Banner.jpg usage
When in fanart view, w/ use posters disabled. My banner.jpg is still being ignored, and the default folder.jpg (is a poster) is used instead. This results in the poster being display very squished in the location where the banner should be.

I currently have the following images located in the root folder of each TV Show:
  • folder.jpg (Poster)
  • banner.jpg (Banner)

Am I doing something wrong? Do i need to rename my banner/poster images to get them each to display properly?
as far as i know xbmc supports either poster or banner,
so you can't have both.

filenaming for poster and banner is the same.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
some skins uses poster.jpg and banner.jpg, also landscape.jpg
ppic Wrote:some skins uses poster.jpg and banner.jpg, also landscape.jpg

So which file name does Transparency support? I'd prefer to use banners, so would i need to rename all my banner.jpg to folder.jpg to get them to work with Transparency?
just use folder.jpg
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Nuzela10 made a mod that makes fanart view use banners in this thread and it really looks great.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81215

On page 2 I posted a mod of his mod that makes use of banner.jpg, so now I get the best of both worlds. Keeping my posters and banners as folder.jpg / banner.jpg
Here's a download link to my modded file
http://www.mediafire.com/?29437zbw3g6u32l

Would love if an option would be implemented into svn so I don't need to worry about putting the changes back in every time after an update. Sorta like how mcborzu put the option into Night.

T! and Night are my two favorite skins, constantly switching between the two Smile

Edit: I should mention that I do all my media scraping with Ember Media Manager, so XBMC isn't doing any of the poster/banner downloading. Though it is set to Poster in the scraper settings for those times when it picks up something before I scraped it.
there's been some talk about adding native xbmc support for both banners and posters...so i guess i'll prefer to wait for that.
Rygrath Wrote:On page 2 I posted a mod of his mod that makes use of banner.jpg, so now I get the best of both worlds. Keeping my posters and banners as folder.jpg / banner.jpg
Here's a download link to my modded file
http://www.mediafire.com/?29437zbw3g6u32l

Would love if an option would be implemented into svn so I don't need to worry about putting the changes back in every time after an update. Sorta like how mcborzu put the option into Night.

I second this notion. Or better still to have the option "use posters" force the skin to look for a poster.jpg. If the option is off it would then default to banner.jpg.

On a slightly different note, which would most likely require a change to XBMC itself. What about determining if the user has posters or banners by having the dimensions of folder.jpg parsed prior to the skin being rendered? This way the skin would automatically optimize itself depending on which image format the user prefers.

All the above aside, Transparency is a awesome skin, keep up the great work. Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner.jpg usage0