Screen Resolution issues
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. I haven't had too much time to mess around in the settings so there could be a simple solution but just in case I thought I would post what I'm seeing here and see what you all think.

My PC outputs 1080P via HDMI to my TV. I've noticed many times that XBMC is in a different resolution (I believe it was 1024x768 but it might have been slightly different than that). This doesn't happen all the time and sometimes XBMC is in the correct 1920x1080 that I would expect. It is easy to notice when it starts up incorrectly b/c movies that should essentially fill up the entire screen (1.85:1) have significant black bars on the and bottom. If this happens I quit XBMC and then restart it and it starts back up in 1920x1080.

I believe what is happening is that XBMC (or my TV or receiver) is automatically sensing the screen resolution and starting up in this mode. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot completely but it possibly is happening when I'm watching my DVR and then switch to XBMC and bypassing the PC home screen. I have a button on my remote that can either go to the PC or a button that also sends the PC input and the XBMC start. If I hit the latter button I never see the PC screen as the HDMI switch delay takes too long.

Could this be preventing XBMC from starting in 1080p? It isn't simply an issue of my TV displaying the wrong resolution b/c if I got into the XBMC system info screen it will clearly tell me that XBMC is running in a lower resolution.

I should have a chance to play around with this a little tomorrow but I wonder if I've missed a setting to tell XBMC what resolution to use and is set to something like Auto right now. I appreciate the help.
I also get random resolutions upon turning on my setup (XBMC to Receiver to TV). There's really no telling what resolution it will be when I resume the computer from sleep. But if I restart XBMC, then it gets the correct resolution.

Is there any way to hard code a resolution in XBMC?
I tried doing some troubleshooting but it kept starting up in 1080p. There is a setting for what display resolution XBMC should run in so I'm not sure why sometimes I wasn't getting 1920x1080p. You may be right it has to do with XBMC running for a while and then switching the receiver to it. I will continue trying to mess with it over the next few days and see if I can find a pattern.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Resolution issues0