[ATV] - 10.0 Release - Video playback studder
Hello,

First, thanks to all the developers for the continued support of XBMC on AppleTV. I have been using it for several years and love it. I recently upgraded my install via Launcher to the new 10.0 Dharma release. Unfortunately, during video playback, there is a significant amount of stuttering that is occurring. I have not had this issue previously. The video and audio will both stop every 5-7 seconds for 3-4 seconds and then continue to play for another 5-7 seconds. This continues until I stop the video playback.

My system specifics are:

AppleTV 3.0.2
Launcher 3.2.5
XBMC 10.0 Dharma
Connected via Ethernet over MoCA
Video files are encoded as both .m4v encoded with handbrake and .VOB files (both formats exhibit the same behavior when played back)
Files reside on a ReadyNAS that I access via NFS

The xbmc.log can be found on pastebin.com here:

http://pastebin.com/u5haBLrw

I have one other ATV that I have not upgraded to 10.0 and it is not having the same issue. It is accessing the same files on the same NAS over NFS.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Please turn on debug logging in XBMC and post another log.
Oops! Will turn on debugging and resubmit.

Thanks.
Well, I turned on debugging but may have solved the issue. I noticed in my previous log, that xmbc was complaining about some files it could not find in my library. I had moved those files but had not updated the library. I removed those instances, turned on debug, relaunched xbmc and now several files that I tried played without issue. Just in case, the link below is to the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/YMNgNwpV

Does everything appear ok?
gilbreen Wrote:Just in case, the link below is to the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/YMNgNwpV

Does everything appear ok?

Well, it seems like your XBMC installation is somehow screwed:

Quote:17:25:57 T:2684407808 M: 34115584 ERROR: Unable to load libcrystalhd.dylib, reason: dlopen(libcrystalhd.dylib, 1): image not found

1. CrystalHD driver is not loaded. You need to reinstall the driver. Do you even have CrystalHD in your ATV?

Quote:17:25:58 T:2684407808 M: 32813056 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons: No such file or directory'

2. Plug-in folder is missing. Did you remove it manually?

3. Did you modify advancedsettings.config?

Quote:<osx_gl_fullscreen>true</osx_gl_fullscreen>

I'd like to repeat Davilla's suggestion: remove the XBMC folder from the Application Support and reinstall XBMC and CrystalHD. Also do not turn 'extract thumbs from video' options since you have DVD files.
Backend: Windows 7 file share + MySql on wired 1GB
Frontend 1: ATV OSX 3.02 w/CHD 012 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + CHD r174 on wired FE
Frontend 2: Intel Atom 330/2Gb/ATI HD4350 + Windows 7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 with DXVA + MySql DB on wired 1GB
konan,

Thanks for looking at the log.

I don't have a CrystalHD card installed nor have I ever had one so not sure how that happened.

As for the missing plug-in folder, I never removed it.

As for the advancedsettings.config, I also never modified it.

I'll do as is recommended and remove the XBMC folder although I don't like rescanning the library, it is probably best.

Thanks.
gilbreen Wrote:konan,

I'll do as is recommended and remove the XBMC folder although I don't like rescanning the library, it is probably best.

Thanks.

You don't have to rescan the library. Export it into some folder before reinstalling XBMC then after you'll just import it back. It will be much faster then rescanning.
Backend: Windows 7 file share + MySql on wired 1GB
Frontend 1: ATV OSX 3.02 w/CHD 012 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + CHD r174 on wired FE
Frontend 2: Intel Atom 330/2Gb/ATI HD4350 + Windows 7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 with DXVA + MySql DB on wired 1GB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] - 10.0 Release - Video playback studder0