• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script
(2012-04-08, 23:32)andyeeol Wrote: I have a problem when I try to show my playlists.

In the xbmc log appears this:

File "C:\Users\Andres\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.groove\resources\lib\GroovesharkAPI.py", line 559, in _parsePlaylists
list.append([str(s['PlaylistName']).encode('ascii', 'ignore'), s['PlaylistID']])
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks for reporting this. Please can you try this version and let me know if it works:

https://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec...-1.0.4.zip

I've changed the playlist name decoding.

Regards,

Stephen.
Thanks, but the error is still present.

Here is the log:

18:33:27 T:140608135993088 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
18:33:27 T:140608135993088 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
18:33:27 T:140608135993088 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/andye/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.groove/default.py", line 1018, in <module>
grooveshark.playlists()
File "/home/andye/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.groove/default.py", line 396, in playlists
playlists = groovesharkApi.getUserPlaylists()
File "/home/andye/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.groove/resources/lib/GroovesharkAPI.py", line 342, in getUserPlaylists
return self._parsePlaylists(result)
File "/home/andye/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.groove/resources/lib/GroovesharkAPI.py", line 559, in _parsePlaylists
list.append([str(s['PlaylistName']).encode('utf-8'), s['PlaylistID']])
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
18:33:27 T:140608645785472 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.groove/?mode=9&name=My+Grooveshark+playlists&id=0
18:33:27 T:140608645785472 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.groove/?mode=9&name=My+Grooveshark+playlists&id=0) failed

You can see, the error is the same.
(2012-04-09, 18:45)andyeeol Wrote: Thanks, but the error is still present.

You can see, the error is the same.

mmm, what language is your PC set to? Also, do your playlist names have any special or accented characters? Perhaps you could send me some examples?

Regards,

Stephen.
I have tried this plugin a couple of times, but removed it again. The reason is that it takes waay to long to download play lists, favourites and searches. It takes about 1,5 sec per song, witch is a very long time to be useful. Even if I use 10 entries per page, it still takes 12-15 sec to get the list, and its just a small part of my play lists. In the script version, this goes very quick (as in my app on Android).

I searched the code, but can't find any obvious reason why it should takes so long time.

I prefer the plugin over the script, but the slow download is just to big issue for me to use it.
I've renamed all my playlists in grooveshark and the plugin fail again. My language is Spanish
(2012-04-09, 18:05)denhams Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 23:32)andyeeol Wrote: I have a problem when I try to show my playlists.

In the xbmc log appears this:

File "C:\Users\Andres\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.groove\resources\lib\GroovesharkAPI.py", line 559, in _parsePlaylists
list.append([str(s['PlaylistName']).encode('ascii', 'ignore'), s['PlaylistID']])
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf1' in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)

Thanks for reporting this. Please can you try this version and let me know if it works:

https://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec...-1.0.4.zip

I've changed the playlist name decoding.

Regards,

Stephen.

i think tis will help
list.append([str(s['PlaylistName']).encode('utf8', 'ignore'), s['PlaylistID']])

gretting jeanwilly alias skatulskijean

this is the same with my xbmc4xbox fork from rtmpGUI+ (rtmpGUInoEPG) what i have fix it , with that!
anyone else having trouble with this ..myin just all a sudden stopped playing songs get the error message and went to the stie and get the same no matter what song i play
I don't suppose anyone can tell me whether this plugin is still working before I pay out for a Grooveshark Anywhere account please? Thank you! Smile
(2012-12-27, 18:05)VanZan Wrote: I don't suppose anyone can tell me whether this plugin is still working before I pay out for a Grooveshark Anywhere account please? Thank you! Smile

Yes, it still works.

It works if you don't use unicode symbols in your playlist names.
(2012-12-28, 10:57)andyeeol Wrote: It works if you don't use unicode symbols in your playlist names.

Just fixed that - https://downloads.sourceforge.net/projec...-1.0.7.zip. It should be available from the xbmc repo soon.

Stephen.
Would be very useful if you could mention on the addon description that you require a premium/paid account to use this. Would be even more useful if you could say that you require a premium account instead of incorrect username/password when you try to use it.

Cheers.
(2012-12-30, 05:45)Znuff Wrote: Would be very useful if you could mention on the addon description that you require a premium/paid account to use this. Would be even more useful if you could say that you require a premium account instead of incorrect username/password when you try to use it.

Thanks for your suggestions. The addon description does actually say "You should enter your Grooveshark Anywhere username and password in the addon settings." For the next version I'll have a look at returning a message about the account type if it detects the username is not an Anywhere account.

Regards,

Stephen.

(2012-12-27, 22:37)denhams Wrote: Yes, it still works.

Thanks for the reply and your hard work mate. The current price of $5 a month is great value!
Oh, I didn't know the "premium" account is called "Anywhere". Thanks for info.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script3