Req Move subtitles up when displaying controls
I did a search in Feature Requests and I didn't find this in the first two pages so I thought I might ask.

Right now, when the on screen controls are displayed, the subtitles get covered up which gets annoying while watching anime because it takes a few seconds for the progress bar to disappear.

Is it possible to move the subtitles up when the progress bar is displayed and move them back down after it disappears?  Not sure if this is a skin feature or a player feature.  Perhaps it can be implemented by the player reading a setting from the skin to know how far to move the subtitles up?

Thanks!
This is could be a skin request, as the OSD and it's imagery is handled by each skin. Try some new skins and see if any meet this criteria?

Of course it could be a global request, but I don't see this as a big issue, I'm usually watching a movie with black bars top & bottom, but if enough people support this then perhaps there will be change. Obvious work-round would be to investigate screen control without the OSD Keyboard controls (wiki) and think about web control etc.
(2019-07-16, 05:05)PatK Wrote: This is could be a skin request, as the OSD and it's imagery is handled by each skin. Try some new skins and see if any meet this criteria?

Of course it could be a global request, but I don't see this as a big issue, I'm usually watching a movie with black bars top & bottom, but if enough people support this then perhaps there will be change. Obvious work-round would be to investigate screen control without the OSD Keyboard controls (wiki) and think about web control etc.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try different skins to see if it is implemented anywhere.  Or perhaps one of the skins will have controls that don't get in the way of the subtitles.
(2019-07-16, 05:05)PatK Wrote: This is could be a skin request, as the OSD and it's imagery is handled by each skin. Try some new skins and see if any meet this criteria?

This would actually be nice if the built in action would just permit parameter. I tried with custom window to force a upshifting when seek slider is visible, using SubtitleShiftUp/SubtitleShiftDown. But ended up having to create around 100 lines of that action since every time it sends +1/-1.
So if instead it can accept values, for example, subtitleshift(20)/subtitleshift(-20). then I guess it could be an easy 'feature' to implement for skinners if they choose so.
Just in case, not that it makes any difference, but Ctrl+↑Move subtitles up and Ctrl+↓Move subtitles down
(2019-07-18, 01:33)PatK Wrote: Just in case, not that it makes any difference, but Ctrl+↑Move subtitles up and Ctrl+↓Move subtitles down

Mhhm well the only time I have a keyboard available is when I'm skinning on the PC Smile
Also I wouldn't bother with manually shifting it every time I open dialog seek bar...
Hope maybe it'll be on someone's to do list...
I think my Feature Request will solve this problem.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310009

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move subtitles up when displaying controls2