• 3(current)
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?
huuhaa Wrote:PS. Yea, Iomega with boxee, or something similar, wouldn't be that "official" xbmc box, but if making unfficial anyway, maybe I could get hardware easiest by that way, with almost same price. That's why I mentioned it. Smile

Just to be sure you know - you cannot just buy a Boxee box and but XBMC on it!

xnappo
Count me in as the 3rd user about ready to jump on XS35 now waiting to see if this thread develops... if it was the sigma announcement, I'm not frozen in my tracks yet Tongue
huuhaa Wrote:I would like to get as small as possible, and with as low power consumption as possible (and with cool "boxee like" remote).

I came across this the other day and it looks like a great media remote for a living room. It is BlueTooth so no Harmony compatibility, but its small and reviews I have read on it seem to indicate its pretty nice. As a bonus it has a laser pointer built in to torture your cat with when you're bored.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823852003

PS This kid in the review at newegg more then likely has it behind his PC and next to another component thats causing radio interference.
xnappo Wrote:Just to be sure you know - you cannot just buy a Boxee box and but XBMC on it!

xnappo

Yep I knew that, but thanks anyway. Just hoping that someone would find a way to but xbmc on it (or that Iomega version which has internal harddrive). But yea, seems like it's not gonna happen before Sigma based "xbmc boxes" are out.. So yea, maybe it's just most reasonable to made your own version afterall (or just wait if not in hurry Big Grin).

ritalin Wrote:I came across this the other day and it looks like a great media remote for a living room. It is BlueTooth so no Harmony compatibility, but its small and reviews I have read on it seem to indicate its pretty nice. As a bonus it has a laser pointer built in to torture your cat with when you're bored.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823852003

PS This kid in the review at newegg more then likely has it behind his PC and next to another component thats causing radio interference.

Seems nice remote, bit more expensive than boxee remote though (which can be ordered separately): Boxee Remote @ Amazon
Subscribed for big news...
Any pricing info yet on the new AMD Fusion stuff? I'm looking for something built around the Zacate platform.

Also, does XBMC 10 support AMD's APU out of the box?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
What is the annoucement? I have 2 x 1st gen apple tv's with the bcm15 crystal HD card and to be honest i'm quite disappointed with HD Content streaming. It's mostly not stable, sometimes certain movies play fine and othertimes 720P mkv's freeze every 15 seconds, it's very subtle but annoying on a projector. It's not losing the card because turning off hardware acceleration makes in not even viewable. The other annoying thing is some downloaded mp4's won't play sound at all but do on the PC.

I would like to scrap the ATV and go with something else. Can someone suggest a STABLE alternative for streaming all my HD content? Something that will just work everytime. I have a gigabit network, DOCSIS 3 (pretty good for australia), FreeNAS server with RAID 5, 5 x 1TB SATA 6gbps drives, high end projector and amp. Really want a GOOD device to play the content, ATV is letting it all down. I have a PS3 but don't really like the interface compared to XBMC and don't like UPnP.

The ATV is great for non-HD content, never skips a beat.

I hear these ION systems are pretty good? I might get one off ebay. Any advice? Preferably SSD for XMBC install, HDMI, Gigabit, Can play 1080P, supports wireless remote or iphone app, has a blu-ray player (not essential as I have ps3), quiet, SFF.
Duh duh. Duh duh. Duh... Image
skynet Wrote:Can someone suggest a STABLE alternative for streaming all my HD content? Something that will just work everytime.

You want ION. the Shuttle is the top system currently.

davilla Wrote:duh duh. Duh duh. Duh... Image

atv2 ?
davilla Wrote:Duh duh. Duh duh. Duh... Image

Big GrinBig Grin So we begin this game again .. Guessing what davilla is up to these days Big GrinBig Grin
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
shouldn't be there anything on ces (xbmc related) ?

..looks like my next xbmc-hardware !?
Cheers
ubuntuf4n

All this teasing definitely falls under the category of cruel and unusual punishment, I'm tempted to run out and buy an ATV2 right now in anticipation Big Grin
Duh duh. Duh duh. Duh... Image
Duh duh. Duh duh. Duh duh. Duh... Image
just tell me this, should I be in a rush to buy an ATV2 or should I take my time? I won't tell anyone else, you can trust me Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?0