"smb://" extrange problem¿?
Hi all.
I have a W7 PC with XBMC and few movies. This PC called "Server" is in a home network and I share the movies with 3 PCs more.
For share the userdata with all PCs I have my video movie library making with "smb://" so my Movie Folder is a path like "smb://Server/Movies1", "smb://Server/Movies2", "smb://Server/Movies3"...
Well, this work very well, I share a unique userdata folder copy in my 3 PCs and in my server.
But know, I clone my server and I want to watch movies witout network.
I have the same path ( "smb://Server/Movies" ) but something really strange happens.
Since few months my server clone works fine, it hasnt had network but the paths with smb:// works fine, I could play movies from the Server without network using smb://Server path but today I dont know why, I cannot open mi folder movie "smb://Server/Movies1" or "smb://Server/Movies1" or "smb://Server/Movies1" BUT I can open "smb://Server/Movies" (this is a multipath with the 3 paths) REALLY EXTRANGE.
More things, I can play all movies in library mode.
If I search a smb:// ubication for edit the movies folder or add one more, xbmc not see Server (just is the PC !) but If I open the location "smb://Server/Movies1" or "smb://Server/Movies2"... that are in memory to add paths its works !
Is really extrange and the worst thing is I that now xbmc took about double time to open my multipath folder with all my smb://Server paths Shocked
In W7 navigator I can open my network and I see "smb://Servidor" location and I can open and play my movies without network.
Anyone could help me with this strange thing?
I need to use smb:// paths for share the same userdata (myvideos.db, thumbnails ...) with more PCs but sometimes without network conection.
Thanks in advance.
Its really extrange.
I have a "solution" for the problem:
If I havent network only work multipath directorys, if i create a directory with:
"smb://PC/HD1/Folder" doesnt work, tell me "the network isnt connected" but a multipath "smb://PC/HD1/Folder" + "smb://PC/HD2/Folder" works without problem Shocked
Any idea? may be a xbmc bug? maybe a database corruption? I have 6000+ movies in my db.
Thanks
My apple XBMC is not conecting with my computer, i tried everything and nothing. i go to movies/files/add videos/browse/windows network(smb)/network/my PC and it say "Connection Refuse". What i am doing wrong? what else can i do so it can work with my computer. I hope you have an anwser for that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"smb://" extrange problem¿?0