[solved] Library scan not working
All,

I experience problems scanning my library.
When I did a scan nothing showed up.

So I did research the forums...

Platform I have (OSx with Dharma RC2), but the users experiencing the same problem are on Windows according the forum topic
I have a NAS with different shares.

Structure:
smb://X.X.X.X/offline movies/moviename/
smb://X.X.X.X/movies/moviename/

Content options:
Run automatic scan
Use folder names for lookups

After some testing with the debug option on ... I think their is a problem with the option "use folder names for lookups"

Testing:
Cleaned Database
Created new shares
Created new folders on existings shares
Created new files on existing shares
Created new folders on new shares
Created new files on existing shares

Basically when I search a folder with "moviename" and no file in it, it's not in the movie database of XBMC
When I put in the same folder a dummy file name whatever.avi, is does add the movie correctly to the XBMC moviedatabase
I tried this with whatever.txt or whatever.nfo, but that doesn't work

PS maybe this is normal behaviour, but it wasn't like this in the other versions I have been using (latest stable release and before all versions on xbox)

I also have made different debug log files, so when needed I can edit and post links from pastebin
It's working properly then. Why would it add a movie to the library if the file doesn't exist? Its behaved this way in all the years I've used the product.
-stoli-
Hi,

It have a bunch of Blurays and DVD which I wanted to catalog in XBMC.
This is the way I did it before with creating fake files or folders.
Since I'm using "folder names to lookup" ...

But maybe I have mixed two problems at once.

Since the first two times I scanned it didn't return anything for the shares already there.
Afterwards with the testing I cleaned everything, also the db file and rescanned

Oh well, problem solved and sorry for everybodies time who just had a view on this topic Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[solved] Library scan not working0