Sorry to be a bit dumb, I've located the files using ssh via terminal. But the file only contains the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<skiploopfilter>8</skiploopfilter>
<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>
</advancedsettings>
1. shut down XBMC
2. locate ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and rename it to XBMC_Backup
3. start XBMC

that will create new database and new settings, see how that works. your old settings and database will still be in XBMC_Backup folder
Amet Wrote:1. shut down XBMC
2. locate ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC and rename it to XBMC_Backup
3. start XBMC

that will create new database and new settings, see how that works. your old settings and database will still be in XBMC_Backup folder

Thanks Amet! Seems to have fixed the issue, but it still seems a tad slow compared to my ageing Xbox 1. Video buffering and a very slight delay between button press and it reacting. But bearable.

Tongue

Is the ATV2 any better in performance?
EMETIB Wrote:Is the ATV2 any better in performance?

GUI performance of ATV2 is about the same but it plays HD as well
Amet Wrote:GUI performance of ATV2 is about the same but it plays HD as well

Thanks for that Amet! I think I'll hold out for upgrading to ATV2 for now then. Gonna wait to see what other kinds of magic you guys can conjure up on other platforms. Big Grin

Keep up the awesome work! You've made millions of people's home entertainment life so much more enjoyable!!!
I had the exact same problem...After the Dharma Update XBMX was extremely slow on my ATV1. Renaming the XBMC folder and recreating the database solved it for me. Now it works flawless again Smile. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV] Dharma 10.0 release almost unusable on Apple TV0