• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script
Ahoy,

I've noticed that the grooveshark plugin has been failing regularly lately... finally dug around in my log file and discovered a bunch of errors like this:

Code:
19:55:54 T:139711432423168  NOTICE: '{"header":{"hostname":"RHL109"},"result":{"StreamKey":"","url":"","StreamServerID":0,"uSecs":0,"warning":"Not provisioned for production use."},"errors":[{"code":11,"message":"Rate limit exceeded."}]}'

It looks like grooveshark recently made their rate limiting more aggressive after re-opening the api to new apps? http://developers.grooveshark.com/docs/public_api/v3/ indicates that emailing them should be all it takes to have it bumped (they gave clementine what appears to be an unthrottled key and seem generally Free Software friendly FWIW).
(2014-09-18, 04:34)unknown_lamer Wrote: Ahoy,

I've noticed that the grooveshark plugin has been failing regularly lately... finally dug around in my log file and discovered a bunch of errors like this:

Code:
19:55:54 T:139711432423168  NOTICE: '{"header":{"hostname":"RHL109"},"result":{"StreamKey":"","url":"","StreamServerID":0,"uSecs":0,"warning":"Not provisioned for production use."},"errors":[{"code":11,"message":"Rate limit exceeded."}]}'

It looks like grooveshark recently made their rate limiting more aggressive after re-opening the api to new apps? http://developers.grooveshark.com/docs/public_api/v3/ indicates that emailing them should be all it takes to have it bumped (they gave clementine what appears to be an unthrottled key and seem generally Free Software friendly FWIW).

Thanks for reporting this. I'll see if I can get the rate limit increased.

Stephen.
I don't really use this much these days but I went to play some of my favourites this morning. Although I could see a list of my songs none of them would play....anybody else having problems?
(2014-11-17, 11:14)VanZan Wrote: I don't really use this much these days but I went to play some of my favourites this morning. Although I could see a list of my songs none of them would play....anybody else having problems?
I'm travelling now so won't be able to check until the weekend.
Regards,
Stephen.
(2014-11-18, 07:21)denhams Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 11:14)VanZan Wrote: I don't really use this much these days but I went to play some of my favourites this morning. Although I could see a list of my songs none of them would play....anybody else having problems?
I'm travelling now so won't be able to check until the weekend.
Regards,
Stephen.
I've just tried and it seems okay. Can you post the log if you are still having problems?
Ah I have my DNS servers set to American ones so I reckon that's probably causing the bother.....thank you and sorry for the false alarm. Smile
Just curious as to whether this addon is supported for the XBMC/Kodi ports made for the Raspberry Pi? I keep getting a script failed error. Might just be because the Pi is too slow and the script is timing out. I will post a log when I get a chance.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it was never able to log in, hence, every action I take from then on fails. I'm certain I have the right credentials, do I need to have a premium Grooveshark account to use this add-on?
My user id and password worked. My favorites were all there but when I try to access them I get a script error in grooveshark. Any thoughts on a fix? I'm running KODI 14.0
There seems to be a problem playing the streams in Kodi. I've done a side-by-side test with Gotham 13.2 that works okay and Helix 14.0 that doesn't. I'll investigate further.
(2014-12-27, 18:20)jb89728 Wrote: My user id and password worked. My favorites were all there but when I try to access them I get a script error in grooveshark. Any thoughts on a fix? I'm running KODI 14.0

Same here. I see my favorites and my playlists but get the script error whenever I try to play a song.

(2014-12-30, 14:23)denhams Wrote: There seems to be a problem playing the streams in Kodi. I've done a side-by-side test with Gotham 13.2 that works okay and Helix 14.0 that doesn't. I'll investigate further.

Thanks! Very much appreciated. Happy New Year.
I think I've diagnosed the problem with the addon. It seems to be due to a change in the behaviour of the Kodi player which behaves differently than previous versions. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to fix this in the addon. I've raised a bug (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15702) and await feedback from the relevant developer.

Stephen,.
Thanks works great!!!!
Keep up the good work Denhams!!!
(2015-02-03, 10:46)williammeers Wrote: Thanks works great!!!!
Keep up the good work Denhams!!!
Does it? Which XBMC/Kodi version are you using?
Its possible login with an a gmail associated account?
I cant logon using the addon but yes over the web (grooveshark.com).
(2015-02-17, 15:20)ysilvela Wrote: Its possible login with an a gmail associated account?
I cant logon using the addon but yes over the web (grooveshark.com).
I've not tried but please switch on debug in the add on settings, try again and then post the log.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Plugin) Music Addon - An alterntive to the Grooveshark Script3