Dharma and SQL-server, and also video stuttering
Hi!

Last night I updated to the full release of Dharma. I've been using advancedsettings.xml to connect to my home server with an SQL-server. I copied the xml-file that I used in the last Beta version of Dharma and first everything seemed to be working as it should. But after I rebooted the media center XBMC said that the files were missing and asks if I want to remove the item from the database. Any ideas?

I also have problems using the "screen frequency detection" when watching videos, every video file I play is stuttering/dropping frames.

I use Windows 7 with a Nvidia Geforce 9400.
CuFk Wrote:I also have problems using the "screen frequency detection" when watching videos, every video file I play is stuttering/dropping frames.

Have you enabled hardware acceleration? If you press O (oh not zero) when playing a video how much CPU is it using?

JR
Yeah, I've tried using hardware acceleration but that does not help. It works fine if I deactivate frequency detection, but I wanna use it so... :/

Can it depend on the version of the NVIDIA driver?
CuFk Wrote:Last night I updated to the full release of Dharma. I've been using advancedsettings.xml to connect to my home server with an SQL-server. I copied the xml-file that I used in the last Beta version of Dharma and first everything seemed to be working as it should. But after I rebooted the media center XBMC said that the files were missing and asks if I want to remove the item from the database. Any ideas?

The fact that XBMC tells you that it can't find the file is not directly related to your MySQL DB. Actually, the fact that anything is showing up in your library is an indication that it was able to retrieve data from your MySQL DB.

The problem is that the file path that's retrieved from the DB is no longer valid. I'm guessing you are using network paths? Or even map drives? Since it happened after you rebooted I'd make sure all your network links have been reconnected properly.
Nothing was changed on the server, or in the MySQL database. I use the server IP to connect, so there are no mapped drives or anything like that involved.

I use wireless connection to connect to the server. If that can have anything to do with it?
Here's what I did when I installed the new version of XBMC.

1. Uninstalled the RC version of Dharma and cleared the user folder
2. Installed the full version of Dharma
3. Updated to the latest version of Nvidia's driver for Geforce 9400
4. Added my advancedsettings.xml that includes the server connection
5. Started XBMC, and everything worked as it should
6. Rebooted the computer
7. No files could be found by the library
what did you do to your sources.xml file (it's not shown on your list)
I've never done anything with that xml-file. Am I supposed to? Smile
CuFk Wrote:I've never done anything with that xml-file. Am I supposed to? Smile

The sources.xml contains the sources created when you selected "Add source" in the Music, Video and/or Pictures sections. Obviously you need at least one source otherwise there's nothing for the library to scan.

You can backup the sources.xml and copy it back to avoid you having to manually recreate the sources, but this is just a convenience as manually recreating the sources recreates the sources.xml file.

JR
I think this is the missing link in my backups of xml-files. Thanks for pointing this out. Smile

As for the "Update frequency" it just started to work after I shifted frequency in the Nvidia control panel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma and SQL-server, and also video stuttering0