• 4(current)
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?
hmm why has davilla avatar changed !!!
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:hmm why has davilla avatar changed !!!

Farewell Cat with Sunglasses!

Surely not the ATV2, doesn't have proper 1080p support iirc? Huh
Apple TV 2 is square.
That is round.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Only thing i can relate to that hockey puck avatar is the ATV2....
leigh_munro Wrote:Only thing i can relate to that hockey puck avatar is the ATV2....

ATV2 can't do true HD, so im not sure why that would be big announcement
darkscout Wrote:Apple TV 2 is square.
That is round.
The ATV2 is often called "puck" in the media Wink

cassius Wrote:ATV2 can't do true HD, so im not sure why that would be big announcement
But it seems like ATV2 hardware is capable of playing back 1080p.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1023131
cassius Wrote:ATV2 can't do true HD, so im not sure why that would be big announcement

Only the gods (little 'g') know what the atv2 is truly capable of doing... oh wait Smile
I think the proper term is demigod.

Makes me almost wish I sold off my ATV1 and Broadcom chip when they were worth something Smile
Code:
Is the ATV2 the same as Apple TV 2nd Gen? New Apple hardware is always grossly overpriced so I can never afford it.
Yep, Apple TV 2 = ATV2

The nice thing about the ATV2 is that it is a bit of a first for Apple: reasonably priced! $99 in the US, but (annoyingly) £104 in the UK*. That would make it one of the cheapest hardware solutions for running XBMC if it is able to run it.

*I have no idea how they calculate currency conversion at Apple but I wish they'd use the same system as everybody else! Currently $99 (USD) = £63.45 (GBP), not £104!!
^^ But is it Apple TV 1 gen 2 or ATV2 = Apple TV Gen 2 as in this pic of a gen 2. If that's the case it would be great, but I wish there were more buttons on the remote to allow for more of XBMC's features to be used.

Yeah, Apple TV 2 - like the one in the picture.

The stock remote is annoyingly limited, and I have no idea whether this can be replaced with a more versitile version. One solution could be to download an XBMC remote control app for an ipod touch or smartphone if you've got one
Can we just load XBMC and replace the MacOS?
Superorb Wrote:Can we just load XBMC and replace the MacOS?

Yeah. "Just." Shocked

On you go, and tell us how you get on...Big Grin
I really want to know how you got MacOS on the AppleTV2. That may be a bigger accomplishment than XBMC.
Code:
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest small 'box' for XBMC?0