[SOLVED] Windows 7 taskbar still focus over XBMC
Sad 
Grettings all,
I have a small but anoying bug who is having a significant WAF (Wife Acceptance factor) impact at the moment...

Each time I reboot my PC, it automatically launch XBMC (shortcut link in my startup folder) BUT I cannot immediately navigate through the XBMC interface unsing the up and dows arrows. Instead, as soon as I press OK, I see the windows bottom left menu who opens.

It appears that for an unknown reason, windows is stealing the focus from XBMC and as a result, until I go to my mediacenter PC and click on the XBMC interface with a left mouse button, I cannot control it from my remote.

I was hoping some of you would have the magic button/option to tick to prevent Windows to steal the focus in the same way Windows mediacenter has (an option in settings to make sure that MCE always keep the focus vs Windows) Confused

My config:
Win 7 - 64bits - Up to date with all updates
XBMC Dharma (last RC)
Windows taskbar set on "auto hide"

Many thanks
BooToo
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"

Shuttle XH61V | Celeron G530 | 2Gb DDR3 | OCZ NOC-MSATA 120Gb | Harmony One | XBMCbuntu 11.0
SYNOLOGY DS1812 | 6 x 2Tb WD20EARS in RAID 6

If you appreciated my help or one of my guides, feel free to buy me a drink via PAYPAL
Ditch auto-hide, i had the same problem, once i disabled the auto-hide feature of the taskbar the issue was gone. And btw, use sleep instead of rebooting/shutting down the PC. 1 second getting back from sleep vs 30 seconds for Win7 to boot.
Thanks for that!
Will try tonight!
BooToo

Shuttle XH61V | Celeron G530 | 2Gb DDR3 | OCZ NOC-MSATA 120Gb | Harmony One | XBMCbuntu 11.0

If you appreciated my help or one of my guides, feel free to buy me a drink via PAYPAL
XBMC is starting before something in the Explorer tray, and that's giving the focus to the task bar instead of XBMC. Edit the XBMC shortcut in the Startup folder and append "-d 10" (without the quotes) to the target i.e.

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

This will make XBMC delay for 10 seconds before starting. Hopefully all the tray icons will have initialised themselves by then. You can increase or decrease the delay time as appropriate.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:XBMC is starting before something in the Explorer tray, and that's giving the focus to the task bar instead of XBMC. Edit the XBMC shortcut in the Startup folder and append "-d 10" (without the quotes) to the target i.e.

"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 10

This will make XBMC delay for 10 seconds before starting. Hopefully all the tray icons will have initialised themselves by then. You can increase or decrease the delay time as appropriate.

JR

perfect, just what i was looking for (was having the same problem) Big Grin
I have the same issue here, and just accepted this as a bug. mine occurs often after i resume my htpc (acer revo 3700, windows 7 ultimate) from sleep, sometimes the taskbar is overlaping the XBMC screen, sometimes XBMC is at the top left in a small window.

Workaround: i switch to window mode, then back to full screen. i.e. by pressing the "\" key twice. This is annoying, especially for WAF as well. Smile
chase888 Wrote:I have the same issue here, and just accepted this as a bug. mine occurs often after i resume my htpc (acer revo 3700, windows 7 ultimate) from sleep, sometimes the taskbar is overlaping the XBMC screen, sometimes XBMC is at the top left in a small window.

Workaround: i switch to window mode, then back to full screen. i.e. by pressing the "\" key twice. This is annoying, especially for WAF as well. Smile

1. Have you tried to turn off your screen saver?
2. How did you start XBMC? from the Startup menu or from a shortcut on the destop?
Quick update:
- Disabling the taskbar auto-hide was not sufficient to avoid the loss of focus each time. I restarted my PC 6 times and XBMC was out of focus 3 times...

- XBMC is started via a shortcut in the Startup folder

- The 10 sec tempo looks like the perfect solution. I am going to give it a go now
BooToo

This is probably the most low tech and efficient solution EVER!!!
Works like a charm for me (I put a 6 sec delay only as my mediacenter run on a SSD).

Many thanks jhsrennie!!!!!
BooToo

Use real fullscreen instead of fake fullscreen window should also solve the problem.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
The only thing that worked for me was this program

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/page/...startdelay

(freeware)

Worth a go if other methods fail.
mistermisfit Wrote:The only thing that worked for me was this program

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/page/...startdelay

(freeware)

Worth a go if other methods fail.

Thanks, I ended up using this software too. But It appears as though my problem was is that I needed more than a 10 second delay. 34 second delay worked for me, and I'll try to get that lower until the focus goes out of range.

The website above didn't work. I ended up downloading the software from cnet.

Thanks everyone for posting this information.
I've been using Windows Task Scheduler to set an 8 second delay which has been working well. The count starts during the actual Welcome splash screen in Windows 7, so by the time I actually see the start menu, there's about two seconds before XBMC starts. Which was enough to solve my problem.

But I will switch to the XBMC.exe -d option, as I prefer not to have to use another program just to set a delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Windows 7 taskbar still focus over XBMC0