• 2(current)
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?
* davilla smiles, I think I'm going win this thread topic.
Apple TV without a doubt. With the new AppleTV out, iTards are dumping the old ones on craigslist. I saw one posted for $20 the other day. i was going to paste the link but its already gone.
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares
davilla Wrote:/me smiles, I think I'm going win this thread topic.

Definitely sounds like something big is close to being announced. Was a bit curious this morning when i saw the following post on the XBMC facebook page.

"Time for a guessing game. What will the most awesome XBMC announcement of 2011 be?"

Need more clues....
Wow I almost pulled the trigger on a shuttle xs35gt this week. Glad I held off! Would love some more clues as well Tongue

Damn I was JUST about to pull the trigger on a Shuttle XS35GT too!! Could you atleast tell me if you were in my shoes would you pull the trigger or wait? Approximately when could we expect this announcement? Thanks you.
mbetter Wrote:If you're going with a Crystal HD, you might as well go with a 1st gen Apple TV. The Pentium M should be comparable to the Atom and the form factor is nicer. The drawbacks would be that you'd lose power management and probably a USB port or two.

But you also get an IR receiver. The GUI in linux with dds is killer fast. You don't need a faster system.
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares

Tell us more... Smile
I got feeling that we have to wait few more days. Anyway I'm really excited about that possible announcement on CES. And by the way, I was this close to order a Boxee Box, but this thread got all my plannings to freeze to the 0 K degrees. Big Grin
hmm.. something is going to happen.... Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
If a XBMC box was announced at CES it would be amazing! Let's just hope it allows DTS-MA bitstreaming and 3D support Big Grin

Otherwise, it will still be a custom box running XBMC Live for me! Although the XBMC box would probably be cheaper and better on power consumption... hmm.
Just posted on the XBMC facebook page.... "first bit of big news later today"
leigh_munro Wrote:Just posted on the XBMC facebook page.... "first bit of big news later today"

Is this talking about the Sigma port just put up on Facebook? If so that sounds a ways off:
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/01/05/xbmc-port-from-sigma/

xnappo
I just hope that this port has been started a long time ago, and we don't have to wait to the end of the year (or even later) for the actual product. Otherway I'll have to go for somthing like Iomega TV with Boxee + Storage. What do you think, would there be any chance to get xbmc on that model which has internal hd?
huuhaa Wrote:What do you think, would there be any chance to get xbmc on that model which has internal hd?

Personally, considering I built a 1080p capable box almost 2 years ago for $180, I don't see what the problem is Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=287...tcount=141
xnappo
xnappo Wrote:Personally, considering I built a 1080p capable box almost 2 years ago for $180, I don't see what the problem is Big Grin
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=287...tcount=141
xnappo

Big Grin
Well that would probably be better solution, just build it myself. But on the other hand, I would like to get as small as possible, and with as low power consumption as possible (and with cool "boxee like" remote). Sure I can buy modern parts separetely, and price would be quite same. Except that in my country there is always extra in price. Anyway, I would like to support xbmc by buying "official" xbmc box if possible. Atleast I hope it would be good for xbmc also, not just for manufacturer. Smile

PS. Yea, Iomega with boxee, or something similar, wouldn't be that "official" xbmc box, but if making unfficial anyway, maybe I could get hardware easiest by that way, with almost same price. That's why I mentioned it. Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?0